Signature Policy Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Celebrating this policy change with a signature. I don't normally use signatures on forums. So of course it isn't the best or all that fancy.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I think all images of a certain height limit should have to be in a spoiler. Ex. That I am (role) stuff is too big, while something like yours is fine. I say this because aftr a long day I go on the FTB and IC2 forums and browse and stop at images or posts of people that I know have something good to say and on the FTB Forums this is hard because I am constantly looking at huge sig pictures. Ex. Look at what at Qazplm601 does, that is what I think people with images should do.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
or make them blue. or purple. or cyan.

I was thinking dark gray- it'll fit the same regardless of the dark or light colour scheme.

Its definitely needed as ending a post with spoiler tags/ having multiple spoiler tags in the post.
Continuing with the same styled tags in the sig can blend the two together.
(The contrasting colour bars effectively hides the line between sig and post)
You actually opened this one?
You deserve a cookie XD

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Uou can set a max signature size in the xenforo acp panel under eavh users group.

Sent from some stupid phone using tappatalk kappa

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I have no issues with the new signature rules... But if I was to put my signature into size 1 font, I can still only put 4 lines, and if I go over I can't save it, or if spoiler tags are used (a know a few people have signatures which are a few spoilers that are filled with quotes) then you still can't save signatures any more.
Obviously I understand that it is trying to enforce the 4 lines max thing. But it sorta defies the point of "spoilers to clean up signatures" bit... I don't know how hard it would be to get an "if spoiler then bypass 4 line exception" enforcement... but a few of the new things implemented in the new forum update seem to have broken old things :/

People with nested spoiler signatures will need something totally new if they want to edit their spoilers. And not to mention a few of the other features (editing posts, for example).

I do understand a lot of the changes are for the better, and the signature one is a good one (when it comes to visuals) but I can see it irritating some people when it comes to changing their signature :/

Also... can I make a suggestion for "signatures" the "sent from <x> using Tapatalk" type signatures should be removed? Just because they are sorta annoying to read, especially when someone sets their signature as something custom, as it essentially another line of text below their post.

example signature as sent from Tapatalk2

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Obviously I understand that it is trying to enforce the 4 lines max thing. But it sorta defies the point of "spoilers to clean up signatures" bit... I don't know how hard it would be to get an "if spoiler then bypass 4 line exception" enforcement... but a few of the new things implemented in the new forum update seem to have broken old things :/

Would it be possible to have ''Everything within spoiler tags counts as 1 line"?

Also... can I make a suggestion for "signatures" the "sent from <x> using Tapatalk" type signatures should be removed? Just because they are sorta annoying to read, especially when someone sets their signature as something custom, as it essentially another line of text below their post.

And those dragon egg things.

Reactions: jordsta95

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to have ''Everything within spoiler tags counts as 1 line"?

And those dragon egg things.
Dragon egg things?

But the spoiler thing would be a good idea... but maybe set it to 3 lines? Just so that you can't have multiple spoilers?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
There's no way for me to set it to not count spoilers. I tried.

And the tapatalk thing is part of the settings of the app. Not the forums.

Reactions: jordsta95

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
You know, most streams hand out at least a timeout to anyone self-promotes... Web sites, other streams, etc.

Too bad you can't do the same for Apps that behave in the same manner :D

This message sent from a Corsair Vengeance K95 keyboard connected to a hand-crafted monstrously over-powered system compared to anything that runs "tappatalk" :D

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
This message sent from a Corsair Vengeance K95 keyboard connected to a hand-crafted monstrously over-powered system compared to anything that runs "tappatalk" :D
>.> You now have to explain to the sick brother in the room next to me why I woke him up laughing too loud >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.