"[STDOUT] You have some mods with DRM, you must remove these to continue"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I got the helper guy to send me the log, here it is: http://pastebin.com/EpgAFkU1. Its too long to post whole thing, so its just the ending of it. The helper guy says thats all you should need anyways.
reika I pm you the files.
That's the launchers log if i'm not mistaken. If the "Dee Arr Emm" uses script to crash your client/ server surely it would produce a crash log then the problem is stated in the first couple lines. That would state pretty clearly what mod caused the crash without a modder being needed to decompile a single jar.

Luckily this events capacity for drama is low, at least if people view it for what it is; A pathetically laughable attempt at shit stirring and an utterly embarrassing instance of shooting ones self in the foot.
Because even though I don't play with BC much anymore if I had a choice between Double Diamonds and BuildCraft, Double diamonds is taking the fall first lol, even if BC actually had draconian DRM. New and shit mods do not have the clout required to pull this dumb shit, the modder in question is just adding reasons to ignore their crappy mod ergo hurting themselves.

Reactions: 1SDAN and YX33A

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
That's the launchers log if i'm not mistaken. If the "Dee Arr Emm" uses script to crash your client/ server surely it would produce a crash log then the problem is stated in the first couple lines. That would state pretty clearly what mod caused the crash without a modder being needed to decompile a single jar.

Luckily this events capacity for drama is low, at least if people view it for what it is; A pathetically laughable attempt at shit stirring and an utterly embarrassing instance of shooting ones self in the foot.
Because even though I don't play with BC much anymore if I had a choice between Double Diamonds and BuildCraft, Double diamonds is taking the fall first lol, even if BC actually had draconian DRM. New and shit mods do not have the clout required to pull this dumb shit, the modder in question is just adding reasons to ignore their crappy mod ergo hurting themselves.
We already figured it out, we need the Forge log, not the crash log.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
We already figured it out, we need the Forge log, not the crash log.
I know that Reika sussed out the code, but that may have been unessesary.
Was I wrong about the crash log being able to figure out the culprit in a more explicit manner?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
System.exit(0); is not a crash, it's a normal program exit.
Hmmk, so crash logs are only produced with specific exit codes (exit code 1 I have seen way too much with my own personal pack lol) and this "DRM" is merely doing the equivalent of pressing the X on your minecraft window?
I was under the false impression that these "DRM" things actually crashed your client.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmk, so crash logs are only produced with specific exit codes (exit code 1 I have seen way too much with my own personal pack lol) and this "DRM" is merely doing the equivalent of pressing the X on your minecraft window?
I was under the false impression that these "DRM" things actually crashed your client.
They can.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmk, so crash logs are only produced with specific exit codes (exit code 1 I have seen way too much with my own personal pack lol)
Crash logs are only produced in the case of crashes. Nothing to do with exit codes, except that crashes usually produce non-zero exit codes. But non-zero exit codes aren't crashes.

and this "DRM" is merely doing the equivalent of pressing the X on your minecraft window?
Yes.

Reactions: YX33A and Azzanine

psp

Jul 29, 2019
so all this was, was a massive waste of time for me, reading through this. NICE!

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
3 Things I want to say:

1. This thread is so full of win, I shat myself... Down and started to think about my life.

2. Your friend is a donkey named Jack. I would love to brand him with the idiot stick.

3. DRM is not always bad. Really, DRM can be anything from the simple password and username combo Mojang uses to something like... This. DRM is often called when someone like EA decides to steamroll it's fans with stupid, but DRM in definition, is anything that controls the use of a program, often used to stop piracy. Nintendo has used DRM with code that makes the game unplayable if it's pirated, so has Mojang with it's password system. But 99% of the time! whenever someone brings up DRM, it's this EA brand nonsense.

I'll leave you with this my fellow webbermen:

Society is smart, peapol r stooped

Reactions: YX33A

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Found it.
http://pastebin.com/rP1dWEWZ

Not only have my suspicions been confirmed, but we can all enjoy the realization that the guy making this mod not only is dumb enough to try this sort of enforcement, but also to think the tag "BuildCraft" is going to catch the various chunks of BuildCraft, which are tagged things like "BuildCraft|Energy" and the like.

I also kind of like how he added almost all my mods at once near the end, presumably in some sort of "OMG this guy has like 10 mods" panic.

Not surprisingly, this moron's other three mods - "Slower Redstone", "Mob Buff", and "Double Diamonds" also contain this code in their preload phase.

@Prodrone
What your admin's friend is doing is incredibly stupid and very much against the rules. Mind feeding them to the dragon?

Okay, that is the most hilariously stupid thing I've read in a long time.

Reactions: YX33A
Status
Not open for further replies.