Thoughts on MFR

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
The important thing to take away here is: My players are reporting that they really enjoy MFR, and are happy it is in the mod pack. Also that I, both as a player and a mod pack compiler, cannot endorse this mod strongly enough. Heh, that sounds like something at the end of a political ad...

"I am Shneekey, compiler of the ShneekeCraft mod pack, and I approve of this mod."

Totaly.

"I am Saice a Shoop from the internet. I am here to help, and I approve of this mod."

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I am BossRedRanger, and I fully recommend and support this mod.

Shneeky, get back to updating your journal, it's my second favorite thread behind Shoop's!

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't that bit.... too draconic?

How's about a compromise, 40 at 1?

Also, wouldn't that make it very hard to actually get to a higher efficiency because it's impossible to fill in more items before the first one turns to fuel?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
BioReactor math changes: https://github.com/powercrystals/MineFactoryReloaded/commit/65e6490d46cb57ea412e890ea31929fd477e2c49

According to 30 seconds with excel, this is described by the equation Y=1.6667x3 - 2.5x2 + 0.8333x. Any math nerds in the audience may commence being math nerds.
Well, it will certainly encourage people to use multiple different types, which is not a bad thing. Most people will feel that this is a 'nerf', which will placate a portion of the individuals complaining about how 'OP' the Bio Reactor is, and enrage the rest because of the theoretical maximum (largely because they've never actually *tried* to set up a maximum-efficiency setup).

One change I would like to suggest: Find a way to temporarily turn it off so you don't try to add in a bunch of different items, only to have it suck up the whole stack of each one individually because the stack was eaten before the next one could be placed.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You both uh.. know redstone disables it, right? Like, that's been there since day one.

It can interact with BC gates if I recall. So yeah should be able to set it to check when it full then send signal to toggle it on via red net.

To be honest they are so easy to auto fill unless you stock output is really slow there should not be a problem with keeping them stocked with items. Simple MFR Item collector with conveyors will only let 1 stack of something in the 3x3 inventory and 1 in the back log so yeah.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, true, I should be able to hook it up trough open periphs to see if the max diversity was achieved before turning it on.

To be honest I think I will do a more .... Luddite way of doing it. I'll just backlog my plant items until I have at least 2 stacks for each and then dump them in via conveyers.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
MFR is a pretty cool guy. Eh survived being nerfed and doesn't afraid of Greg.

This is a joke referencing PowerCrystals being personally nerfed by Greg.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest I think I will do a more .... Luddite way of doing it. I'll just backlog my plant items until I have at least 2 stacks for each and then dump them in via conveyers.
If it's worth doing, etc. I haven't done anything with CC in ages and wanted to start with OpPe anyway - because glasses.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
If it's worth doing, etc. I haven't done anything with CC in ages and wanted to start with OpPe anyway - because glasses.
Meh, I dunno how to code in Lua, so screw that.
I'll just use logic because that's literally the only way I can make stuff - yeah, that's bullshit, I know, I am unable to code yet I think like a programmer.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Remember that bioreactors are pretty speedy. The lazyman's solution is to hook it up to a slow clock that pulses every once in a while. Stuff piles up for a minute in the inventory, and then bam it converts it all to biofuel at once.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Dudes, dudes, no, really, I WANT to over-engineer it.

I'll hook it to my terminal glasses and give each bioreactor a little blinking animation for when it's kicking on / going off.