"[STDOUT] You have some mods with DRM, you must remove these to continue"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodrone

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm playing a modpack based on monster on a server with some other poeople (mostly friends), and today we updated to monster's latest version and updated all of the other mods we added (we didn't remove any).
I'm not the server admin so I dont know exactly what changed, but now the game wont load for anyone, it just starts loading and it stops and closes. Another guy on our server (he's like a computer tech irl, so he knows what hes doing) says this is causing the crash. Imma paste what he said below (he said ok).
Well, looking at the log, it starts loading all of the mods just fine, but then it prints this line and the program exits.
Code:
[INFO][STDOUT] You have some mods with DRM, you must remove these to continue
I'm not sure what's going on here, cause I don't see it actually crashing, just exiting the program, like if you killed the process.
I'm not that great with computers, I dont know what DRM is, is that like RAM but "D", like direct?
Thanks for anyone who helps me, I hope its not some stupid thing and were all derps. :(
Im new here, i made this acct just to post this, so if this is in the wrong place, I'm sorry, please move it.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
What mods did you add? There's a certain two mods that are conflicting and cannot be loaded together, although I don't know which two.

Prodrone

Jul 29, 2019
What mods did you add? There's a certain two mods that are conflicting and cannot be loaded together, although I don't know which two.
I don't think we added any new ones this time, but we did update some. I dont know which sorry. Is their some way I can test?

Prodrone

Jul 29, 2019
No, just what mods have you added period?
Everything in monster by default (I think we might re-enable a couple) for one. Um, mocreatures, gany's mods, millenaire, opencomputers, backtools, sync, flenix cities, that's just the ones I know by seeing in the game. I also see "more crafting recipes" "powered ores" and "strongmob" in the menu list.

Prodrone

Jul 29, 2019
The server admin also says we have a few mods made by a friend of his, nothing big but some nice stuff.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Everything in monster by default (I think we might re-enable a couple) for one. Um, mocreatures, gany's mods, millenaire, opencomputers, backtools, sync, flenix cities, that's just the ones I know by seeing in the game. I also see "more crafting recipes" "powered ores" and "strongmob" in the menu list.
The big ones I notice right off the back are Mo'Creatures and Millionaire, especially the former. Try removing Mo'Creatures and see if that helps, though I don't know what mod would have the guts to crash your game. The mods made by the admin's friend, as well as most of the mods listed, aren't a probably cause.

Even I don't quite understand what DRM is, but I remember that it's some sort of crap that some modders REALLY don't like.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Prodrone

Jul 29, 2019
The big ones I notice right off the back are Mo'Creatures and Millionaire, especially the former. Try removing Mo'Creatures and see if that helps, though I don't know what mod would have the guts to crash your game. The mods made by the admin's friend, as well as most of the mods listed, aren't a probably cause.

Even I don't quite understand what DRM is, but I remember that it's some sort of crap that some modders REALLY don't like.
OK, I tried removeing mocreatures, and it still crashed. Same if I removed millenaire too. I guess imma just remove them one by one. This is gonna take so long. T_T

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
OK, I tried removeing mocreatures, and it still crashed. Same if I removed millenaire too. I guess imma just remove them one by one. This is gonna take so long. T_T

Remove half of your mods (make sure to keep dependencies installed for those that aren't being disabled), launch, and wait for a crash. If nothing happens, enable half of what's disabled, and repeat. Once it crashes, you know it's within that last group of activations, and just start cutting that in half until you find it. Much faster that way.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
You could also try your luck with some kind of file search utility that is able to look inside zip files and can search for text inside binary files. Unfortunately I don't know how java stores strings in class files, so it might not work.

