[Solved!] NEI crashing with the U Key

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
You know what ... f*ck it I don't care. I'll live with not every using the U function.

Enabling addons one by one is destroying my will to live and I'll soon hang myself in the mouse wire.
you cant hang yourself with wireless mouse remmember!!!! :D

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I don't like wireless mice.

They tend to run out of batteries in the middle of a WoW Raid.

Reactions: Vasa

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
One thing you might try if you aren't using Modular Power Suits is making sure Numina is not also still installed. It has (for me) had bad interactions with other NEI-related functions when I would think it shouldn't. I mean, no MPS, why would Numina be doing anything?

But at least for me, that's where I tracked down the odd NEI crashes to.

Reactions: Padfoote

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I'll try removing Numina and see what happens, just to know what's causing it - cause I do want MPS after all.

Or I could compare the DW20 and Monster packs and see what DW20 has that Monster does not - as Rotarycraft and NEI (and Numina for that matter) are all in Monster and they co-exist happily.

Update: Nope! With Numina, MPS and all its dependencies removed, still crashes.

I give up at this stage, and I'll learn to live with it, unless someone wants to investigate further.

Last edited:

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
*breaks down and cries like a little girl*

Surely someone has experienced this!!!

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I have, but I can't recall how I fixed it. Usually when NEI starts messing up I make a new instance and carry on.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
And now you understand just a little bit of what I deal with EVERYDAY.
You can say that again!

Care for providing a little insight? :p

In a nutshell so you don't have to go through all the thread:

Freshly installed DW20 + rotarycraft = NEI crash when the U function is used on anything.

but...

Removing all mods except NEI and Rotarycraft, it works - so there must be some funny mod interaction going on.

Tried it on 3 different PC's, so it's definitely not my installation.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I'm pretty sure minecraft is trolling me now ....

mSl3Cjh.png

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Ive had the same issue as you, except i have had it on the Direwolf20 pack. without having added anything to it. the crashes have been really random too, sometimes crashing every time, other times working just fine after reinstalling the pack, then after some time starting to crash again. Haven't encountered this issue in monster yet tho. using the default install of monster btw. none of the optionals installed...

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I'm pretty sure minecraft is trolling me now ....

You can say that again!

Care for providing a little insight? :p

In a nutshell so you don't have to go through all the thread:

Freshly installed DW20 + rotarycraft = NEI crash when the U function is used on anything.

but...

Removing all mods except NEI and Rotarycraft, it works - so there must be some funny mod interaction going on.

Tried it on 3 different PC's, so it's definitely not my installation.
Try what I suggested.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't want to enable 1 mod at a time, do batches. It's how I resolve my issues. A popular tactic over in the Elder Scrolls Community is the 50/50 approach(or binary approach, or some variant naming).
Enable half of your mods and disable the other half. If this solves the issue, enable half of the issue mods and leave half disabled. Repeat until you find the correct mod.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
If you don't want to enable 1 mod at a time, do batches. It's how I resolve my issues. A popular tactic over in the Elder Scrolls Community is the 50/50 approach(or binary approach, or some variant naming).
Enable half of your mods and disable the other half. If this solves the issue, enable half of the issue mods and leave half disabled. Repeat until you find the correct mod.
Genius!

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Ladies and Gentlemen ...

We have a winner!

The culprit to all this grief and tears is none other than ... *drumroll*

qCraft!

Used the 50/50 elimination method @YX33A suggested, and managed to isolate it in 15 mins.
Works perfectly with every mod. If I enable qCraft, everything goes to hell with the U function.

In conclusion ... NEI + RotaryCraft + qCraft = bad.

I'm removing it. I always thought qCraft was useless anyways (always being my personal opinion).

Reactions: Vasa

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Ladies and Gentlemen ...

We have a winner!

The culprit to all this grief and tears is none other than ... *drumroll*

qCraft!

Used the 50/50 elimination method @YX33A suggested, and managed to isolate it in 15 mins.
Works perfectly with every mod. If I enable qCraft, everything goes to hell with the U function.

In conclusion ... NEI + RotaryCraft + qCraft = bad.

I'm removing it. I always thought qCraft was useless anyways (always being my personal opinion).
qCraft has some other issues with RC, too; people have been reporting it+RC deleting all magma crucible recipes, for example.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
So glad I solved it.

I just installed Mekanism and it's my first time trying it, so the U function in NEI is a must to figure out some things.

I don't need qCraft in any case, so everything is as smooth as butter now :D

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and moral support haha <3