Suggest Mods For FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

LELS

Jul 29, 2019
I know I shouldn't... but seeing as Ars Magica wasn't included in the 1.5.2 preview pack, it would be nice to have it in :p - Also, some of the spells would be very useful as "alternative tools"

Tizona

Jul 29, 2019
I posted this in a different, related thread, but these are the mods I've fallen in love with, and were dissapointed to find missing from this modpack

hey! there are a handful of WONDERFUL mods in BigDig pack, that I would love to see in FTB. since BigDig is using older software, and is proving to be an unstable server, I'm looking into getting the mods that I love, into FTB ultimate, one way or another, so I can enjoy them.
Mettalurgy 2 and it's child mods. EXTREMELY fun.
Treecapitator!
enchantment plus [might already have something similar for picking enchantments, but this one is a great one]
Magical crops [who wouldn't want to be able to GROW coal, and iron, to GROW exp on plants?! fuckin win!!
Dungeon pack [really adds a lot to exploration of maps.]
logistics pipes. srsly, look this stuff up on youtube. omg talk about high tech!
chococraft is fun
monster spawn highlighter
Natura seems to add additional trees, like GIGANTIC redwoods.

basically these are the reasons I didn't go with FTB, but went with BigDig.

I would LOVE to see a more stable modpack than bigdig have this. from what I understand, BigDig is using out dated forge versions, and is unstable as a result.

I Understand, that the first four, are not going to be implemented? I would be dissapointed, Mettalurgy 2 greatly improves ore spawn rates, making it much easier to find enough resources to DO things with. but it's not my modpack. but those are the ones I wanna play with.

Morvelaira

Jul 29, 2019
By this am I right in understanding you would rather see every user list all the mods we would suggest be added rather than only suggesting mods that have not yet been suggested? My instinct is to read through what has been suggested and then only post if I have something new to add. But if we do that you have no idea what mods have interest from multiple people, so all mods would seem to have very little interest. If you'd rather count the number of people who suggest a mod, maybe the OP should include something that says "Suggest a mod even if it's already been suggested."

That is not what I mean in the slightest. We gage interest in mods by other factors than how many times it shows up in this thread - we pay attention to the general chatter on these forums as well as others, and other places as well. In this thread, please only post a suggestion for a mod if it has not already been suggested. This thread is mostly meant to highlight mods that may have escaped our notice. Just as there's no promise we'll throw something in because it's popular, by the same token we may be very keen on throwing in mods that are rather unknown, but good and solid to play with.

Reactions: kaosjr and Bihlbo

Vermillion

Jul 29, 2019
While the name sounds way stupid it's one of the most enjoyable mods I have ever played with. Not game breaking or over powered. Only moderately useful but pure fun.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...splanmp-added-batchocobo-and-silverfish-bike/
Wow... the models for the custom mobs are so scary... and ugly. Chocobos are meant to be cute.
We get rideable pigs already and horses in 1.6. If you want a mount mod, i'd recommend Torojima's ChocoCraft. Chocobo Breeding and mounts and the models actually look good (They don't have a drill for a beak).
Link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...raft-285-happiness-distilled-into-avian-form/

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I posted this in a different, related thread, but these are the mods I've fallen in love with, and were dissapointed to find missing from this modpack

hey! there are a handful of WONDERFUL mods in BigDig pack, that I would love to see in FTB. since BigDig is using older software, and is proving to be an unstable server, I'm looking into getting the mods that I love, into FTB ultimate, one way or another, so I can enjoy them.
Treecapitator!
enchantment plus [might already have something similar for picking enchantments, but this one is a great one]
Magical crops [who wouldn't want to be able to GROW coal, and iron, to GROW exp on plants?! fuckin win!!
Dungeon pack [really adds a lot to exploration of maps.]
logistics pipes. srsly, look this stuff up on youtube. omg talk about high tech!
chococraft is fun
monster spawn highlighter
Natura seems to add additional trees, like GIGANTIC redwoods.

basically these are the reasons I didn't go with FTB, but went with BigDig.

I would LOVE to see a more stable modpack than bigdig have this. from what I understand, BigDig is using out dated forge versions, and is unstable as a result.

I Understand, that the first four, are not going to be implemented? I would be dissapointed, Mettalurgy 2 greatly improves ore spawn rates, making it much easier to find enough resources to DO things with. but it's not my modpack. but those are the ones I wanna play with.

Thermal Expansion allows you to adjust ore spawn rate.

What you are basically asking is for us to take a group of mods that has proven to be unstable when combined.. and add it to a modpack on our launcher. That won't magically make it stable. Some of the mods in that pack are part of the problem.

Reactions: kaosjr

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

Thermal Expansion allows you to adjust ore spawn rate.
What you are basically asking is for us to take a group of mods that has proven to be unstable when combined.. and add it to a modpack on our launcher. That won't magically make it stable. Some of the mods in that pack are part of the problem.

I was enamored of Metallurgy until I realized that the dev team is really only working on metallurgy 3 as a perfunctory measure. They care a lot about Atum and not so much about Metallurgy. The metals are not very compatible with other machines (and in many cases the Metallurgy machines use the ore dict incorrectly). Metallurgy also interacts very poorly with twilight forest and other mods. It's basically not usable in a stable modpack.

Which made me sad, but there are other ways to make mining in the overworld more interesting.

Enchanting Plus is a poorly designed mod. It is basically the NEI enchantment console with a mild XP requirement. If you want to just add enchantments without effort then you should just use NEI. No one is going to tell you you're doing it wrong if you do it this way. If you'd like to look at more balanced and entertaining new enchantment mods, check out Immibis's excellent LiquidXP and Minefactory Reloaded's mob farming and Auto-enchanter functionality. Or use both!

