T42 [x64] Texture Pack

tpelham42

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the great feedback folks. It really helps to motivate me to continue work on this pack. So much so that I have another update...

The image below shows the new Tesseract/Redstone Energy Cell as well as the new look of the crafting GUI and some updated IC2 Nuclear Control and vanilla items. The crafting GUI and many others have been updated for a smoother more consistent look.

TWL2gOm.png

Updates List:

IC2
- New GUI for MFSU/MFE/BatBox
- New GUI for Geothermal
- New GUI for Generator
- New GUI for Extractor

IC2 Nuclear Control
- Howler Alarm
- Cards
- Thermometer
- Digital Thermometer
- Kits
- Thermal Monitor

Thermal Expansion
- Tesseract Frame
- UnAttuned Tesseract
- Energy Tesseract
- Liqid Tesseract
- Item Tesseract
- RedStone Energy Cell

Vanilla
- Updated look of glass bottle
- Updated look of string
- New GUI for Personal Inventory
- New GUI for Crafting Table
- New GUI for Chests

You can use the download link in the original thread or get it from the T42 Website.

tpelham42

Jul 29, 2019
Another update to the T42 FTB pack is now available for download. Still a lot to go, but making some great progress. This update has a lot of new textures for RailCraft as well as a bit of an armor/items update.
KKuc0CM.png

GraviChestPlate Armor, New Rails and RailCraft blocks
Update List:

Forestry
- Cans/Capsules/Buckets
- Scoop
- Ash
- Wrench

Thermal Expansion
- Crescent Hammer
- Hardened Glass

IC2
- Quantum Armor Items
- Nano Armor Items
- Solar Helmet Armor and item
- Electric Furnace GUI

Gravisuite
- GraviChestplate and item
- Ultimate Solar Helmet and item

Vanilla
- Chainmail Armor and items
- Update to track textures

Redpower
- Fixed and updated missing seed bag texture

ThaumCraft
- Angry Zombie

RailCraft
- Item Unloader
- Item Loader
- Advanced Item Unloader
- Advanced Item Loader
- Rolling Machine
- Liquid Loader/Unloader
- Cart Dispenser
- Train Dispenser
- Rock Crusher
- Updated Boarding Track
- Updated HS Track
- HS Booster
- One Way Track
- HS Accelerator and Decelorator track

tpelham42

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks again for all the feedback folks. It really helps to know I'm on the right track. And on that note here is another update. This time I focused on getting more of the Thermal Expansion Mod textures updated. Still haven't tackled the GUIs or engines for it, but the machine blocks, conduits and portable tanks are done.

aDCkaAz.png

Download T42 FTB Texture Pack

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
it looks cool, but the machines are hard to tell what they are. may I suggest something that kinda signifies what each one does or less of a similar texture?

tpelham42

Jul 29, 2019
it looks cool, but the machines are hard to tell what they are. may I suggest something that kinda signifies what each one does or less of a similar texture?

Thanks. :)

I tried to make them as similar to their original over all look where I could with a couple of exceptions. Also the image above also doesn't show the machines in their "on" states. I'm certainly not against the idea of some symbols or mark on each one to better denote what it does, but over all may main goal is to make higher resolution / more realistic versions of the base mod textures.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. :)

I tried to make them as similar to their original over all look where I could with a couple of exceptions. Also the image above also doesn't show the machines in their "on" states. I'm certainly not against the idea of some symbols or mark on each one to better denote what it does, but over all may main goal is to make higher resolution / more realistic versions of the base mod textures.
ok, cool it looks great now.

themarshal80

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the awesome texture pack! I've been waiting for a nice texture pack to use on FTB for a long time now as I can't stand the default look. I think I've found my go-to FTB pack. Generally I use Misa's when I play vanilla, but it doesn't seem right to me if someone else adds to her pack for FTB. So I've been stuck with the default for the past few months.

