Suggest ModPacks for Creation

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
I'd really like a modpack centered around villagers. Perhaps the central mod would be one that tweaks how village mechanics work (Instead of counting doors, the doors use a flood-fill mechanic to determine the room size (a 4x4 room is "size 1") so that you have to make real houses instead of 100s of outhouses, but big buildings are even better).

Besides trading with villagers for your main resources, you have to expand their village and keep them safe, because almost everything you need revolves around them. Early game? Villagers, farming, armor. Mid game? Villagers, Automating-Magic, Villagers. End game? Villagers, bosses, Villagers, Villagers. All sorts of new kinds of villagers would be added, villagers would have multiple trades possible, you could give villagers stuff for them to equip to protect themselves... Oh, and some hostile villagers that spawn more frequently the more villagers you let die or kill yourself, which must be calmed down with gifts.

Oh, I know. There aren't any mods that exist that we could use to MAKE this modpack, but one can dream, right?

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I'd really like a modpack centered around villagers. Perhaps the central mod would be one that tweaks how village mechanics work (Instead of counting doors, the doors use a flood-fill mechanic to determine the room size (a 4x4 room is "size 1") so that you have to make real houses instead of 100s of outhouses, but big buildings are even better).

Besides trading with villagers for your main resources, you have to expand their village and keep them safe, because almost everything you need revolves around them. Early game? Villagers, farming, armor. Mid game? Villagers, Automating-Magic, Villagers. End game? Villagers, bosses, Villagers, Villagers. All sorts of new kinds of villagers would be added, villagers would have multiple trades possible, you could give villagers stuff for them to equip to protect themselves... Oh, and some hostile villagers that spawn more frequently the more villagers you let die or kill yourself, which must be calmed down with gifts.

Oh, I know. There aren't any mods that exist that we could use to MAKE this modpack, but one can dream, right?
Oh man, this is something I tried back a while ago in 1.6.4 and it was really difficult to find a way to do this without making it a map or superflat. And then making all the new trades was tedious. But I really like the idea for how houses work. You can have like 4x4 is one person 4x6 is two 4x8 is three, 6x6 is three and so on upto a maximum size. I would really like to see a village overhaul mod anyway.

I always thought that villages should have more to do with game play anyway and this pack would be awesome to play.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah, a Base-based pack. You start in a fort and you expand with magnum torches and otherwise it will have such a huge monster spawn rate. But then the monster loot drop rates are extremely rare, to keep from exploitations. And some sort of dungeon system.

Reactions: CrusherTechnologies

ookagaricrypt

Jul 29, 2019
I've started development on a Magic: the Gathering based pack. Other than that though, I like the idea of people making packs based on various bits of pop culture. Tolkiencraft is great, but it's one of many potential worlds that can be made Minecraft-esque.

Awesome Ideas include:
a pack based off the League of Legends world Runeterra
a pack based off Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern
a pack based off Diane Duane's Young Wizard series

The last two are some pretty good book series, not sure how they would translate into packs, but it might be done.

In regards to Skyblocks, which seem to be the most popular kind of HQM pack, that Botania Addon Garden of Glass would make for a non Ex Nihilo style pack. Many of the one's I've seen for that mod are small, only like ten mods. If a person has the computing power, time, and patience it might be cool to see a pack as refined and large as Agrarian Skies using that mod.

Reactions: jdog1408

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I'm gonna try and keep this thread alive and suggest a multiplayer battle pack like Trident but not as complicated. Probably just be a bunch of weapon and warfare mods stringed together. But I think that'd be fun

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
A skyblock pack with only the Culinary Generator as power. The story would be that you're on a cooking show, trapped on a simulated floating island, and you must cook your way to freedom with an RFTools dimension as your end-goal. Progression is enforced through Agricraft, with a custom breeding tree that puts more useful seeds at the top (like Soybeans). In addition, people have to use Harvestcraft machines they've never needed to touch. Need Wax for some Hardened Leather? Use an Apiary with Royal Jelly being made from Candleberries! Have to make Butter? Start churning away! Want animal products before breeding any Soybeans? Grab an Animal Trap and get some raw meat out of nowhere! Fluxed Crystals makes sure that before they get that Iron, they have a food power setup going (starting with a Culinary Generator made from Plastic). Cheap "cop-out" recipes like Cake and the easier recipe for Stuffed Eggplant are disabled. And Hunger Overhaul makes it so you can't just load cooked meat into your generator.

