Shoop Resonant Rise [Season 3] The rise of the Shoop archmage

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Also, once you get TC4 up and running, the infernal furnace is an excellent way to smelt things without needing coal or charcoal. Using an AE/Metallurgy Grinder (it's a hand-crank, so it fits your tech level) to get ore duplication out of it.

Thats for the heads up on the grinder def something that would work for me and this run. TC is something I know well (well up to TC3) so yeah I had plans for golems and furnaces in my mind.[DOUBLEPOST=1383011984][/DOUBLEPOST]
And as Direwolf noted, with the inclusion of the item grate, it can now be automated with Golems.
I wonder if there is a way to make the Use golem core work with the hand crank of the grinder? hmmm. I'll have to poke some of that.

Christian Sinclair

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, I'm loving the look of this series, I'd love to give this a go myself

*Goes off to download a custom modpack with TC4 in it*

EDIT: can't find any... damn. How does one get access to this modpack? (sorry if this is one of the most asked questions in history)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I hate that you found a dungeon so close. Grrr...

Saddly it is not as close as I would like. The red dimond on the mini map is where the tower is. Saddly there is some tainted lands just a few more chunks to my left there. Not sure I will be able to use the spawner without also loading the tainted chunks. I want to miniize its spread until I've found a way to deal with it.

As a side note. I love the chisel mod so useful.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Debating at the moment if tech mod stuff is ok or not if it is powerless stuff. Like the engineer's toolbox modules that don't use power.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Go for magic, It's all the rage today :p

I will be doing magic. My project this time around is all mage tower stuff. Doing a no power (mj/eu/mek) thing the debating was if I was going to allow some of the non-powered stuff from the tech mods or not.

Reactions: Pokefenn

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So I got the basics of my frist tier of tower up. I still need to build and setup the rooms. But right now the tower has 5 floors. I am really liking both the mods Chisel and Carpenter for the options they give me in looks.

Door open

2013-10-30_03.09.31 by Saice, on Flickr

Door Close

2013-10-30_03.09.20 by Saice, on Flickr

30 blocks up only a few deaths.

2013-10-30_04.37.09 by Saice, on Flickr

Ominous tower is ominous.

2013-10-30_06.13.24 by Saice, on Flickr

Basic floor layout right now. Got five of these they are 15x15x5.

2013-10-30_06.12.54 by Saice, on Flickr

Soon little slime island.... soon.

2013-10-30_06.12.31 by Saice, on Flickr

Reactions: fergcraft

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Consider it this way, does it work automatically without power? Magical. Can it be automated magically, IE with Golems? Magical. Is it a temporary step until I can replace it with something magical? Magical. :

Awesome tower. You using scaffolding to build with? Or just pillaring up?

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
I might update my rules to make it so that once I have a spell/magic based attack I have to stop using normal swords... you know becuase mages are to awesome for mere swords and bows.

That's probably not such a good idea.
The TC wand caps, fire, lightning, frost, all consume renewable, but difficult to aquire and slow to reproduce essentia and will require a LOT of node draining to use at all.
For that single zombie walking towards you, followed by his 200 buddies?
That's an entire wands worth of Vis per night.
Especially on a server where people don't sleep.

And Ars damaging spells are nice, but similarly, mana regen is just so low it's not really plausible to use it as a sole means if combat before level 10 or so.
Mana cakes or potions are non-renewable, so are entirely impractical for anything other than a few boss fights or whatever.

So yeah, magic as a sole means of combat for battling 2 million zombies in helmets (so the day isn't safe either - gotta love Mekanism :3) isn't exactly viable, or at least not until way later in the game.

Regarding magical armours... Why about bound armour?
But, in a way, compared to ars intended balance it is, or was at last check, a bit too powerful.
The full suit protects from all damage, at the cost if LP, but unlike every other armour in RR, it also protects 100% from the damage of the ars bosses.
Yeah...
That arcane guardian who destroys MPS?
Bound armour and he can't touch you.
Same for the fire guardian, the "hardest" one.
The main issue you will have in this fight will be doing enough DPS to kill him before he uses that health resorting fire rain on himself.

So aim for a set if that as soon as you have 30 or so diamonds... Will make ars much easier, unless your world was generated before it was added and you don't have access to wake bloom, desert flower thig etc, THAT will make ars difficult.

Anyways, this sounds like an interesting project, and that zombie spawner will allow you to get an XP farm VERY early, so level 30 enchanted everything will be easy, even in vanilla.
Fully enchanted thaumium wi become just a matter of waiting at a grinder, clicking.

Unless natura screws you over with hunger etc...

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome tower. You using scaffolding to build with? Or just pillaring up?

Put 2 or 3 ladders at base. Pillar up a section at a time. put 2 ladders at the top. Get on ladders then break them and fall perfectly onto the ladders at the base. Repeat.[DOUBLEPOST=1383159512][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's probably not such a good idea.

Mobs are rarely an issue for me even in cheap gear. Getting over whelmed is really my only issue and when that happens I have no issues running away. Most of the mobs you can out smart their AI in someway. And if you have some prep time something as simple as a small hole and some quicksand will kill just about everything. Pretty much I really only use armor to keep from getting one shot and to give me some useful buffs.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So I got a few things done.

Work space is up. This is the Storage / Mundane crafting room.

Untitled by Saice, on Flickr

My Library / Arcane recycler

First floor has my tower heart.... its um... a work in progress.

My quarters

I made a quicksand moat... one day it will have golems under it collecting stuff. Chisel is a wonderful mod it is what I used for the door and the walk way which is two trap doors with quicksand in them to blend in.

View from the volcano nearby.

Reactions: fergcraft

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
you know becuase mages are too awesome for mere swords and bows.

Sometimes swords fit the bill for wizards/mages
787576-gandalf.jpg

Ringsgandalf.jpg

nymeriacopycopy.jpg

1335252489063.jpg

images

Ooh, I'm loving the look of this series, I'd love to give this a go myself

*Goes off to download a custom modpack with TC4 in it*

EDIT: can't find any... damn. How does one get access to this modpack? (sorry if this is one of the most asked questions in history)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109856948017213754039

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
don't you perhaps mean carpenter's blocks?
Yeah Carpenter's. I have been using both Carpenter's and Chisel so much in this project they are both just really nice mods.

is it a structure from a mod, or is it only made out of chisel blocks? :confused:
Its random Chisel blocks. There is a solid gold, diamond, and lapis block and a few mixed gold/stone blocks. And then a couple of thuam crystal clusters. Part of my thing is I have to use the best mats first in upgrading my tower heart. But with all the mods what is objectively the 'best' gets a bit questionable so I've really been winging it.