"[STDOUT] You have some mods with DRM, you must remove these to continue"

Status
Not open for further replies.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
They are the single most useful method of medium-or-larger distance transport I've yet encountered. They're nearly completely configurable as to locations, they can work intra-dimension as well as inter-dimension... They fix every single problem I've ever had with a transport system, and they don't require power

Which is also why mystcraft is the single biggest OP mod that I just love and want to use.

I love the dimension/world creation.
The teleport system is just badly too strong.

I look forward to Veo's linking tweaks being ported to 1.7.10, so that mystcraft portals can be restricted to spawn only, or some other restriction on them.

As much as horses/donkeys made minecarts, boat roads, nether rails, etc, all obsolete, mystcraft portals make horses (and everything else) almost obsolete.

Horses still win for the first trip to a new location.
Portals win for everything else.
Minecarts, waterways, etc, are all useless once mystcraft shows up.

And ... Ender TNT that will teleport to, and explode at, arbitrary locations in arbitrary dimensions? It's slightly less powerful than mystcraft portals, but it's still triggering my "balance sense" :).

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if I should post it here in case someone has not thought this up already, but the mystcraft discussion brought up a concept in my mind that just scares the crap out of me.

Teleporting tactical nukes.

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
Well I was just thinking of activating an IC2 nuke over a mystcraft portal causing it to drop through.

And yup, I'm regretting bringing it up. :p

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Can it move? If yes, it can go through a mystcraft portal to anywhere you tell it. It's what makes it so easy to troll with, but amazingly most people (that I've seen) actually use the mystcraft portals for what they are intended to do, and not so much the trolling.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
You can do that? I thought it'd just explode on impact. Make a portal big enough for the margin of error, and you could fire red matter missiles thru and remotely shove someone's base into a black hole.

I wasn't going to use missiles- just the raw explosive.

So something like this?

I'm not going to drop reddit into someones base.
I have standards man. There are some things you just shouldn't do.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Ohh ...

Sending fission entities through a portal.

Sure, it's unloaded chunks now, but those unloaded chunks will load at some point, and then ...

(Does it go Kaboom?)

Geekman9097

Jul 29, 2019
Found it.
http://pastebin.com/rP1dWEWZ

Not only have my suspicions been confirmed, but we can all enjoy the realization that the guy making this mod not only is dumb enough to try this sort of enforcement, but also to think the tag "BuildCraft" is going to catch the various chunks of BuildCraft, which are tagged things like "BuildCraft|Energy" and the like.

I also kind of like how he added almost all my mods at once near the end, presumably in some sort of "OMG this guy has like 10 mods" panic.

Not surprisingly, this moron's other three mods - "Slower Redstone", "Mob Buff", and "Double Diamonds" also contain this code in their preload phase.

@Prodrone
What your admin's friend is doing is incredibly stupid and very much against the rules. Mind feeding them to the dragon?

so I know this post is long dead, but i had to bring this up. If the modder wanted to block reika's mods, why didn't he just blacklist DragonAPI? More being stupid on his part i suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.