Squids Are OverPowered

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I found that a sludge build up occasionally freezes my machines until I slap a void pipe on it. Could be coincidence however.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Back on track..

Out of curiosity, what do you do with sludge in the harvesters? void pipe it?
Tbh, you can just leave it in, the grinders will simply stop producing it when they have a tank full of it. 'S what I'm doing atm, but I will boil soon.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Tbh, you can just leave it in, the grinders will simply stop producing it when they have a tank full of it. 'S what I'm doing atm, but I will boil soon.
Thanks, wasn't sure if it caused a prob if the tank was full.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
The range of the poison effect is only 3 blocks. You could just route the sludge under ground and process it there. ... It's nice to have an endless supply of clay. :)

(I'm a Tesseract junkie, that makes it even easier.)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
but tree farms are icky to set up

MFR treefarms are trivial to set up. They also output a lot more power than this.

The simple truth is that MFR makes it very easy to generate lots of power. Even without the boiler, this is a good call. This power loop might need to be nerfed a little bit, I'm I'm pretty certain the jailer nets exist exactly for this reason. The rancher works with a lot of different things.

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
MFR treefarms are trivial to set up. They also output a lot more power than this.

The simple truth is that MFR makes it very easy to generate lots of power. Even without the boiler, this is a good call. This power loop might need to be nerfed a little bit, I'm I'm pretty certain the jailer nets exist exactly for this reason. The rancher works with a lot of different things.
Works for endless milk as well, but biogas engines with milk were nerfed to always need lava. And then mooshrooms give infinite food. And sheep get sheared.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Works for endless milk as well, but biogas engines with milk were nerfed to always need lava. And then mooshrooms give infinite food. And sheep get sheared.

Yeah. Dartcraft engines 2.5x fuel output when throttled with milk, too.

MFR is a pretty strong mod. This is why I tend to turn on the TE recipes.

Fallsteel

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so no matter how I cage my squid, it keeps dying. I have it inside a 3x3x4 cube of glass, and the inside hollow with one water source block on the high point inside the cube. Yet, the squid keep disappearing. Thoughts?

Edit: it doesn't die instantly, it may take 5 minutes, but it always dies.

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so no matter how I cage my squid, it keeps dying. I have it inside a 3x3x4 cube of glass, and the inside hollow with one water source block on the high point inside the cube. Yet, the squid keep disappearing. Thoughts?

Edit: it doesn't die instantly, it may take 5 minutes, but it always dies.
They are not dying, it is despawning, the jailers net helps prevent that

Reactions: Fallsteel

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, wonder if I could ranch ghasts for tears, that would be hysterical.
The closest thing you can do is use heat shears on animals, sadly. At least that's still amusing.
Now I want Power Crystals to add liquid tears, which you can obviously drink while reading discussions.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Behold! The ultimate in squid abusing technology!
FKZ9vir.png

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Any way to make them not despawn in ultimate (1.4.7)?
No Jailer's net thingy there .. ..