Shoop Resonant Rise [Season 3] The rise of the Shoop archmage

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Very cool. I'd have used Tinkers drawbridges to make a door and... well a draw bridge, so I didn't have to sacrifice the defensive nature of the quicksand for the ability to access the fort.

Though since TC4 doesn't seem to have arcane pressure plates, I guess it wouldn't work.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

ROBES! by Saice, on Flickr

Today was up and down. Got my robes and a lot of other random research done.... then I went to the nether and jumped into lava and lost it all.

Man Order shards do not grow on trees people.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've chisel installed myself, but for me it's a mod with so much content I don't even know where to start
though I do suck at aesthetic building

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Look.... Armor... Magey armor is a go.

2013-11-01_06.18.02 by Saice, on Flickr[DOUBLEPOST=1383301565][/DOUBLEPOST]

We all start there man. Check out my attempt to help others with their aesthetics over >here<

yea, I saw that topic before. loves some of the 9x9's that people came up with
but my problem always is that I want to do things as efficiently as possible, but when you try to build with aesthetics that won't always work.
right now in my current world I made a big mudsphere with 2 towers going into it, after a week I still haven't switched up the cobblestone for better looking materials :p

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so there is a Node type in TC4 that is basically a black hole. It killed me and ate all my gear. Whelp there goes 8+ hours of work.

I'm all for difficulty but yeah this was basically a 'Hello your dead' there was no way to escape at hand on me so it just slowly killed me then ate all my gear. When I came back to see if anything made it got sucked in a second time and it I assume ate all my backup gear I just logged off at that point.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so there is a Node type in TC4 that is basically a black hole. It killed me and ate all my gear. Whelp there goes 8+ hours of work.

I'm all for difficulty but yeah this was basically a 'Hello your dead' there was no way to escape at hand on me so it just slowly killed me then ate all my gear. When I came back to see if anything made it got sucked in a second time and it I assume ate all my backup gear I just logged off at that point.

that was a hungry node. they're quite dangerous if you're not wearing the goggles to see where the nodes are.
you can usually see if it's a hungry node if items are randomly disappearing around it

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
that was a hungry node. they're quite dangerous if you're not wearing the goggles to see where the nodes are.
you can usually see if it's a hungry node if items are randomly disappearing around it

Yeah but this was in the middle of the ocean there was no items around to disappear into.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Would goggles help?

Had goggles on at the time. It looked like a dark node. I was in the ocean mining unneeded nodes far away from the mainland area. So since it looked like a dark node and the only way to find out what a nod is is to get right up near it. I was doomed. There is no blocks or items for the node to eat out in the ocean so the normal tell tail signs are not there. I might have gotten away with say an ender pearl or the such (would love to test that) but I have not gone enderman hunting yet.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
For SCIENCE! er MAGIC!

For those of you wondering about hungry nodes. I created a test map and made a hungry node to try a few things out.

First yeah over land they are very obvus when you find one it does tare up the ground around it. Also while it only eats blocks about 8 form it it will start to pull on you at around 12 blocks. A few things I figured out as to how to escape. Yes you can use ender pearls. But be for warned it will sometimes toss you in such a way that after you TP you die from 'falling' its random a stack of 16 I died 'falling' 4 times so odds are in your favor if you keep pearls on your hot bar. But also realize there is flight time so if you arc it to high you might die before you TP. Also I found another trick though risky if you have blocks of any sort on your hot bar you can place one on the node. Getting slammed into this block will some times send you flying in arc landing (and dieing) away from the node. While it does not save you most of the time I laned far enough away to collect items safely.

Also be warned Hungry can show up on any node type so there is no sure fire way to know. The node will have a specail FX around it like the bright nodes but more like a ring. One way to be sure is to ease up on a node (not easy to do if your ocean farming) or if you suspect a node throw some blocks at it.

Note: It can be any color and compounds with some other node types.

hungry by Saice, on Flickr

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
For SCIENCE! er MAGIC!

For those of you wondering about hungry nodes. I created a test map and made a hungry node to try a few things out.

First yeah over land they are very obvus when you find one it does tare up the ground around it. Also while it only eats blocks about 8 form it it will start to pull on you at around 12 blocks. A few things I figured out as to how to escape. Yes you can use ender pearls. But be for warned it will sometimes toss you in such a way that after you TP you die from 'falling' its random a stack of 16 I died 'falling' 4 times so odds are in your favor if you keep pearls on your hot bar. But also realize there is flight time so if you arc it to high you might die before you TP. Also I found another trick though risky if you have blocks of any sort on your hot bar you can place one on the node. Getting slammed into this block will some times send you flying in arc landing (and dieing) away from the node. While it does not save you most of the time I laned far enough away to collect items safely.

Also be warned Hungry can show up on any node type so there is no sure fire way to know. The node will have a specail FX around it like the bright nodes but more like a ring. One way to be sure is to ease up on a node (not easy to do if your ocean farming) or if you suspect a node throw some blocks at it.

Note: It can be any color and compounds with some other node types.

hungry by Saice, on Flickr

once in creative I tried to jar a hungry node, it kept eating all my glass :(

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
once in creative I tried to jar a hungry node, it kept eating all my glass :(

I beat your could force wrench it with that super OP DartOPCraft[DOUBLEPOST=1383470210][/DOUBLEPOST]Crap... I either just broke the server or my chunk.

I was rebuilding my semltery and the game crashed. now every time I log in it crashes and the log comes up with.

AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I beat your could force wrench it with that super OP DartOPCraft[DOUBLEPOST=1383470210][/DOUBLEPOST]Crap... I either just broke the server or my chunk.

I was rebuilding my semltery and the game crashed. now every time I log in it crashes and the log comes up with.

AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed

I heard that TiC is quite buggy for multiplayer...