That being said, I've noticed that most brick pattern seems off when they're used as a wall or floor. The parts where 2 blocks join at the top/bottom of the texture isn't alternating like traditional bricks do. The only bricks that don't seem off are the xycraft ones. I think you should change the patterns (not the texture) so that when they're stacked, they alternate properly. The Textures are amazing don't get me wrong, and I'll still use it even if you decide not to change the patterns.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks again!

Edit: also Ive noticed that smooth sandstone and regular sandstone are the same texture.

tpelham42

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you like the pack. I'll check on the brick patterns and see what I can do. The marble brick should be an easy fix and that will most likely be changed. I just recently noticed that there was no difference between smooth sandstone and regular so I will definitely be fixing that. :)

tpelham42

Jul 29, 2019
Updated the pack again. Lots of different updates to various mods, but the pictures below show some of the work I have in for the Twilight Forest Mod.

2ct4E8b.png

1FPZmf0.png

AJlXhyb.png

Updates List:

Forestry
- Engines
- Apiary block
- Alveary blocks
- Candle
- Drops
- Combs
- Honeydew
- Compost
- Bog Earth
- Peat Block

BuildCraft
- Advanced Crafting Table

RailCraft
- Steel Tools
- Steel Armor
- Updated Concrete
- Obsidian dust
- Steam Turbine
- Solid and liquid Firebox
- Boiler

Thermal Expansion
- Iron Dust
- Gold Dust

Twilight Forest
- Firefly
- Firefly Jar
- Root Strand
- Root Block
- Liveroot
- Torch Berry Plant
- Mangrove bark
- Twilight Oak Bark
- Canopy Tree bark
- Hedge Blocks

Vanilla
- Updated look of Smooth Sandstone

Reactions: Whovian

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
it's awesome from what i've seen so far.
are there textures for all the mods of the direwolf pack? i can't find a list of what mods you got textures for.
the only list i could find is "latest updates". but there is no ic2 in that list, and you have a screenshot that looks like ic2 machines

tpelham42

Jul 29, 2019
it's awesome from what i've seen so far.
are there textures for all the mods of the direwolf pack? i can't find a list of what mods you got textures for.
the only list i could find is "latest updates". but there is no ic2 in that list, and you have a screenshot that looks like ic2 machines

Thanks for the feedback. :) You can see a full supported mod list and progress on my website here.

ManaaniWanderer

Jul 29, 2019
After playing with it a while my biggest issue is with the bees, theres not enough difference between queens/drones/princesses to make it easy to tell at a glance which one you have.

GrumpyOldG

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to bump this for the T42 creator. I have always been a Soartex fan, but this pack looks wonderful. It is getting pretty close to being complete for the Direwolf20 pack and I would say it is worth your time to check it out.

I'm surprised it is not more popular.

He has updated his vanilla pack for 1.5 so I'm hoping when FTB makes the move that we will get an update for the mods as well.

Take care...

MasterFSK

Jul 29, 2019
This is a lovely pack!
I really hope you do keep and have time to update this further. I have also, like the poster above, been a fan of Soartex. After testing this, I fell in love with it. Using it already on vanilla =)
As for FTB though, since it's not complete I'm waiting a bit longer, can't stand the original textures where the T42 is missing. :( I will wait in constant anxiety for updates :)
Again, lovely textures =)

tachyony

Jul 29, 2019
In case anyone is interested, I did a quick custom pack with T42 and then dumped Misa into the texture pack (private of course). The GUIs are obviously inconsistent and the fonts are passable, but it looks quite decent and is more than playable even with a few obvious inconsistencies. There is definitely potential for a semi realistic x64 texture pack in FTB. Overall T42 is a nice texture pack and can easily replace Soartex in my worlds. It also nice to have another 64x texture pack which is not Sphax.

GentleBear

Jul 29, 2019
Really great pack, true to the vanilla textures but just - better :) Will you extend it to include the mods i the ultimate pack also or will it stay exclusively Direwolf?