Solid Boilers after 1.5.1. Wood source?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
I just use UNOBTANIUM's Ultimate Wood Chopper program. It works wonders. It really, really does. Extremely cheap too. And since you like turtles, why not? :D

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it will be too much of a big deal as it stands now with the setup I have the current speed is way to much and creates a huge overflow of product.
If I have to Ill just build 2 carts... And worry about fixing the Wood Cutter when the time arrives.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
The best setup for a MFR treefarm you use fertilizer with is 1x1. A 3x3 with 8 blocks not having dirt. You can expand the farm to 5x5 and only use the corners, but the harvester will not be able to keep up

But wait! Steves carts were changed. Now they require maintenance in the form of materials given to them to repair. Output still nerfed, but not the 55% it was. Or you can use the one you build with diamond blocks. It doesn't require maintenance....until the entire cart just disappears for no reason

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing about tree farms is that if you make them 100% dense, trees will kill or overlap each other's leaves. Mash's example picture is actually a farm with significantly reduced output.

This is why I added a second harvester. I'm fairly sure that it actually does double, or at least increases the speed at which the leaves are trimmed, leaving less room for reduced output.

But, yeah. The trees do cut into each other occasionally. The reason this isn't a problem for me is because usually the trees are mostly groomed by the time a new ones actually grows. While I may have reduced output compared to several smaller tree farms that are spread out, it's not really that big of a deal.

Especially when I haven't even started using the wood, yet.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I was just wondering, do you think boilers were nerfed because they were OP, or just because so many people were using them? I'd say (in my SSP world at least) they're hardly worth the effort tbh. The one time I actually built one, I just powered it with wither skellies.

While I disapprove of nerfs in general, if someone nerfed every power source in FtB apart from nuclear reactors I would be very happy :)

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I was just wondering, do you think boilers were nerfed because they were OP, or just because so many people were using them? I'd say (in my SSP world at least) they're hardly worth the effort tbh. The one time I actually built one, I just powered it with wither skellies.

While I disapprove of nerfs in general, if someone nerfed every power source in FtB apart from nuclear reactors I would be very happy :)

It's arguable that they were slightly OP in terms of solid fuel, I suppose.

But, you can make an argument like that about anything, really. I don't think it justifies a nerf unless it's explicitly an exploit. Nothing about dry boilers suggests anything like a power loop or anything, so I don't know what the big deal is.

It's his mod, though. Not every balance may be done with FTB or other mods in mind.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of nerfing everything, they should buff Nuclear Reactors... Meh.

Or FTB can start using Atomic Science nuclear reactors. They're super-cool multi-block structures that actually embrace the idea of infinite minecraft water rather than pretending it's not a part of the game. We totally need that in ultimate. Now that Railcraft has a 1.5.1 beta, UE's Atomic Science is a universal power system via Railcraft steam turbines (which can produce EU or UE).

And gregtech machines actually natively consume UE electricity now. I had it working last night, and it's neat! And most UE & Mekanism machines happily accept IC2 power if they're provided. The only difference really is how energy gets distributed across the network and how it's represented.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
I tried UE stuff in UE pack... I don't know, It's nice, but... There is no that much content as in Ultimate or DW20. And RailCraft boilers are... not good without at least BuildCraft (ideally TE). And I've got used to AE now... And forestry... ARGH! So much stuff!

Maybe adding UE to Ultimate is a good idea, but there are other issue - One. More. Power. Network. We already have BC, IC, RP, Factorization, XyCraft (will have it's own power)

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Heating potential for solid fuel has gone down. To the best of my knowledge, liquid fueled has not. (Other than Creosote getting pimped to the point of still being useless)
The quote you used after this is from the changelog for v6.11.0.0 from december 2012. So nothing changes. Or is there somewhere a changelog for the 1.5.1 RC release to be found? At least not on railcraft.info or its wiki.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Also, UE was buggy. And I hate those transformers. Transformers should MULTIPLY and DIVIDE voltage, not ADD and SUBTRACT it.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I tried UE stuff in UE pack... I don't know, It's nice, but... There is no that much content as in Ultimate or DW20. And RailCraft boilers are... not good without at least BuildCraft (ideally TE). And I've got used to AE now... And forestry... ARGH! So much stuff!

Maybe adding UE to Ultimate is a good idea, but there are other issue - One. More. Power. Network. We already have BC, IC, RP, Factorization, XyCraft (will have it's own power)

This, I suspect, is where the reasoning for power converters came from.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

Ars has one too. But what's cool about UE+Mekanism is that Mekanism batteries output power of whatever type of network they're connected to (excepting factorization, but the author has said he wants to support that too). It's like a more expensive version of power converters that doesn't need to have loops because it's all normalized internally.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Ars has one too. But what's cool about UE+Mekanism is that Mekanism batteries output power of whatever type of network they're connected to (excepting factorization, but the author has said he wants to support that too). It's like a more expensive version of power converters that doesn't need to have loops because it's all normalized internally.

