Should ic2 be boycotted untill the power system is fixed ??

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Well, personally, I find IC2 without Gregtech to be rather... Unfinished, I suppose is the best way to describe it. I have difficulty imagining IC2 without it anymore, and I don't think I'm unique in this.
Honestly, if it was up to me, I would just have IC2 merge into GregTech rather than IC2E continue to wither away like the corpse it is. GregTech would then be a sufficient standalone mod, less forum fights would be created over IC2 and that whole ecosystem would actually get better IMO.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Honestly, if it was up to me, I would just have IC2 merge into GregTech rather than IC2E continue to wither away like the corpse it is. GregTech would then be a sufficient standalone mod, less forum fights would be created over IC2 and that whole ecosystem would actually get better IMO.
Imagine I'd Greg switched to rf....

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Imagine I'd Greg switched to rf....
Well, I'm pretty sure he has plans to add a RF adapter for his machines, similar to the MJ adapter.

The ingots is... Well lets just say im unfocused xD
I always start a project, see/get enough of something for something else, and get distracted. So I have a ton of halfway finished projects and run out because I cannot focus
Heh, nice. :p
I can see why you wouldn't like GT then, it does kinda require you to focus at least for the early game, if you want to not spend a ridiculous amount of resources.

Honestly, I agree with you there. GT merging with IC2 is really the best option for the mod, since at this point the only thing that'll make it competitive with the current mod landscape is a complete overhaul.
Which is exactly what GT is.

EDIT: WHY AM I GETTING SO MANY LIKES FOR THIS POST

Last edited:

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Back to the original post; Do I detect gregs hand in this new power system?
It definitly seems like something he would add -_-

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Back to the original post; Do I detect gregs hand in this new power system?
It definitly seems like something he would add -_-
Honestly, I doubt it's his choice it's in there, regardless of how close it is to his implementation.

Unless you mean "is Greg working on the new energy network", in which case, yeah, his position as lead debugger/error fixing guy means that his experience mucking with IC2's e-net means he's the guy they ask for help fixing it. Or something along those lines.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I may be out of line here- but I don't really see it as a contest as such.
I quite enjoy a few nerfs because it increases the value of the items, and can even build in new gameplay mechanics.
(by example; my current setup reduces sapling drop, and significantly nerfed the growth rate. Result? A forest is now a very valuable resource, and deforestation is a real mechanic. When you first settle somewhere the tree line recedes faster than my dad's hair. You can potentially run out of a 'renewable' resource.)​
What did you use to change the drop rate of saplings and the growth rate of saplings? That's one of the major things (deforestation) I want in a mod pack I'm working on, but I've not been able to find anything. Using Hunger Overhaul, but that doesn't seem to change the growth rate no matter what I set it's config to.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm aware, and it's not even that it's unrealistic nor that I dislike those kinds of physics. It's more about what I discuss later in the post, about what I like about IC2/GT, and how it gives you more to do by adding resource processing beyond just turning ore into as many ingots as possible.
I actually agree with you completely friend, was being satirical :) (Some folks get the cromulent reference, others not so much :p)

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
As someone who is a big fan of the Monster Hunter series, which is entirely based around grinding, I can say that, at least for people like me, it's because the grinding comes with enjoyable experiences. In Monster Hunter's case, grinding means teaming up with 3 other people (who will probably be nice since that community is amazing) and fighting 20-foot-tall dragons. Grinding comes from combat and socialization, the main content of the game.

Anouther Monster Hunter fan? Yay!

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Anouther Monster Hunter fan? Yay!
I remember the good ol' days... Wyvern Egg Carry Quests. Ruined by a single fucking Vespid.
Then we said "fuck that" and went fishing for Plesioth(sic) and chuckled at how our Hunter's had JUST as much trouble pulling a tiny fish out of the water as they did a giant fucking water demon of sorts.

I was the only guy in our group who was both a Bowgunner and a Lanceman; at least before we got Monster Hunter Tri. Then I was a Bowgunner and a Nodachi user. Always got told it was a waste of parts and cash; never cared as it was insanely useful. Also always had a Strength Flute and a Defense Flute, just in case someone didn't eat super well before a fight.