"[STDOUT] You have some mods with DRM, you must remove these to continue"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodrone

Jul 29, 2019
After lots of experimenting, I cant seem to fix the problem. Imma go to bed and we'll see if it is fixed tomorrow.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I got pinged to this thread like four times. Is someone AGAIN claiming I have DRM in my mods? If so, who am I going to turn into my next chew toy?
Some mod decided to throw a hissy fit at mods including DRM. Apparently, someone thinks you have DRM in your mods, but that's the issue: we don't know who.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Some mod decided to throw a hissy fit at mods including DRM. Apparently, someone thinks you have DRM in your mods, but that's the issue: we don't know who.
My strong suspicion is on those additions made by "a friend of the admin", as I doubt the developers of any mod major enough to be in FTB packs to be this appallingly stupid.

Not only is whatever responsible trying to reignite this idiotic flame war again - and I am genuinely angry about the fact some asshat out there feels entitled and moralistic enough to drag me into this issue for the fifth time - but it is doing so in a way so comically malicious and deceptive that it itself comes far closer to being DRM than any mod, and is flagrantly in violation of the rules Mojang have set against malicious code.

@Prodrone:
Send me just the mods made by the friend of your admin. Do not send me the entire pack, as I have most of the same mods and can rule them out from experience. My initial suspicion - that of the author believing "requiring modpacks to have permission = DRM" - a sentiment I have seen before - appears inconsistent with the mods triggering the system, as Mo'Creatures and ThaumCraft have the most restrictive pack perms I know yet do not appear. No, this one appears personal.

Last edited:

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
The full forge log would surely help. By seeing the context of where the message is emitted in the stream we could infer which mod was causing the problem. It might be really nice and simply tell us the name of the mod that 'errored'.

Reactions: 1SDAN

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
The full forge log would surely help. By seeing the context of where the message is emitted in the stream we could infer which mod was causing the problem. It might be really nice and simply tell us the name of the mod that 'errored'.
Espically since the full log logs at finest so we get the whole
Code:
2014-06-13 14:49:10 [FINEST] [JABBA] Sending event FMLPostInitializationEvent to mod JABBA
2014-06-13 14:49:10 [FINEST] [JABBA] Sent event FMLPostInitializationEvent to mod JABBA
with any output the mod produces going in between. Since this is a problem on loading, you just need to find the non-matching (at the end of the log) "Sending event" message.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
but it is doing so in a way so comically malicious and deceptive that it itself comes far closer to being DRM than any mod, and is flagrantly in violation of the rules Mojang have set against malicious code.
Wouldn't call it DRM, that's outright borderline malware.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
and is flagrantly in violation of the rules Mojang have set against malicious code.

Also, Mojang's EULA means absolutely nothing in practice (apart from causing drama), has not been tested, and nobody is even sure if it's legal or not for them to restrict other peoples' rights like that in relation to Minecraft.

Reactions: 1SDAN and Padfoote

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
is this a Mojang error report I wonder? Or is that line specifically added by some mod? Dying to know what happens next.

jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Reading OP's posts makes me suspicious of him completely. It just doesn't seem legit. I doubt OP ever returns. If OP submits the proper logs and mods lists to Reika & immibis, MAYBE we'll get to bottom of this. Outside of that this seems like someone trying to start a witch hunt.

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
So I googled things like DRM minecraft mod and FTB DRM and I saw pixelmon mod (we don't have, so not doing it). I do see that people keep accusing these guys named greg and rekia and sengir of drm. Is it one of them? I dont know who they are.
This guy is at least definitely new but almost certainly a troll. The whole admin thing seems like a waste of modders time. The DRM will have only appeared when they added a mod which they would have noticed doing. Please can the thread be locked and someone ip this person to try and find out whether they have any other accounts on the forums. If they do they are trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.