Solid Boilers after 1.5.1. Wood source?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard some sort of IC2 scrap/fertilizer recipe + bonemeal = infinite fertilizer where you can reuse the IC2 part infinitely and only need to keep adding bonemeal.

fert + 2 scrap = 2 fert

And otherwise a cow/pig/chicken/sheep farm with an MFR Sewer should also produce all the fertilizer you could ever want. And in 1.5 you can always make a Skeleton grinder and use the bonemeal in good'ol Dispensers to grow trees as well, so whatever you go for I think it will never be hard to grow trees faster than a Harvester (SC, MFR, Forestry, it doesn't matter) can harvest them.

I have a tree farm with Copper upgrades and a bit of Xycraft Soil (so it's not a solid block of trees) and it produces plenty of saplings and wood (from regular Oak trees) to keep itself running, produce biofuel and charge up a Redstone Energy Cell (which is hooked up to my ore processing as well). I'm sure if I made the entire area Xycraft Soil (1 block deep) and actually use the wood to generate power it would produce way more power then I need, even after the nerfs to Biomass/Biofuel.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 Fertilizer:
fert + 2 scrap = 2 fert. Now make sure to only use one of the ferts in your MFR Fertilizer and to cycle the other back to the crafting table. Scrap can be produced by recycling some of the logs/planks of your tree farm.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not antifun :p Now you can keep on doing it if you want, not forcing you to stop. But meh, might bug some people more seriously.
I'll think about it. Actually I already decided to stop it if somepony on the forums say he doesn't like it - like it was on MC or CC forums.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, awesome, guys! So many options! Thank you!
So, I think I will use MFR either with RedWood trees or IC2 fertilizer produced with AE system, recyclers and fabricator!

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft solid boilers have been nerfed. So put that in your pipe. Greg's fault!

Also, IC2 fertilizer is as simple as fertilizer+bonemeal=2 fertilizer. Get that first one with scrap+bonemeal.

Finally, there are secret clubs in SF where MLP watchers are forced to fight to the death while normal people smoke hashish and bet on the outcome.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Can you explain it? Nerfed how?

Two wood enter, one heat difference emerges.

Hrm. Guess that's always true.

Heating potential for solid fuel has gone down. To the best of my knowledge, liquid fueled has not. (Other than Creosote getting pimped to the point of still being useless)

CHANGE: Doubled base Boiler fuel usage (3.2 -> 6.4), increased efficiency bonus per tank to 0.08, doubled liquid fuel values. Basically a nerf to solid fuel. (experimental)

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
No-o-o! I just thought yo said that it actually doesn't bug you. So, OK, I'll stop.
He actually said that - and tbh, I always found it to be a remarkable twist to your postings. I doubt you'll be officially warned by someone from the boardteam, just because a single member dislikes it. If that was the case, there'd be a whole ton more warnings and bans flying around left and right, considering the not so "PG" writing some people use in here.

OnTopic: Anybody has some calculations concerning the 'new' yield from a regular SC farm?

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
None, actually, because apparently the heat level for wood is going to be nerfed. Fun for everyone!

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
That's just stupid. Nerfing boilers. It seems like Covert Jaguar doesn't want his stuff to be used. Turbine is expensive and has low output. Solid boilers were good, because there are no good BC solid-burners, so Covert decided to bring them down to the level of Stirling Engines...[DOUBLEPOST=1366899529][/DOUBLEPOST]I think Greg has bitten Covert and Covert became a nerfpire as Greg...

Reactions: Greyed

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I'd take this as a sign I should be running liquid-fueled boilers off of a handful of bees.

Also an incentive to try some multi-cart builds. If the basic cutter cuts slow maybe instead of one track I put 3 tracks down. Middle track cutter/planter cart, inner/outer tracks cutter carts. Sounds fun.

Like most nerfs in the name of balance they're easily overcome by just doing more of whatever was nerfed.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
I already need a lot of boilers, because I use those silly Steam turbines which suck, but I like them.

Meh. If I'll be able to set an MFR farm like Mash did, maybe I'll be OK with that nerf...

Basic cutter doesn't cut slow. It loses tons of wood while cutting. Some turns into things that can be crafted into two sticks and some - into things that can be crafted into two planks. And some wood is just destroyed (about 40% I believe)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Foretry Multifarms are meh

If Sengir made them use less power they'd be better.

as for MFR, same thing.

No way! MFR farms are exceptionally good, work with nearly every crop imaginable, harvest very quickly, and produce output as if a player harvested. If you want to make a lot of fertilizer for them (via whatever means works for you, infinite industrial fertilizer is not hard), then they're really REALLY good. You will definitely be able to use them as fuel sources for boilers, although you may actually have to start doing charcoal conversion to make it work.

The only thing about tree farms is that if you make them 100% dense, trees will kill or overlap each other's leaves. Mash's example picture is actually a farm with significantly reduced output.

P.S., I think the random inclusions of "pony" aren't annoying, they're just... like a sad deflated balloon. You know they brought someone joy but that was a long, long time ago.