ookagaricrypt

Jul 29, 2019
A skyblock pack with only the Culinary Generator as power. The story would be that you're on a cooking show, trapped on a simulated floating island, and you must cook your way to freedom with an RFTools dimension as your end-goal. Progression is enforced through Agricraft, with a custom breeding tree that puts more useful seeds at the top (like Soybeans). In addition, people have to use Harvestcraft machines they've never needed to touch. Need Wax for some Hardened Leather? Use an Apiary with Royal Jelly being made from Candleberries! Have to make Butter? Start churning away! Want animal products before breeding any Soybeans? Grab an Animal Trap and get some raw meat out of nowhere! Fluxed Crystals makes sure that before they get that Iron, they have a food power setup going (starting with a Culinary Generator made from Plastic). Cheap "cop-out" recipes like Cake and the easier recipe for Stuffed Eggplant are disabled. And Hunger Overhaul makes it so you can't just load cooked meat into your generator.

OMG Yes!!! This sounds hilarious and awesome!!! Would there be any kind of tech at all whatsoever?

I don't think HQM would quite work. Perhaps Simple Achievements instead?

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
OMG Yes!!! This sounds hilarious and awesome!!! Would there be any kind of tech at all whatsoever?

I don't think HQM would quite work. Perhaps Simple Achievements instead?
Yes, there would be tech. All the normal tech mods are in there. And does Simple Achievements even allow for a storyline? I'm gonna be using HQM, but not Hardcore.

ookagaricrypt

Jul 29, 2019
Simple Achievements basically gives a checklist of things to do to progress, it doesn't really give a story like HQM. Personally I kind of like the idea of using Lore Expansion on top of either HQM or Simple Achievements. That's something that really allows you to deliver a story.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Simple Achievements basically gives a checklist of things to do to progress, it doesn't really give a story like HQM. Personally I kind of like the idea of using Lore Expansion on top of either HQM or Simple Achievements. That's something that really allows you to deliver a story.
This really doesn't have a deep storyline, so Lore Expansion isn't needed. But I still want to convey a storyline in the quests. I also want to give rewards for quests, something Simple Achievements can't do.

ookagaricrypt

Jul 29, 2019
This really doesn't have a deep storyline, so Lore Expansion isn't needed. But I still want to convey a storyline in the quests. I also want to give rewards for quests, something Simple Achievements can't do.
True then, HQM works perfectly.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
I wonder why nobody has made a Pixelmon HQM, that would be an interesting idea.
Um... Because this. It's a shame, and everyone's breaking it (especially on Technic, and ATLauncher has one too), but we gotta honor the dev's wishes.

I did think of a Terrafirmacraft + Pokécube combo once (since Pixelmon can't be used).

ookagaricrypt

Jul 29, 2019
Um... Because this. It's a shame, and everyone's breaking it (especially on Technic, and ATLauncher has one too), but we gotta honor the dev's wishes.

I did think of a Terrafirmacraft + Pokécube combo once (since Pixelmon can't be used).

I've seen Pokecube, but never played it. How do you like it compared to Pixelmon?

Edit: I've re read it, but can't find what makes it impossible. Is it that you can only download it straight from the Pixelmon Dev team?

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
If people are interested I'll make this. But I was thinking I was gonna take the Botania Gardens of Glass pack and add a few minor mods and minetweaker and change the pack as much as I can.

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
A modpack designed to b played on peaceful

That would actually be interesting to see, might be a really cool modpack

I am sorry I came so late to this conversation. I have a modpack that I have been developing since May, 2015. It is called Fallen Star, Path to Ascension. You should be able to find the link to it in my post signature. It is a hqm desert survival modpack that is focused on peaceful mode play. I have actually been looking for help with that pack because writing the quests for that is taking for ever since I have so many other things going on. I am also an active youtuber and twitch livestreamer, and on top of that I've had major computer problems for the last 3 or 4 months with my big gaming rig, so I've had very little time to work on it since September. I am planning to do some work on it in january, but there are so many quests not just write but to figure out and to balance with rewards.

After this modpack is done I have a few other ideas that I want to work on.

One of the ideas is a minimalist realism wilderness survival pack, where nothing but real world creatures appear and technological progression is slow and arduous process. That pack will have things like enviromine, iguana's tweaks, hunger overhaul, spice of life, agricraft and other realism mods to make it hyper-realistic.

Another idea for a future modpack that I have is to create a consequences of technology modpack, which will be a major challenge. The idea is that you are a space-farer who crashes on an inhabited planet. the player lost all the comforts of his/her advanced technological society, and has a difficult choice. Live with the inhabitants as they are with their medieval tech, or try to make life better for you and the inhabitants by introducing things like powered light sources, automated supply chains, and more; but at a great cost, a cost to the enviroment, a cost to their society, a cost to the entire world as a whole. I don't think I need to explain the types of challenges that creating this type of pack would entail.