So rumors are GregT is now an IC2 dev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
but I will not take the risk that you are wrong.
???

I find it amusing that you seem to think that you can offer a guarantee on someone else's actions. You may believe what you wish, but I will not take the risk that you are wrong.

As I stated previously when Greg squared off against mDyio... I'm simply not going to use any mod GregoriousT starts tinkering around with. Now that includes IC2. So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Greg isn't allowed to do that, since it isn't his mod. (By that I mean he is just bug fixing) But Greg did what he did to GT because it was his mod, and I think Greg knows what he is allowed and not allowed to do, and what he is there to do.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Take a large battery, charge it all the way, and then release it into your PC. Things will fry. Things will short circuit. Things will break.

Making things explode is a bit... far, though.
Yeah, of course. You can't just apply too much energy to something that can't take it. Of course things will break.
My point was it wouldn't explode.

Edit is derping out, guess i'll just hope for a post merge...

Anyway, maybe i should be quiet in this talk about voltages, i thought i had a good grasp over electrical stuffs and how machines use/accept it, but reading this over... I'm rethinking that ._.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you! :)

Yeah, that changelog is pretty unreadable. Trying to divine changes from that is like trying to decide how good a cake tastes by reading the recipe.

It seems pretty readable to me. It's quite a bit easier to follow than combing through github commits. Which part was unclear or is it just Thunderdark's typos that are throwing ya?

Thus far this is what I get:
Player is building a new energy net. Hopefully this will address complaints about IC2's spammy energy net.

Thunderdark is adding new ore processing, working with player on changing UU matter, and updating player interaction with the mod (GUIs, control modes). I predict people will cry the most about the UU matter changes. The GUI/control modes could only really be an improvement as IC2 was fairly bottom rung at this by now.

GregoriousT added an API to the mining laser (for awesome stuff), fixed a lot of issues with using the ore dictionary/recipes/typos and made the mod work better with Forge. His focus here seems to make sure the mod is compatible with other mods (forge, his own, etc) and works as intended. The mining laser api looks very promising for people running public servers that generally have to use very hacky solutions to deal with grief prevention in addition to having distinct possibilities for reflected laser minigames.

Reactions: jokermatt999

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Greg isn't allowed to do that, since it isn't his mod. (By that I mean he is just bug fixing) But Greg did what he did to GT because it was his mod, and I think Greg knows what he is allowed and not allowed to do, and what he is there to do.
What is or is not 'allowed' and what is or is not capable of happening are two different things.

You have an opinion. This opinion is that GregT is going to 'behave himself'. I do not share it. Or rather, I cannot risk that your opinion is incorrect.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Could you stop giving merit to the idea that GregT's designs in any way reflect realism? It's starting to get really old.

I'm not. He tries to simulate realism and does so very badly. Like I said before, he's an good programmer, okay-ish software engineer and a bad gamedesigner.

Reactions: Loufmier

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Dee_Twenty said:
Hrm, does anyone recall precisely how mDiyo and Greg worded it when they said their respective mods are not to be included in the same modpacks? Because this could be an issue if mDiyo said something to the effect of any of Greg's mods rather than Gregtech specifically, since this would mean that any versions of IC2 from this point on could technically be considered one of Greg's mods.

So that is true? can't have tinker's construct along with gregtech?

Tinker's construct is my favorite mod from now on, even though a few seconds ago I didn't like it that much.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Chill.

It is my understanding that GT actually does auto-update nowadays, though I could be wrong. As such, just including it can potentially move on to cause further problems. Shneeky has a modpack to consider as well. That means he has to plan around potential instability and modder track records (updates AND behavior) to best support the userbase his pack has gained. Granted, Greg is unlikely to have any allowance to implement something like the GT crash code, which I might point out has not been cleared as removed by neutral third parties, thus leaving the potential for it to STILL happen down the road under given alignment of circumstances. It is something I have never heard of in all my gaming experience that a mod would crash a game because another mod did the same thing to it, change another mod. This is however, just to help clarify and balance. There is another thread for this discussion where far more has been said and reasoning stated. Let's just let it go. ;)

By current indications, Greg is doing good backend work and moving the code up to par with the current state of modded MC. That is only a good thing. :)

Reactions: jokermatt999

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
Chill.

It is my understanding that GT actually does auto-update nowadays, though I could be wrong. As such, just including it can potentially move on to cause further problems. Shneeky has a modpack to consider as well. That means he has to plan around potential instability and modder track records (updates AND behavior) to best support the userbase his pack has gained. Granted, Greg is unlikely to have any allowance to implement something like the GT crash code, which I might point out has not been cleared as removed by neutral third parties, thus leaving the potential for it to STILL happen down the road under given alignment of circumstances. It is something I have never heard of in all my gaming experience that a mod would crash a game because another mod did the same thing to it, change another mod. This is however, just to help clarify and balance. There is another thread for this discussion where far more has been said and reasoning stated. Let's just let it go. ;)

By current indications, Greg is doing good backend work and moving the code up to par with the current state of modded MC. That is only a good thing. :)

It doesnt auto-update. never has.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm, guys, did anyone forget that now IC2 may be considered a GregT mod and thus it won't be able to be put in the same modpack as TiC and Natura?
Honestly, that scares the shit out of me.

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm, guys, did anyone forget that now IC2 may be considered a GregT mod and thus it won't be able to be put in the same modpack as TiC and Natura?

Dunno, depends on the amount of butthurt mDiyo has.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019

No. It isn't. It was made by alblaka and it's being maintained by player, richardG, and whoever else. Just because Greg is on the team doesn't mean that it's now his mod.

TC even has IC2 integration. It would break everyone's saves if he removed support for IC2.

Reactions: BanzaiBlitz

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Dunno, depends on the amount of butthurt mDiyo has.
It also depends of how much of an arse he thinks Greg is, on a scale to "PC Elitist" to "Southern Racist" to "Gay Russian Neo-Nazi".
And yes, the last one actually exists, and my reaction to it is full of WTF.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
mDiyo was vastly more pleasant about it and is probably unconcerned now that the two mods are separated. Greg crashed MC and made no apologies. Big difference.

Still, this is separate from the point of this thread. Let's not wander down the wrong road here.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

BananaSplit2

Jul 29, 2019
mDiyo was vastly more pleasant about it and is probably unconcerned now that the two mods are separated. Greg crashed MC and made no apologies. Big difference.

Still, this is separate from the point of this thread. Let's not wander down the wrong road here.
Do not ignite this war again. In my point of view, both were faulty, period.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
So that is true? can't have tinker's construct along with gregtech?

Tinker's construct is my favorite mod from now on, even though a few seconds ago I didn't like it that much.

Pack builders can't distribute public packs containing both, but they work fine together as long as the configurations are set in a non-conflicting manner. So if people want both they can add the missing one individually.

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
What is or is not 'allowed' and what is or is not capable of happening are two different things.

You have an opinion. This opinion is that GregT is going to 'behave himself'. I do not share it. Or rather, I cannot risk that your opinion is incorrect.
Ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.