Share your story...

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

wow, that's quite a story you have there. I guess often the best people to talk about things like this are people who also have problems themselves. you can help others with their problems, maybe even forgetting your own for a bit, and the others can help you aswell. talking with people who don't have problems themselves often result in those people just not getting what you're talking about.

I'm 24 myself right now and I also still live at my parents, but thankfully both my parents are alive and are supportive of me, but I can say for sure if one of them wasn't here, I wouldn't be here either. so I can't even imagine how hard it is for you.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Great, I feel like a piece of shit right now.
Why did I sign in for this thread full of feels?
feeling like that isn't a bad thing... its like they say, sticks and stones may break my bones but words don't have a gun or a knife... o wait that was the wrong quote

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019

That's it, I'm leaving.
I've had enough weird and depressing stuff for a day.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
i would like to thank everyone by the way... when i came to this forum i was sad about my horrible school with a subpar education, sad about my family and how it was slowly falling appart, and sad that it felt like there was noting i could do about it(since im 14). I felt useless, and i felt i needed to do something about it... so i came here and i helped people a little and i made beast block and the zelda thread and everyone was so nice a friendly. You guys helped me with my maps and helped me improve my self... i have gained so much confidence in my self and i just want to thank you all so much.

Rhsolyn

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, guess who only ever looks at the forum games forum!
And guess who got bored and wandered off the path o_e
And guess who is going to share her story with you? lol.

So, when I was born, I was pretty small and I had all sorts of issues. I got pneumonia when I was two, and barely escaped it with my life. After that, I was happy. I made all sorts of friends (I'm very social :3). But I was young and kinda selfish. I regret nothing more then I regret my best friend. I was a total jerk to her, always asking her for stuff and never giving things in return. Now, looking back on it, I feel like I was such an idiot. I lost my friend, and a bunch of others (because life was busy and I just sort of lost track of them all). I was always into online gaming and stuff, but never really serious about it. One day when I was 10-11, I found my sister playing Minecraft. I thought it looked awesome, so I asked her to let me try it. I'd been hooked ever since. Minecraft helped me get through tons of crap. Last year, one of my closes friends decided to leave me for the 'cool kids'. She basically ignores me and all my friends--who used to be her friends too. And one of my other friends decided she was going to be a filthy liar. So basically, a lot of my friends have been just randomly betraying me. I'd long since gotten over my selfishness, so I still to this day have no idea why they ditched me. But my best friends were ones I met on Minecraft, they were always loyal and always there for me. The one day, my beloved cat ran away. I cried myself to sleep for days, and put posters EVERYWHERE trying to find him. We finally tracked him down, but he was half dead (He had already been old). We tried the best we could, but he died about a month after we found him. I swore I would never smile again. I was stuck in a pit of sadness, and I wasn't even trying to escape it. Then, I had the best day of my life. My parents decided to let me get a dog. I picked out an amazing greyhound, and I love her to pieces. She made me smile again. So finally, I was happy once more. Then the neighbors started bulling me and my brother, but mostly my brother. They called him fat and stupid and whatnot, they taunted him about not being able to read (He has a reading disability), and basically anything that they could possibly make sound like a bad thing. And my brother still views those people as his friends. I felt bad for him, but I couldn't do anything. I didn't want to get picked on myself, and I didn't want to make things worse for him (I have no doubt that those kids would make fun of him for needing protection from a girl). After a while we stopped going outside and shut out the neighbors. We started playing more and more Minecraft, and we became freaking addicts. Now, I'm mostly happy. But I'm having some issues, mostly due to stupid time zones in Australia. I made a good friend on Minecraft, but yeah, he lives in Australia. So timezones were an issue, and if I wanted to see him I had to stay up all night. So I did. I stay up until the sun comes up sometimes. And my mom suddenly decides I need to go to EVERY activity on the face of the planet, and she hardly lets me take naps. I started getting grumpy. I yell at everyone, and in the back of my mind there's a little voice saying "you're being ridiculous", and I know it's right, but I can't stop. I just keep yelling at people and getting angry all the time. But I can't just stop seeing my friend, so I'm struggling to do everything at once. But mostly I end up falling asleep at my desk...

