Suggest ModPacks for Creation

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
I have a couple "modpack recipes" I made on the Minecraft forum; they're pretty huge posts (explaining not only what the mods are, but why they were included), so I figured I'd just link to them here. I hope that's alright. At the moment, they're "Recipes," because I don't have permission for all the mods, and because I don't really have enough energy (or expertise) to provide technical support.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I have a couple "modpack recipes" I made on the Minecraft forum; they're pretty huge posts (explaining not only what the mods are, but why they were included), so I figured I'd just link to them here. I hope that's alright. At the moment, they're "Recipes," because I don't have permission for all the mods, and because I don't really have enough energy (or expertise) to provide technical support.
Seem cool and that is what this thread is for, either a blip of what you want or the entire novel if you please. I like your ideas too. I always wanted to make something like Vanilla Beyond but I don't have too much time to rub modpacks either

Last edited:

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
An HQM pack where you choose a magic path or a tech path, this would be meant for multiplayer if course. But it would be tricky to make sure that players don't swap machines, I mean trading items and weapons and tools would be fun but a way to make sure that the magic players can't use the machines and that the tech players can't use a thauminomicon and stuff like that

BlockFizix

Jul 29, 2019
An HQM pack where you choose a magic path or a tech path, this would be meant for multiplayer if course. But it would be tricky to make sure that players don't swap machines, I mean trading items and weapons and tools would be fun but a way to make sure that the magic players can't use the machines and that the tech players can't use a thauminomicon and stuff like that

I'm actually creating a modpack similar to this right now, http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/redemption-hqm-modpack.99271/ players will progress down either a magic tree or a technology tree.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I've thought it would be cool to have a pack where the tech is kinda Medieval-level, maybe nearing early Steampunk... and the main magic option is Witchery -- no Thaumcraft or Botania. I've played a bit under that premise in an RR instance, but if there were config and modtweaker done up for balance, maybe even a questbook... could be a blast.

Reactions: jdog1408

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I've thought it would be cool to have a pack where the tech is kinda Medieval-level, maybe nearing early Steampunk... and the main magic option is Witchery -- no Thaumcraft or Botania. I've played a bit under that premise in an RR instance, but if there were config and modtweaker done up for balance, maybe even a questbook... could be a blast.
what's that one automation pack that's in AGII because that's kind of medievally

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see a modpack that features the most recent editions of the 'high tech' mods. The goal of allowing a player to create an ultramodern world. Sort of a 1.7.10 version of the Tech World modpack from FTB.

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
I would love a hardcore modpack kind of like crash landing, or even blood n bones.
I haven't seen a modpack that needs time menaging and for you to be careful, for 1.7.10, and that is really tweaked in the recipes department

Enviado do meu GT-I9505 através de Tapatalk

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I would love a hardcore modpack kind of like crash landing, or even blood n bones.
I haven't seen a modpack that needs time menaging and for you to be careful, for 1.7.10, and that is really tweaked in the recipes department

Enviado do meu GT-I9505 através de Tapatalk
I was actually gonna do this and it wouldn't be machine heavy, maybe a bit of magic, but tweaking alot of vanilla recipes. And then very hunger heavy as well.

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
I was actually gonna do this and it wouldn't be machine heavy, maybe a bit of magic, but tweaking alot of vanilla recipes. And then very hunger heavy as well.
If I can help you in anything just ask.
I'm willing to help, and would really like to.
I don't really know hou to use the mods to change recipes and such, but i can always learn and can help in other stuff, like ideias

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
I was thinking a modpack themed after world generation and nature, focusing on three main mods: Biomes O' Plenty, Underground Biomes Constructs, and CaveBiomes by WhiskyTangoFox. The only real tech/magic mod could be Botania, maybe some Forestry, and you'd have to try and use those mods to automate everything. Would not have a story or anything cool like that, though.

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
I want to design a modpack kinda like Regrowth, where Botania is the main focus, though there is some tech. One twist: generators from other mods won't be effective, producing little to no power. The only way to get lots of RF would be through Botania's Mana Fluxfield block. Or, perhaps, the generators could take Botania items in their recipies, such as runes or elementium.

The mods will play together more than a regular pack. Railcraft can be used to transport large amounts of mana, via mana carts. The mana can be used to make vis for Thaumcraft through Forbidden Magic, and Applied Energistics will have the Thaumic energistics addon to store essentia. Thermal Dynamics will be missing, in preference of Buildcraft and Logistics Pipes (once the latter updates). Ender IO will replace Thermal Expansion simply for the ender rail, which, combined with Railcraft, will be a replacement for the tesseract.

