Should ic2 be boycotted untill the power system is fixed ??

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
I thought everyone did that?
My old grid was 512 EU/p and I had about 32k EU/t running around and had block transformers convert for a room's worth of machines. Now I have item transformers in all of my machines and less over-all power. If the AESU or Charger blocks from Greg were better behaved, I'd have those power specific rooms and use the Lapo crystals get charged up and used to power subsections of the former network.

NicoAD

Jul 29, 2019
Why?

Make your own mod if you don't like it.

FTB was never about being real but being functional.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
IC2 threads in a nutshell.
IC2 is dying. Mods not been updated. Its stagnant. I'm bored- theres no new content

The new content is killing IC2. Its bad. Its hard to figure out. I don't like it.
The mod doesn't update and people whinge. The mod gets updated and people whinge.

Enet is still a little buggy, but overall still functions in a similar way.
All they did was fix an exploit which allowed multiple packets to get around the voltage limit.
Heck- the capacity of the all the wires has actually been buffed,
its also somewhat more intuitive and easier to understand.​

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
The energy net is different from it's 1.5 counterpart. It isn't built for centralized energy production and if you try to centralize it you have to go through the minigame of changing currents to different levels. It's not that the enet is bad you're just using it wrong.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 threads in a nutshell.
You forgot some replies.
But I ENJOY hard mode! Get out with your simple systems, why not play creative instead?
You don't like it? Then make your own mod or uninstall it.
I don't think any opinions regarding IC2 will change any time soon, so I guess this thread is completely useless indeed.

Corinanth

Jul 29, 2019
Because they add nothing to the RF family of mods and even less people would use IC2.

there are actually alot of things IC2 does that RF mods dont the biggest advantage is the speed upgrades and advanced machines which still out perform all of the RF machines put together .

also ic2 adds a lot and i mean ALOT of things that aren't machines. simplifying the energy net would finally make it accessible to the more casual players that were essentially kicked to the curb with a giant FU after 1.4

you seem to fail to understand that if Ic2 used a standard energy net MORE people would use it because it performs better.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
there are actually alot of things IC2 does that RF mods dont the biggest advantage is the speed upgrades and advanced machines which still out perform all of the RF machines put together .

also ic2 adds a lot and i mean ALOT of things that aren't machines. simplifying the energy net would finally make it accessible to the more casual players that were essentially kicked to the curb with a giant FU after 1.4

you seem to fail to understand that if Ic2 used a standard energy net MORE people would use it because it performs better.

1. Try Mekanism.
2. IC2 doesn't add many things that aren't in other mods. Maybe just the crops system and mining laser. The rest you can find in other mods, typically done in a more enjoyable way.
3. I am failing to understand that. The way I see it is that IC2 is becoming less unique and conforming.
4. Learn to grammar.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
>.> truth be told I'm not fond of the changes to IC2 either, thats why I switched to Mekanism... plus I like it's machine designs better as there not just 'textured blocks'.
Don't like something, move onto something else instead of throwing a fit.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
its Greg idiocy creeping into the mod again
No. Greg is only there for bugfixes, I'm pretty sure he had nothing to do with the new power system.

Understand that there is no excuse and no defense for bad design.
We do understand. In fact, a couple of months back or so, we had a thread about IC2 where a lot of us completely bashed the mod to pieces for its bad design. However, I do not believe that completely boycotting a mod would fix the problem.

i wouldn't call for a boycott if the people on the ic2 forums weren't idiots and actually bothered to fight for the old E-net but they let the devs roll over them and viciously trolled anyone who made sense to the point that the only people who are still on the forums are the diehard fans who are trying to get things fixed and drive a spike of sanity into the chaos and the masses of trolls that do nothing but try to make things harder and refuse to accept logical arguments in favor of supporting bad design.
Well, this is FTB forums not IC2 forums.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
No. Greg is only there for bugfixes.
Ok, I agree with most of your post, but this is just wrong. He may not be coding the changes, but one does not have to code a change to influence it. And the entirety of IC2E reeks of Greg, especially the crafting.

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I agree with most of your post, but this is just wrong. He may not be coding the changes, but one does not have to code a change to influence it. And the entirety of IC2E reeks of Greg, especially the crafting.

True, but even greg doesn't want IC2 default to be Gregtech 2

I mean he even got pissed off when IC2 made a semi-fluid generator and used the plate system. Because it was clear they took ideas from his mod.