Phew, good to get that off my chest.
Dang, my life sounds dumb when I put it this way. Oh well. :l

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Last year, one of my closes friends decided to leave me for the 'cool kids'. She basically ignores me and all my friends--who used to be her friends too. And one of my other friends decided she was going to be a filthy liar. So basically, a lot of my friends have been just randomly betraying me.
But I'm having some issues, mostly due to stupid time zones in Australia. I made a good friend on Minecraft, but yeah, he lives in Australia. So timezones were an issue, and if I wanted to see him I had to stay up all night. So I did. I stay up until the sun comes up sometimes. And my mom suddenly decides I need to go to EVERY activity on the face of the planet, and she hardly lets me take naps. I started getting grumpy. I yell at everyone, and in the back of my mind there's a little voice saying "you're being ridiculous", and I know it's right, but I can't stop. I just keep yelling at people and getting angry all the time. But I can't just stop seeing my friend, so I'm struggling to do everything at once. But mostly I end up falling asleep at my desk...

Phew, good to get that off my chest.
Dang, my life sounds dumb when I put it this way. Oh well. :l
i hate time zones with a passison. I had poroblems like that. Mostly I was completely blind to the fact that my so called "friends" were taking advantage of me because i was a nice giving person. But I just kinda learn to get over it and forget them.Have you considered asking your mom why she is making you do those things and telling her you need sleep. And always remember to
Help
Other
People
Everyday
Its helps in the long run of sadness

Nymall

Jul 29, 2019
It's nice seeing people able to share their stories. Most people don't get a chance to talk about how they got to where they are, and it's nice to see a community that's so accepting. I'd like to share my own personal story as well...

When I was born, I was born with several defects to my heart and digestive tract. My first four years of life were spent in and out of the hospital, as any event that would get me upset had the danger of stopping my heart. We spent most of the time living with my grandparents on my fathers side, and both my mother and father worked. After a specifically stressful incident, my father finally gave up the ghost and left. It was too stressful for him to deal with work and knowing what was happening on a daily basis.

After that, we moved around a lot. My mother tried becoming a accountant, And got a computer. I can remember playing these old games on it after I got home from daycare. That computer was my favorite thing - the act of controlling this tiny character back and forth entertained me for hours, and has led to much of my love of computers today. Then she met a man, my stepfather. I was four at the time, and he came from a post-depression family. His father was a military man and a crab fisherman, and ruled the house by might. He believed children should be neither seen nor heard, which ended me up becoming a very introverted child. I preferred reading or drawing to other activities, and had a lot of trust issues with both teachers and other kids.

As I got older, I got more rebellious(as all kids do) and began pushing against my parents. I had been a B student across the board up until this point, but my stepfather constantly loved to sit across the table and have long slurred speeches about how if I wasn't a A student, I'd never go anywhere. I ended up giving completely up on subjects I didn't care about. When I brought home my report card, I had done well in everything, with the exception of French, which at the time I didn't see the point of. He gave me a black eye and bruised my arms and ribs - my gym teacher ended up calling Social Services on him, but he lied and told them that I had been jumped by a bully. This was the early ninties, so that case with the woman spanking the child in the parking lot hadn't happened yet. They commented that it was suspicious, but there was no other signs of previous abuse, and closed the case. From then on, he was much more careful.

The introversion from that point on collapsed. I spent most of my lunch hours in the library on the computers, and when I got home I'd disappear into the computer again. I had a site up on freewebs(I think, it's been too long) and I spent most of my hours preening over it.(On a dialup connection, no less. Ah, the days before DSL)My school suffered, but I never dropped out. If I cared about a class, I gave it my all, but my record became all over the place. Things escalated with my stepfather(he saw the grade slippage as direct rebellion) and I attempted to commit suicide. Fortunately, I was rescued by a gentleman who happened to be walking in the park that evening, and he cut me down and phoned 911. I was admitted to the psychiatric hospital as a risk.

At this point, my stepfather saw a opening. He decided that I would become my father's problem, and took it upon himself to get rid of all of my belongings. My mother had been staying local to where I was, and brought me home to find that not only were all my things gone, but he had gone and converted what was my room into part of his downstairs workshop. I ended up staying with my grandparents for a few weeks while they fought it out, and eventually my mother gave in - they got in touch with my father.

