Soul Shard mod and Equivelant exchange OP together?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Is Equivelant exchange OP when combined with the Soul Shards Mod?

• Total voters

Warpig

Jul 29, 2019
So today I made a relatively inexpensive way to get diamonds by just having a tier five zombie pigman shard and minimum shard and this farm produces approximately 1 diamond every 2-6 minutes so therefore I essentially have unlimited diamonds as well as gold, iron, and even dragon eggs. So my question is do you think these two mods together are OP?

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Both EE and SS alone give you an order of magnitude faster methods of material acquisition than any other mod in the packs. Their combination can only be faster. Whether you call that overpowered depends on your definition of the word - as nearly everybody on these forums has a different idea of what it means.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I like the current EE transmutation work. If he (Pahimar) never did anything else with it, I'd be sad but, still it'd be cool.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well, personally I think it's fine. Powerful, yes, but at least worth looking into. But without a Philosopher's Stone, you'll need to stop sooner or later. Likely long after you've made a wicked profit, mind you, but still, you will have to build a new stone.(unless one can repair the stone with Minum Shards, which would make sense to me, in which case you would just need to stop and repair every now and then)

Combining Soul Shards with EE3 just shows to me how powerful Soul Shards is. Heck, even without EE3 in there, you're getting a whack ton of gold. You'll have a Pimp's wet dream house in no time. The issue to me is that Soul Shards allows for infinite resources without much effort.

...Also you can only make Dragon Eggs with Xeno's Reliquary. Just a tip.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Have you seen Saice's pimp's space ship?
Whole thing made of gold blocks. Zombie Pigmen FTW!

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to look at it as overpowered, soul shards alone is OP.
Just don't use it that way.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Option that you forgot is to move back onto topic without starting a flame war / opinion war.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I literally almost said "Stop backseat modding" then saw you were a mod.

Ontopic: you can make copper from iron via thaumcraft. Also lead, etc. = SS tier 5 Pigmen, (Or a tree farm.) TC2 and EE3 and yeah. Everything ever. ALL THE THINGS

Reactions: Lawbroken

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I literally almost said "Stop backseat modding" then saw you were a mod.

Ontopic: you can make copper from iron via thaumcraft. Also lead, etc. = SS tier 5 Pigmen, (Or a tree farm.) TC2 and EE3 and yeah. Everything ever. ALL THE THINGS
And Tin/Silver. Add Thaumic Bees and I think you can make diamonds/emeralds. But Thaumcraft is awesome.
...I need to get playing Minecraft again and not just reading the forums...

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I see both of them somewhat OP in and of themselves, but so are many of the mods once you get far enough established. Right now, I'm strongly considering creating a minimum stone to make some ender pearls because I've had a hard time finding endermen. Instead, I'm moving into other areas of my base that need work until I can get the materials. (I've spent the last week just working on the farms.) If you get into bees at all, after you get industrious and imperial, you will eventually be able to make alvearies. These are also OP compared to the normal apiaries which require frames and regular maintenance, but just by investing enough time on bees, you can't help but make and automate an alveary or two. Once there, there is no practical limit on the number you can make. Instead of seeing this as OP however, I look at it as a way to free up your time to develop in other areas of the game. It all depends on what your goal is.

So no, I don't consider these as OP or as an exploit since these are using normal mod mechanics. As long as you are putting in the kills required to get the pig zombie shard, I see no reason you shouldn't use it to its fullest advantage. It just frees up your time in minecraft to work on other projects. If this mod interaction is seen as an exploit by the mod author, steps will be taken by the mod author to negate the advantage. (i.e. lava or scrap burning in solid fueled boilers as a way of infinite self-sustainable power.) The other part of EE3 to remember is that the current minimum stone recipe is temporary. In future versions of the mod, you are supposed to make a minimum stone using red water, but red water is supposed to have devastating effects on you and the environment, so I think this will get balanced out in the end.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
And Tin/Silver. Add Thaumic Bees and I think you can make diamonds/emeralds. But Thaumcraft is awesome.
...I need to get playing Minecraft again and not just reading the forums...
I got some stuff mixed up again, it's not Thaumic Bees which lets me craft diamonds and emeralds but Thaumcraft Expansion. Such a small mod, I keep forgetting it exists.