I was thinking of some possible builds, and came up with: Pump lava out of the Nether into tank carts > Ender rail to overworld > Unload to Arcane Spa from Thaumcraft > feed to thermalilies > split mana between storage and RF gen > fuel Dimensional Trancievers. With luck, some config changes, and some MineTweaker, this could actually be a way to gain RF.

Might have a quest book to get you on your way, but I haven't decided about that yet.

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
I want to design a modpack kinda like Regrowth, where Botania is the main focus, though there is some tech. One twist: generators from other mods won't be effective, producing little to no power. The only way to get lots of RF would be through Botania's Mana Fluxfield block. Or, perhaps, the generators could take Botania items in their recipies, such as runes or elementium.

The mods will play together more than a regular pack. Railcraft can be used to transport large amounts of mana, via mana carts. The mana can be used to make vis for Thaumcraft through Forbidden Magic, and Applied Energistics will have the Thaumic energistics addon to store essentia. Thermal Dynamics will be missing, in preference of Buildcraft and Logistics Pipes (once the latter updates). Ender IO will replace Thermal Expansion simply for the ender rail, which, combined with Railcraft, will be a replacement for the tesseract.

I was thinking of some possible builds, and came up with: Pump lava out of the Nether into tank carts > Ender rail to overworld > Unload to Arcane Spa from Thaumcraft > feed to thermalilies > split mana between storage and RF gen > fuel Dimensional Trancievers. With luck, some config changes, and some MineTweaker, this could actually be a way to gain RF.

Might have a quest book to get you on your way, but I haven't decided about that yet.
If you want help send me a private text, I would really like to make a modpack or at least help in one.
I really like that ideia, I have loved modpacks that have everything really tweak, specially in the recipes.
If you would like to try to do it and want help, you can just ask me.
Keep playing and enjoying minecraft :D

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
So, I dunno that much about the big mods, but I think I have a cool idea, tell me if this has been done before. An HQM Skyblock-themed mod where there's actually something below you. And that thing is a wasteland made with BiomeTweaker, perhaps with the inability to place blocks below a certain height so you can't settle down there. Mostly frozen, but in some rare places there is a desert. And using Pam's Desertcraft, those deserts will be your key to starting the adventure. Meaning you'll have to search the wastes for cacti to start your adventure. I'll also make sure that any mods I add will not have any way to get Wood besides Cacti.

The question is: Tech or magic? I feel like magic is better, but IMO that's only because I haven't learned that much about tech mods. What do you think?

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
So, I dunno that much about the big mods, but I think I have a cool idea, tell me if this has been done before. An HQM Skyblock-themed mod where there's actually something below you. And that thing is a wasteland made with BiomeTweaker, perhaps with the inability to place blocks below a certain height so you can't settle down there. Mostly frozen, but in some rare places there is a desert. And using Pam's Desertcraft, those deserts will be your key to starting the adventure. Meaning you'll have to search the wastes for cacti to start your adventure. I'll also make sure that any mods I add will not have any way to get Wood besides Cacti.

The question is: Tech or magic? I feel like magic is better, but IMO that's only because I haven't learned that much about tech mods. What do you think?
I would suggest magic because most skyblockesque packs I've played have been tech or generic/unthemed(Other than running red, actually really like that pack) I mean you have to switch stuff up to keep it fun. Plus you could make it interesting with the glass something or another from Botania as long as you over run the map. And maybe have other floating islands be rare too and have extra loot.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
I would suggest magic because most skyblockesque packs I've played have been tech or generic/unthemed(Other than running red, actually really like that pack) I mean you have to switch stuff up to keep it fun. Plus you could make it interesting with the glass something or another from Botania as long as you over run the map. And maybe have other floating islands be rare too and have extra loot.
Yeah, I think that'll work. I was thinking magic too. One thing I do know is that I want to make a large-ish island so people can build if they want to.

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019

That's a little sbit weird, frozen with deserts, but it could be something really cool.
The only pack that seems a little bit like that is regrowth, because of the wasteland theme, but other then that, that ideia could be something really cool

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
That's a little sbit weird, frozen with deserts, but it could be something really cool.
The only pack that seems a little bit like that is regrowth, because of the wasteland theme, but other then that, that ideia could be something really cool
I was thinking more than just frozen, maybe like a Mushroom-style overgrown biome to act as a transition.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I think that'll work. I was thinking magic too. One thing I do know is that I want to make a large-ish island so people can build if they want to.
The real challenge is making sure that you make it a different grind than the usual Ex Nihilo + HQM. Maybe without TiCon and using "Vanilla" Metallurgy progression instead.