In the intervening years, my father had not been doing so well. He had been battling hypoglycemia, and loosing. Subborn, he refused to change his lifestyle, and it was immobilizing him. he got out on medical grounds, meaning I bounced between my mothers and my grandparents. Eventually, the disease got the better of him, and he passed away. In the one act of kindness my stepfather EVER showed me, he allowed me to move back in and eased up. We still fought, but it no longer got violent. I like to think he started seeing what was going on, but it's more reasonable mom held him hostage somehow.

I graduated, and set out. I had nothing saved, as the town we lived in was a collection of 100 buildings and a lake, so I moved in with friends and started working at a call center. That fell through fast, and soon enough I found myself living out of my car at the park. I found out that the police would be alright with it as long as I was gone before dawn, and I was still looking for work. I eventually got contacted by a friend who lived down south, and after living with her and her boyfriend for a bit, I met my wife. I tried to go to college(A flare up of medical issues and hospitalizations caused me to drop out) but I now have a family, and things are starting to look up. I've been working on a team for some IOS Projects as a java programmer, and it sounds like one is finally taking off.

If anything, it's taught me that if you perservere through the hardships, good things happen.

Last edited:

2t3ve

Jul 29, 2019
My life was hard... I was an extremely Quiet person and kept to myself.
It started in 1st grade, i met my future best friend and soon enough we formed a circle we accepted anyone, people didn't want to mess with me then.
fast forward to 3rd grade my best friend had to go to another school, i still had others by my side but i felt lonely, and that year i learn't the truth i was being deceived by my classmates(not my friends)
School wasn't what i thought it was I'd recently learn't that my brother was being bullied and others were in my class, someone got chased down the street by some man(the kid got away BTW) and so.... my descent into sadness started
4th grade new kid,he had ADHD, we were friends but then he made friends with my enemies, and started harassing me but the next year was so much worse....
5th grade was my hardest year, i was attacked during breaks for a piece of Lego i apparently stole(some gold ninja-go thing) my friends watched this ordeal go on for a few days, i was bruised both mentally and physically, but one thing helped me, My friend told her mother the school didn't do anything
During that year the mental abuse they used against me was my largest fears Clowns, Being Alone and Noise
They mainly used clowns though, The clown in particular was this thing Called IT apparently it was some horror movie.
One day after school i was given some folded paper it was a word document with that clown on it i almost defecated myself and have a heart attack, but i was fine
i skipped school a lot because everything was against me, Kids,Teachers the school counselor
We called the Education Department, They did nothing
one fateful day bought my mother into tears, She noticed that kids were clustering around the boy with ADHD, i got out of the car and walked into the yard, my mum went to the other side to watch to see if anything would happen
The kid Got a clown mask and put it on and walked slowly with a knife(or scissors) up to me and i just dropped and started crying
My mum then got out the car,ran other the road jumped the fence and said gotcha you little **** and started crying, we then went into the principals office- AND THEY DIDN'T EXPEL HIM OH BOY FUN!
anyways, i was in the Festival of music that year, we had to sing in front of the school the kid and his friend at lunch walked up to me and said i sung like a *** - that was the worst mistake they made, i was at the breaking point and i let it out
they ran off and I went into an adrenaline fueled rage, I just forgot everything and went from peaceful eating to: I WANT RIP YOUR HEAD OFF, yep that's how mad i was, funny just to prove this school was bad, a kid ran away earlier and that day and i wasn't expelled, after that, i wanted to die i thought i didn't deserve to live, no one wanted to talk to me because of my volatile nature.
i went to my Best friends school for the last 1/4 of year 5
Year 6 was better and i was with my best friend and i discovered i had Aspergers
year 7 was my most awkward year(we went to a Christian college(a.k.a private school that does yrs ELC- 12
A girl in yr8 fell in love with me(which i wasn't happy about but i just went along with it) which was extremely hard to talk to your crush who you accidentally told you liked her(valentines ;d)
she asked me go out with her but promptly forgot after 2 days
2nd semester was hard because i was bullied again, but he got inside expulsion and then expulsion
But, 2014 now that is something i don't know about because it hasn't happened yet and now its obvious what year im in at this moment in time
Yep, that was pretty depressing
P.S i wonder if my crush will ask me out XD

Reactions: Yusunoha

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

wow, quite a story you've there. you often hear about parents or step-parents being abusive of their children, but you never really hear what they exactly do and what kind of effect it has on the children.
but I'm very happy to hear that things have gotten better for you, hope it stays that way ;)

I always wonder myself if I ever find that special person... I've never been in love myself so I've no idea how it'd be like or how it could change me

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
My story? Bloody hell, if I'm going to community therapy I better spit it out.