Prodrone

Jul 29, 2019
Remove half of your mods (make sure to keep dependencies installed for those that aren't being disabled), launch, and wait for a crash. If nothing happens, enable half of what's disabled, and repeat. Once it crashes, you know it's within that last group of activations, and just start cutting that in half until you find it. Much faster that way.
Thanks, I tried that and it helped a bit.
I think its more than one mod that's causing it, cause it happens when any of these mods are installed:
  • cavecontrol
  • computercraft
  • dyetrees
  • electricraft
  • enderforest
  • expandedredstone
  • forestry
  • geostrata
  • gregtech
  • meteorcraft
  • minefactoryreloaded
  • railcraft
  • reactorcraft
  • rotarycraft
  • twilightforest
I didn't try removing all of them yet, just going for the ones in monster for now.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Are we seriously having this drama again!? Thanks a lot, unknown mod author.

Edit: The error is because some mod author had a hissyfit and decided to not let Minecraft load if you have any of the mods in the list above installed. Those mods are not the problem; the unknown mod that stops Minecraft loading is.

Edit 2: PM me your modpack and I will look for the problem, because I hate mods that do crap like this and I think they need more bad publicity.

Edit 3: As for what DRM is, mentally replace it with "evilness". A very loaded phrase that mod authors like to throw at each other to cause drama.

Last edited:

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I tried that and it helped a bit.
I think its more than one mod that's causing it, cause it happens when any of these mods are installed:
  • cavecontrol
  • computercraft
  • dyetrees
  • electricraft
  • enderforest
  • expandedredstone
  • forestry
  • geostrata
  • gregtech
  • meteorcraft
  • minefactoryreloaded
  • railcraft
  • reactorcraft
  • rotarycraft
  • twilightforest
I didn't try removing all of them yet, just going for the ones in monster for now.
It's one mod. A lot of those mods would trigger DRM-based nonsense, but none of them are the culprit.

Sadly, what we are looking at is a potential nuclear drama bomb.

Prodrone

Jul 29, 2019
So I googled things like DRM minecraft mod and FTB DRM and I saw pixelmon mod (we don't have, so not doing it). I do see that people keep accusing these guys named greg and rekia and sengir of drm. Is it one of them? I dont know who they are.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
So I googled things like DRM minecraft mod and FTB DRM and I saw pixelmon mod (we don't have, so not doing it). I do see that people keep accusing these guys named greg and rekia and sengir of drm. Is it one of them? I dont know who they are.
The only Google result for "You have some mods with DRM, you must remove these to continue" is this thread. So nobody else has this exact message, and nobody else knows what causes it (except that it's from modders bitch-fighting).

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

GregTech, RotaryCraft (and something like 16 other mods), and Forestry devs, in order. It's not them, I have no problems with their mods on a mostly normal Monster pack.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
At first, I was certain this was a troll post, because who doesn't know about DRM, if for no other reason than the various media industries or the shenanigans that EA was up to.

I have a very foul suspicion about what is going on here, by looking at the mods and recognizing whom the mod authors are. However, since it is a very drama-inducing suspicion with absolutely zero proof, I will keep it to myself for now. I'm sure @immibis can get to the bottom of this, when provided with a mod list.

I will say that I'm surprised Buildcraft didn't also trigger this crash. Hopefully, this points to my suspicion being incorrect.

Prodrone

Jul 29, 2019
At first, I was certain this was a troll post, because who doesn't know about DRM, if for no other reason than the various media industries or the shenanigans that EA was up to.

I have a very foul suspicion about what is going on here, by looking at the mods and recognizing whom the mod authors are. However, since it is a very drama-inducing suspicion with absolutely zero proof, I will keep it to myself for now. I'm sure @immibis can get to the bottom of this, when provided with a mod list.

I will say that I'm surprised Buildcraft didn't also trigger this crash. Hopefully, this points to my suspicion being incorrect.
Its not crashing with buildcraft, but whats your suspicion? I think anything would help right now. Lets also ask those three developers in case they know. @Greg @Reika @Sengir any help?

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Its not crashing with buildcraft, but whats your suspicion? I think anything would help right now. Lets also ask those three developers in case they know. @Greg @Reika @Sengir any help?
PENTAGRAM PROTOCOL INTIATED: REIKA SUMMONING NOW COMMENCING

All jokes aside, honestly they won't be able to help you much if the problem is what I think it is, because the problem's not with their mods.

Reactions: 1SDAN
Status
Not open for further replies.