That's actually pretty nice.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
The quote you used after this is from the changelog for v6.11.0.0 from december 2012. So nothing changes. Or is there somewhere a changelog for the 1.5.1 RC release to be found? At least not on railcraft.info or its wiki.

Oh hey, guess I shouldn't just keyword search.

6.17.0.30:
NEW: Full changelog now included in jar.
NEW: Added Iron, Gold, and Diamond walls.

6.17.0.25:
FIX: Fixed Energy Cart item textures.

6.17.0.24:
INFO: Updated IC2 API again, soft requirement of 1.115.304+.
NEW: Added help tab to Routing Table.

6.17.0.23:
FIX: Fixed Energy Cart datawatcher IDs.

6.17.0.22:
INFO: Updated IC2 API again, soft requirement of 1.115.301+.
NEW: Various improvements to the Routing Table and added a recipe to copy them.

6.17.0.21:
FIX: Fixed Server calling client code in ModuleRouting.

6.17.0.20 (broken):
NEW: Added Routing Table. Will not probably not be in the release, but you can play with it for now. ;)
FIX: Fixed an issue with the Rock Crusher pattern.
FIX: Fixed crash in IC2 Module.

6.17.0.19 (broken):
INFO: Updated IC2 API again.
CHANGE: Steam Locomotive Water Tank capacity increased to 6 buckets.
FIX: Fixed Energy Cart setup.
FIX: Fixed possible condition under which the Anchor Cart would load chunks in the wrong order and possibly get stuck.

6.17.0.18:
CHANGE: Adjusted Activator Rail name/recipe to match the other Tracks.

6.17.0.17:
INFO: Updated IC2 API.
CHANGE: Removed IC2/BC Wrench rotation support from all blocks, added Forge Rotation API support.
CHANGE: Removed IC2 Painter API support, added Forge Recolour API support.
FIX: Get Forestry/Buildcraft liquids from the Liquid Dictionary.
FIX: InventoryManipulator actually chooses the correct Manipulator type now (fixes issues with pretty much all inventory interactions involving ISpecialInventory).
FIX: Fixed a odd Inventory Util bug that was resulting in strange behavior when moving items.

6.17.0.16:
FIX: Fixed more BlockRail casts in the Tunnel Bore.
FIX: Fixed BlockRail casts in the Elevator Track.
FIX: Fixed Liquid Loader renderer.

6.17.0.15 (broken):
FIX: TNT loops should be fixed for sure now.
FIX: Fixed crash on placing Priming Track.
FIX: "Fixed" vanilla dispensers and carts.
FIX: Fixed crash on filling Tank Carts with Liquid Loaders.
FIX: Fixed new Tank Cart capacity defaults.
FIX: Fixed issues with inventory utilities not inserting items into output slots, mostly.

6.17.0.14:
FIX: Attempted to fix potential infinite loop when TNT carts explode.
FIX: Calling client method in fuel lookup.

6.17.0.13:
FIX: Fixed Stair lighting bug.
API: Added TagList, a collection of ItemStack tags.

6.17.0.12:
NEW: Added Analog variable power output state to the Item Detector.
FIX: Bores no longer crash when placed on tracks other than the basic vanilla Track.
FIX: Dedicated Server starts now.

6.17.0.11:
WARNING: May eat worlds.
INFO: Updated to 1.5.1
WARNING: Any BatBox, MFE, or MFSU Carts not in item form will disappear from your world!
NEW: Added Analog variable power output state to the Tank Detector.
NEW: Added Quartz Walls. Used another Block ID.
NEW: Added Stairs for various blocks. Used another Block ID.
CHANGE: Wooded Rails are now crafted at the work bench. No Rolling Machine required. Shapeless Recipe: Tie + Iron = 6 Rails.
CHANGE: Creosote Oil fuel value in Boilers increased by 50%. 3200 -> 4800
CHANGE: Tank Cart default capacity increased to 32 buckets.
CHANGE: Chest Carts can no longer move any liquid container with max stack size greater than 1. Config option.
CHANGE: Texture files reworked for new texture system.
CHANGE: Increased Anchor-Sentinel pairing distance, can now load 25 chunks total. Fuel usage adjusted accordingly.
FIX: Fixed another infinite loop in the Anchor Cart inventory code.
FIX: Pick Item now works in all RC GUIs.
API: Massive changes including a namespace change.
API: Removed ItemRegistry in favor of FML's built-in ItemStack Registry in GameRegistry.

No mention of the change is present. Guess you'll just have to take my word for it. Or download the railcraft package yourself.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Could you just tell what is new heat value for wooden planks? Actually, if he didn't change the value for charcoal, it's not that bad...[DOUBLEPOST=1366913578][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well, As I said it was a bit buggy when I tested it. And, again, transformers >_<
However, AtomicSciense stuff is really nice...