Should some mods just stop being updated in packs?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
By changing mods I mean adding or removing them. Too many people do argue that modpacks should ship as they want it, because to them, using a modpack means that they are entitled to exert absolutely zero effort. These are the same people who whine about config defaults differing from their tastes.

And to make absolutely sure my intention is clear:
People like that are lazy and/or stupid, and they and their wishes are not worth your time.

TL;DR: I do not like lazy people. :p
If I had wine, I'd offer ya a glass, brotha.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
The only time I have ever consumed alcohol was when I was tricked into doing so. :p
A teetotaler, eh? I can respect that. I'm not a heavy or frequent drinker, myself, but I've been known to get a 6-pack of Angry Orchard or apple ale every few moons, along with the rare, small wine sampler. In that vein, I find Barefoot chardonnay completely undrinkable.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
A teetotaler, eh? I can respect that.
Does that not require I be part of some fringe religious group (of which I am very much not)? For me it is because of a blend of "why would you WANT to consume that", not trusting what I may do if I lose control, and a small part due to a fear, irrational or not, of getting addicted as I do to things like games.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Does that not require I be part of some fringe religious group (of which I am very much not)? For me it is because of a blend of "why would you WANT to consume that", not trusting what I may do if I lose control, and a small part due to a fear, irrational or not, of getting addicted as I do to things like games.
There's nothing religious about being t-total :p
But I am in a similar boat with alcohol, there's no NEED to drink it, and it tastes pretty meh too. And I don't trust what anyone does while they are drunk, so I don't dare do anything drunk; don't get drunk = no need to be cautious :p

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I never got drunk enough to get a hangover, but I presume it would be a really bad feeling.
But I need one beer or two to get over my inhibition. I can't really socialize in a club or at a party when I'm completely sober.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I don't ever drink enough to get drunk, or even buzzed. I only ever drink because I want to, and even then, its only roughly the equivalent of one beer a day, maybe two if what I'm drinking is particularly good.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I don't ever drink enough to get drunk, or even buzzed. I only ever drink because I want to, and even then, its only roughly the equivalent of one beer a day, maybe two if what I'm drinking is particularly good.
Sadly, most people I know drink to excess, and getting so drunk they cannot remember anything afterward is often the goal.

I recall a particularly significant incident when a coworker did not show up for a few days after getting drunk and then - as we later learned - running around naked on the TTC subways screaming "USA! USA! USA!". :rolleyes:

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Sadly, most people I know drink to excess, and getting so drunk they cannot remember anything afterward is often the goal.

I recall a particularly significant incident when a coworker did not show up for a few days after getting drunk and then - as we later learned - running around naked on the TTC subways screaming "USA! USA! USA!". :rolleyes:

Ok... That sounds pretty serious :)

I also have never been drunk before but I do drink an occasional glass of wine or so. I just never let it go out of hand.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019

Now that is a little overboard with drunkness...

I have only ever been drunk once, never again, and it was hilarious.
It was the first year in sixth-form (it's the middle-ground school between high school and university - if you choose to go) and we went to Belgium on a history trip, being there to supervise the younger years (as sixth form is a tack-on to the highschool, and we went with the 2nd and 3rd years). On the last night we were there the teachers said to the sixth formers, because the legal age to drink there is only 16 (and sixth form is 16-18) that they'd buy us drinks if we wanted to go to the bar with them, instead of going to bed at 10pm... this was said in the morning, and I thought "screw it, why not"... I didn't like sharing a room with younger years - as we had to.
So we did our stuff for the day, we went to watch the parade thing in the town, and then went for a meal (seriously, getting 60 children into a restaurant makes me think the teachers are heroes). The teachers, sixth formers, and all students over 16 (some from the last year of highschool came too) all sat downstairs in the main area, and the younger years all went to the party area on the first floor... And because of that the teachers offered us all a beer, as everyone who was 16 had their parents written consent to this one beer at dinner (I didn't know of this) but I said why not...
Anyway, we went back to the hotel where we were staying at about 9pm, and the male teachers (3 male, 3 female) took the sixth formers straight to the bar... we didn't get out until about 2am... and the glasses were being refilled as soon as they were emptied... I didn't feel any changes until about 1:30, but that night was hell!
The morning wasn't too bad though. But still... NEVER again.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019

There's a reason human civilization has flourished in parallel with alcohol. Look where the borders to the Roman Empire stopped - essentially where they could no longer grow grapes. It's a lubricant for a lot of things, mentally and socially - you'd be surprised how much actual engineering work happens at a bar instead of a desk. You're focusing only on the bad and ignoring that there are some real benefits - health included!

So in summary, there's a substance out there that assists your heart health, social interactions, and engineering creativity. And you're afraid of it. Yes, that's irrational. Have a beer. ;)

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
So in summary, there's a substance out there that assists your heart health, social interactions, and engineering creativity. And you're afraid of it. Yes, that's irrational. Have a beer. ;)
It's easy to lose control when you don't know how much alcohol there is in the stuff you're drinking. You were feeling totally fine until now, then you drink another drink and suddenly boom. That's why people say you shouldn't mix.

Wow, this thread has been much derailed...

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
There's a reason human civilization has flourished in parallel with alcohol. Look where the borders to the Roman Empire stopped - essentially where they could no longer grow grapes. It's a lubricant for a lot of things, mentally and socially - you'd be surprised how much actual engineering work happens at a bar instead of a desk. You're focusing only on the bad and ignoring that there are some real benefits - health included!

Not to forget humans actually evolved with a taste for alcohol because it had not only health benefits, but also social benefits - when you are drunk you are more likely to tell the truth. But it has been found in very old civilizations, well before fermentation could have been done "artificially", people were found with alcoholic substances... I don't know how this was discovered, I remember reading this in psychology a few years ago.

this thread has been much derailed...
Very much so.

zerotheliger

Jul 29, 2019

you bring enough beer to share with the class?

Reactions: rdemay91