Thoughts on MFR

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I really love the mod, and I also really love how responsive PowerCrystal is.
The one thing I am turned off at is RedNet, because it makes everything too easy, like AE. All that power in one block.
I like doing things the old, space consuming, overcomplicated way.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
I find the prices for the machines too low; the planter and harvester means forestrys machines are unnecessary. On the other hand I thought the multifarms where a bit to expensive... Other than that, I love what I've seen so far. The conveyor belts are cool and the machines useful. Haven't tinkered with rednet yet.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I'm a huge fan of Rednet, it is entirely a replacement for RP2's red alloy wire. I don't know if it is a complete replacement for the entire Logic module, though. Granted, the PRC is enormously powerful, probably even ridiculously powerful, but sometimes you just want a single logic gate in an independent area. MFR's Rednet doesn't (currently) have that.

As far as the machines... I love it! Everything is inter-connected, it encourages large but still simple builds. Having nine different small farms for different resources to keep a bio reactor going. Having animal farms for the sewage to be processed into fertilizer. It all fits together seamlessly.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I'm considering using it for farms in my next world. Should I do it, if I do is it possible to farm IC2 rubber trees rather than the MFR rubber trees? I would use Forestry for farms but I absolutely HATE the multi-farms, and wish Arboretums were still how you farmed. Also, anyone got any tips for pig farming, tree farming, and other tips for MFR. This mod looks awesome and I would love to use it. Does it add any world gen?

Reactions: Chocorate

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
It's one of my top 2 favorite mods, along with Tinker's Construct. It has a wide variety of features, rather than just a few uses and a ton of upgrades. It assists us in making cool contraptions and farms, rather than providing a goal for us to overcome. It's useful and fun, not our enemy and stress. When I think of making something creative and simple, my mind first goes to MFR. It's nice, clean, defined, and easy to understand. It gives me that "Minecraft is digital Lego" feel, which ultimately leads to a sense of accomplishment from designing something cool.

People might call it OP. People might say it makes the game too easy. If you like grinding and objectives, play an MMO maybe. I'm not too sure what the rest of you think, but I believe it's better to have something nice and stress-free, than a hindrance to creativity and learning. My only suggestion for MFR would be the TE interface if Lemming releases the API or something (not sure how that works).

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
There's an app for that. Wireless redstone.
Yes yes, but I can't imagine using wireless for EVERY redstone connection I want to make. That would be just silly.

So build it into the ground? They work with BC Facades Immibis microblocks...
True enough, but that still uses up a full block, which is what I was getting at.

Don't get me wrong with that comment, I think MFR rednet is amazing. I just wanted to point out one small feature that I miss from RP2 - minor though it may seem. I would give up that and much much more to have a solid alternative to frames in 1.5 though... perhaps MFR can come to the rescue again? :p

Reactions: Chocorate

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Don't get me wrong with that comment, I think MFR rednet is amazing. I just wanted to point out one small feature that I miss from RP2 - minor though it may seem. I would give up that and much much more to have a solid alternative to frames in 1.5 though... perhaps MFR can come to the rescue again? :p

If not MFR, I could see Computercraft or something of it, doing it. Perhaps a feature where you can stick blocks to turtles and they can carry it with them? And stick to each other as well?