Most of the other mods you suggest, Tizona, are superfluous in even Direwolf20 or Mindcrack. NEI and ModularPowersuits do a lot of what you want. I suggest digging in a bit. The only other mod worth mentioning is Magical Crops. MC is actually surprisingly balanced, stable and fun, but it's probably not appropriate in a pack that contains Natura and it's very, very, very strong when combined with Minefactory Reloaded.

Big Dig is a good idea for a pack, but a sort of weak execution.

Reactions: Pokefenn and Bihlbo

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to suggest OpenPeripherals get rolled into every modpack that has ComputerCraft. It's an amazing mod that makes most objects in the world a peripheral, so that ComputerCraft turtles can maintain state.

It's also added "augmented reality" features. You can use Computers to paint stuff directly onto your screen as custom HUDs. You can see a video of it in action here. Amazing.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to suggest OpenPeripherals get rolled into every modpack that has ComputerCraft. It's an amazing mod that makes most objects in the world a peripheral, so that ComputerCraft turtles can maintain state.

It's also added "augmented reality" features. You can use Computers to paint stuff directly onto your screen as custom HUDs. You can see a video of it in action here. Amazing.
The only problem with OpenPeripherlas atm is, that it costs nothing. A CC Computer is cheap and with OpenPeripherals you can do pretty much anything and even replace expansive parts of other mods. And do not tell me that the cost is programming in Lua as that is not a cost which can be compared to resources spent.
If it gets to the point where it is a bit more balanced for the overall gameplay it will get a +1 from me ;)

Reactions: kaosjr

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
The only problem with OpenPeripherlas atm is, that it costs nothing. A CC Computer is cheap and with OpenPeripherals you can do pretty much anything and even replace expansive parts of other mods. And do not tell me that the cost is programming in Lua as that is not a cost which can be compared to resources spent.
If it gets to the point where it is a bit more balanced for the overall gameplay it will get a +1 from me ;)

Now you've got me curious! Most OpenPeripherals support calls seem to be "read only". It still cannot replace an expensive inventory peripheral. So it lets you read and visualize data, but doesn't let you "do things" without the normal additional peripherals.

What can you do with just OP that I'm not seeing?

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure where to post this, but was curious about why treecapitator and like mods will never be used. Is it a balance issue, stability, or some other reason? I use it in my SP and like something like it on a server because I can't stand see half cut down trees from lazy people. I mainly asked, cus if it has stability issues, I'd rather not take a chance on messing anything up and remove it.
Thanks in advance....

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure where to post this, but was curious about why treecapitator and like mods will never be used. Is it a balance issue, stability, or some other reason? I use it in my SP and like something like it on a server because I can't stand see half cut down trees from lazy people. I mainly asked, cus if it has stability issues, I'd rather not take a chance on messing anything up and remove it.
Thanks in advance....

Mostly because that functionality exists in other mods, and is a little too strong at the start.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Enchanting Plus is a poorly designed mod. It is basically the NEI enchantment console with a mild XP requirement. If you want to just add enchantments without effort then you should just use NEI. No one is going to tell you you're doing it wrong if you do it this way. If you'd like to look at more balanced and entertaining new enchantment mods, check out Immibis's excellent LiquidXP and Minefactory Reloaded's mob farming and Auto-enchanter functionality. Or use both!

I'd sorta disagree on this one, in most cases the XP cost is rather a lot higher than vanilla enchanting for the same enchants, yet just gives you the ability to take away the nonesensical randomness of it. While yes, having LiquidXP and MFR does sorta make it a poor choice, I think any modpack that rolls out without them should certainly come with E+ as it just fixes the horribly broken Vanilla enchanting mechanic.
The way I see it, you're being forced to make a mob spawner, as if you want to use books to get what you want, you're certainly not going to be able to do it purely through mining/fighting the random mobs that spawn. It's a horribly broken system that E+ does a good job of fixing.
Even with LXP and MFR, I think this would be a good addition, the more options one has the better, especially if one can change the costs in the config (not had a look in the E+ config ever so don't really know if this is a thing or not)

Reactions: jimmy69

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I was enamored of Metallurgy until I realized that the dev team is really only working on metallurgy 3 as a perfunctory measure. They care a lot about Atum and not so much about Metallurgy. The metals are not very compatible with other machines (and in many cases the Metallurgy machines use the ore dict incorrectly). Metallurgy also interacts very poorly with twilight forest and other mods. It's basically not usable in a stable modpack.

Which made me sad, but there are other ways to make mining in the overworld more interesting.

Most of the other mods you suggest, Tizona, are superfluous in even Direwolf20 or Mindcrack. NEI and ModularPowersuits do a lot of what you want. I suggest digging in a bit. The only other mod worth mentioning is Magical Crops. MC is actually surprisingly balanced, stable and fun, but it's probably not appropriate in a pack that contains Natura and it's very, very, very strong when combined with Minefactory Reloaded.

Big Dig is a good idea for a pack, but a sort of weak execution.

Wow we manged to get to the second page before we got off topic.
Quote: Jadedcat (Global Moderator): "3. DO NOT DISCUSS MODS - this is a place to make suggestions not discuss pros and cons arguing and spatting over mod suggestions will result in a time out."

kadaboom

Jul 29, 2019
I want to suggest the mod CompactWindmills.
It is similar to CompactSolars, but for Windmills: it compacts them.
Link to the thread: here

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
The mods that go into the Mindcrack pack are decided by the Mindcrack team, not the FTB team.

Exotria

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to express my interest in Modular Powersuit Addons going in, as much of the functionality was split off from the main Powersuits that was already in FTB. It has many things I use that I wouldn't like to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.