Soul Shard mod and Equivelant exchange OP together?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Is Equivelant exchange OP when combined with the Soul Shards Mod?

• Total voters

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I know a way to get unlimited diamonds via mining. Mining is OP.[DOUBLEPOST=1363812468][/DOUBLEPOST]

It would help if these opinions were informed or substantiated in any way. The opening post: "this seems weird and I do not like weird things." Like remember the time someone said, "EE3 lets you have a block of obsidian for 2 unplanked wood! Thats SO OP! You can go to the nether before you find diamonds!" And then we all groaned and clutched at our face and lamented the fact that humanity is doomed for reasons outlined in Idiocracy?
Can I double like this?No triple like, no quad-; well you get it.

Getting Soul Stealer on a Nanosaber is impossible now. You can only put it on a vile sword.
There are a couple ways to do this but the most popular is the uncrafting table. Personally I use Enchanting Plus with enchant restrictions turned off.

Reactions: YX33A

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
Can I double like this?No triple like, no quad-; well you get it.

There are a couple ways to do this but the most popular is the uncrafting table. Personally I use Enchanting Plus with enchant restrictions turned off.
I tried it with an uncrafting table and I can't get it to work. What are the other possible methods to enchant the nanosaber?

mrkite

Jul 29, 2019
There are a couple ways to do this but the most popular is the uncrafting table.

Not since Twilight Forest 1.15.4, which is in *all* the packs now.

From the changelog: "While recrafting at the the uncrafting table, check to see if each enchantment can be applied to the resulting item before transferring it"

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
My biggest problem is not what the OP mentioned but thaumcraft mixed with EE3 is broken. Blaze powder in desert? ender pearls for a few iron? You can basically get to the end in literally an hour. Granted you would die but it shouldnt be THAT easy...
I understand why people don't like it (progression) but I do feel that it gives a good option to people who prefer to play on peaceful and still get their stuff.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I understand why people don't like it (progression) but I do feel that it gives a good option to people who prefer to play on peaceful and still get their stuff.
Bingo. I play on peaceful usually and while I rarely have need for a blaze rod, hohrey sheet, playing on peaceful sucks for so many builds. Without EE3, I would likely never get enough ender pearls to craft even one pair of tesseracts without using NEI to just give me them.
...Personally I'm planing on setting up a liquid duplicator on lava once I build two liquid tesseracts, a pump, and two energy tesseracts. Same thing, but less laggy.
I still plan on gathering all my oil the old fashioned way, though. Except instead of searching for countless oil spouts I'm just going to write a oil age. Single biome Ocean, and all water is oil.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Bingo. I play on peaceful usually and while I rarely have need for a blaze rod, hohrey sheet, playing on peaceful sucks for so many builds. Without EE3, I would likely never get enough ender pearls to craft even one pair of tesseracts without using NEI to just give me them.
Exactly what I'm trying to point out. There's many times in situations regarding "balance" where mob drops are involved. Mob drops and "difficulty" and combat don't transfer over to automation and production. This is why some mods' items such as tesseracts and portal guns (Yes, I understand that using ender- things represents magic or whatever, like being able to transport things in ender chests. That makes sense and I like the theme there.) really depend on EE and alternate production of the items needed. I mean, unless the item directly affects mob combat, it really doesn't seem that great to have it require something gained from combat. And as far as I can tell, transporting items and materials doesn't really involve combat. Some sort of ender-sword (Sadly, that's probably a mod :rolleyes:) would be okay. We don't need those in peaceful mode.

And before someone points out, "oh, stop playing peaceful mode and play FTB how it's meant to be, your such a noob lol" Take a step back and think about how integral this horrible AI is to automation, building, and progression. Thanks.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
The only mods with real progression are Forestry and Gregtech, anyways. Everyone else doesn't have it, or the curve is so flat as to resemble a speed bump.

mrkite

Jul 29, 2019
The only mods with real progression are Forestry and Gregtech, anyways. Everyone else doesn't have it, or the curve is so flat as to resemble a speed bump.

Oh please. Greg lies awake at night wishing his mod had the progression that Thaumcraft has.

Reactions: Bagman817

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I've been able to get to the nether without diamonds for years: buckets are OP!!!
In fact, you could potentially go to the nether without even a piece of iron.

All you need is a lava pool that is deep enough, gravel, wood/wool, and enough patience to route water to the correct spot.

Ok, it's way, way harder, and you should find Iron when trying to achieve that, but it's still possible.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
In fact, you could potentially go to the nether without even a piece of iron.

All you need is a lava pool that is deep enough, gravel, wood/wool, and enough patience to route water to the correct spot.

Ok, it's way, way harder, and you should find Iron when trying to achieve that, but it's still possible.

You can get to the nether, and the end, without using the 3x3 crafting grid at all. Villages often have obsidian in chests, and you can usually find buckets around as well.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
You can get to the nether, and the end, without using the 3x3 crafting grid at all. Villages often have obsidian in chests, and you can usually find buckets around as well.
We ought to start some sort of challenge map with Gregtech and other crap

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
We ought to start some sort of challenge map with Gregtech and other crap

No need for that, just forgo ever using the 3x3 crafting grid on any world, and you'll end up being locked out of most things from most all mods. A few might make life a bit easier, such as ones that add anything to the 2x2 crafting grid, but you're still going to end up creeper mining and living of the first village's farms that you find.

Good times all around, heh heh.