Squids Are OverPowered

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Me too.

And fishmen.... Dagon needs more followers and MC needs more awesome bosses and the sea would be a prefect place for one.

Dude, I've totally been reading H.P.'s life time work in the past few months, don't even get me started on Dagon :D.

Reactions: Flipz

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Me too.

And fishmen.... Dagon needs more followers and MC needs more awesome bosses and the sea would be a prefect place for one.

Damn, now I wish there was other marine life in MC.

I've been trying to convince some of my friends to make a mod that adds underwater structures, like bikini bottom, atlantis, etc. I would myself but I don't know java, and it's a pain in the neck to even learn java on a mac, let alone write it frequently.

Fun fact: There are fish entities in Minecraft, they were just never implemented. But the code for them does exist.

Reactions: Flipz

Fallsteel

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I think the squids are a fair source of power at this point, seeing as no matter how you cage them, they die randomly. The random deaths keep it from being a maintenance free power source, making it good for early game but no so much for late game/massive factory power.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
early game swimming gear would go along nice with underwater mobs/structures, also good for getting early clay

inb4 ic2 scuba hat no shut up

I put every one of my mod ideas in 2 google drive folders, one is shared with Tadpole and Vike, the other with a friend who doesn't come on the forums much. In the doc for my underwater stuff mod idea it says "Scuba suit - Works like a Hazmat suit but is capable of breathing underwater near infinitely. Requires all armor slots to work. Air tank goes on chest. Useful for looting underwater worlds."

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I put every one of my mod ideas in 2 google drive folders, one is shared with Tadpole and Vike, the other with a friend who doesn't come on the forums much. In the doc for my underwater stuff mod idea it says "Scuba suit - Works like a Hazmat suit but is capable of breathing underwater near infinitely. Requires all armor slots to work. Air tank goes on chest. Useful for looting underwater worlds."

Also the MPS suit has some under water functions to help with under water adventures.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
So everybody knows, just did a reconstruction of the specifications that the OP said...

It appears that one squid with four ranchers can indeed run a HP boiler with some initial power to get the ranchers going

EDIT: tested on FTB unleashed 1.1.1

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Also the MPS suit has some under water functions to help with under water adventures.

But if you didn't have MPS installed you would run into some oxygen issues. Thats why if the mod were to be made it would come with a scuba suit.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Dude, I've totally been reading H.P.'s life time work in the past few months, don't even get me started on Dagon :D.

Dude.... I help run an lovecraft inspired RP site. I can go on and on about most things Lovecraft.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I think the squids are a fair source of power at this point, seeing as no matter how you cage them, they die randomly. The random deaths keep it from being a maintenance free power source, making it good for early game but no so much for late game/massive factory power.

You can prevent them from suffocating if you make a two deep hole, but only have water sources on the top of the hole, this means the water is flowing downwards, causing it to stay at the bottom of the tank and never surface

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly got nerfed? The biofuel per ink sac?

Biofuel per item.
BioReactor math changes:https://github.com/powercrystals/MineFactoryReloaded/commit/65e6490d46cb57ea412e890ea31929fd477e2c49

According to 30 seconds with excel, this is described by the equation Y=1.6667x3 - 2.5x2 + 0.8333x. Any math nerds in the audience may commence being math nerds.

Used to be
0, 80, 180, 300, 440, 600, 780, 980, 1200, 1440

Now it is

0, 5, 25, 70, 150, 275, 455, 700, 1020, 1425

That's total efficiency, bear in mind you need to divide this by diversity to get how much fuel you get per item. After some basic division:

0, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140, 150, 16
0, 5, 12.5, 23.3, 37.5, 55, 75.8, 100, 127.5, 158.3
This means you need 200 ink sacs per bucket of biofuel. With one inc sac per second, this means you'd make a bucket well after three minutes of work.

Reactions: Fallsteel