Unlike most of you, I have no health problems or family problems. I guess I'm lucky as heck.
My father is an engineer in the area of technology and comuniccation, which greatly lead into my interest with mathematics, chemistry, physics, computers, mechanics and how electricity works. My mother is a Spanish and Portuguese teacher, which led into my ability with languages and my love for reading books.
Of course, both things made me extremely introverted.
My sisters (I have two, both younger than me) are also quite the readers, but aren't interested in "harder sciences". So they weren't as introverted I was, even though they were no Alpha Bitch.

Considering I was born in Brazil, I got really fucking lucky. My life wasn't full with extravangancy nor poverty. I wouldn't spend almost 100 dollars on a shirt (rough translation of dollars to reais), but I wouldn't starve.

When I was in kindergarten , I was the shy kid. The one that preferred to read than play. The one that could think of mathematics while playing with toy cars. I made a friend, and he's pretty damn important. I know him since I was 2 and we're still friends. He'll play a bigger role soon.

As soon real school (7 years - the lines for where school started changed a few years later, from 7 to 6) started, I found myself being far away from everything. Me and my friend went to different schools, so I lost my only friend. I was quiet, shy. And, moreover, I felt like that school wasn't for me. I was right.

Next year, when I was 8, my teacher used to beat me for being too shy and too smart.
Which made absolutely no fucking sense.
I changed schools halfway through the year. The first years were fine. I even made a friend. But, in the fifth grade (10 years), he changed schools. To the same one the friend I had made with 2 went. My fathers had considered that school, but had dismissed it as being too big, which would be actually helpful later. I was still a friend of the one I became friend with 2.
The year was horrible.
I had no friends. The only "friend" I had betrayed and humiliated me. I was ashamed of myself, I wasn't able to live up to my expectations (they tend to be really fucking high). I was depressed. It changed me. No longer I was as innocent as I once was. I started talking to myself, to prevent my sanity from slippering. I was paranoid. Sarcastic. I would trust no one.

I changed schools, and so did my sisters. I was 11, when the second level of school starts. I went to the British school here in São Paulo, which meant that we were going to speak in Emglish all day long. I had started studying English separatedly in a school dedicated to English (if you want to learn a language, you either learn from a specialized school or learn in a school were that's a primary language) before, so I wasn't behind.
I met a bunch of people. Essentially, the friends of my friend (the one I became friends with in kindergarten). They played a rather big role, too.
If it wasn't for them, I would never had started watching/reading/listening/playing a lot of stuff.

I felt better. The paranoia had made me even shyer, which I liked. The snark had grown to me. I was the same. Just with a more careful point of view and a snarky sense of humour.

When I was 12, however, I ended up in the same class as a girl.
Why that's important?
She became my crush.
She was a shy girl. She was pretty. And, as far as I knew, she was also a bit nerdy.
I tried to talk to her. I couldn't. I couldn't find the courage. It was stuck on my throath and burning like acid.
Only now, this year (I'm 15), a friend of mine managed to drag me to her, said to her that I liked her and when she asked if it was true I could only say "Yes.".
After that, I kind of passed out. The world slipped off of my brain. Time stopped.
And I was back to reality shortly after.
I found out she had a crush on me. My head was spinning. We went on a date. And another. And another. And another...
Shortly after, she was my girlfriend.

Now, I'm terrible at putting anything on words. I feel feelings, but I cannot write them. But I think that if it wasn't for all that happened, I probably wouldn't be as happy as I am today.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
so, can I call you the ladies man now? its great to hear stories of people getting love at a young age. I am 15 currently and there is only 2 couples in the whole grade, and one of them is with a student in a higher grade!

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, no, I'm a one-woman man.
There's a lot of couples in my school, thought. Most of them last two weeks, one month. Mine has lasted around 8 months so far.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, no, I'm a one-woman man.
There's a lot of couples in my school, thought. Most of them last two weeks, one month. Mine has lasted around 8 months so far.
well, ones better than most of us school kids on the fourms, so you are still ladiesman or ladyman. actually that last one makes you sound like a feminine man :p