Seeking Botania feedback

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
If I might make a suggestion, If Vazkii has any idea of adding more armor sets; I think some 2 and 3 Piece Set's would be nice also some armor that can have both a 2 and a 4 set bonus or something along those lines.

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
This mod is really cool. first flower magic mod i've ever seen :p

one question, I just noticed a new knowledge called runic, what does that do?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
This mod is really cool. first flower magic mod i've ever seen :p

one question, I just noticed a new knowledge called runic, what does that do?
Occasionally, Gaia 2.0 will drop these rather powerful and unbreakable items called Relics. They can do things like teleport you home, infinitely heal you and make you completely resistant to certain types of damage, or just deal large amounts of damage to your enemies. They're also soulbound, meaning that you can only get each one of them one time (so don't lose the ones you get), and if someone steals (or otherwise obtains) one of your relics, it will cease to function until you get it back. If you don't mind spoilers, spawn in the Dice of Fate in a testworld and right-click it. It'll turn into a relic you haven't obtained yet and will update your Lexica Botania (may need to be the upgraded Elven-knowledge one) with the details of that relic's functionality.

... Wait, you said Runic, not Relic. I dunno. Haven't seen that yet.

San

Jul 29, 2019
Botania is seriously improving my redstone skills. There are +9000 things I want to do with this mod. I have a corporea sorted storage system and several automated resource collection/creations going. My base is potato powered and I am in love with that statement. Being forced to go to the End for Ender air is a huge PITA, but it's understandable, and negligible if you're willing to take along an inventory of empty bottles to stock up. Ender bottles need to fill a whole stack at a time though (shift + click), as sitting there filling them is obnoxious

Still using water + packed ice for item transport. The mana consumption of daffomills is too difficult to distribute over complex systems and luminizers are weird, haven't messed with them yet

awesome mod, I have some feature requests

Alternating mana production:
Crafting an overgrowth seed + redstone creates an alternating power seed. Planting the seed on soil under mana producing flowers causes them to alternate between 150% and 50% mana production over 6 minutes, without any increase in resources consumed. Numbers as always are up to you

Reason:
Creates automation challenge and rewards players, allowing them to get more mana for less resources so long as they have a way to disable the flower during production dips and enable it during peak production. Useful for complex consumers like the spectrolus or entropinnyum. Less useful for Gourmaryllis or others that simply require bulk amounts of raw materials, but an application could still prove worthwhile

Liquid collection:

New functional flower which, by consuming mana, will remove liquid source blocks from the world in a large area, filling empty buckets (in a chest or in-world)

Reason:
provides a way to harvest large amounts of lava. Gives another reason to get mana generation in the nether. Might come in handy for other mod interaction. Since there are often "Pumps" added by other mods it'd mostly just be nice for players who prefer botania because botania is cool

Last edited:

San

Jul 29, 2019
FEEDBACK: The mod is insanely cool. I only have a tiny bit of early game criticism.

I don't really like the flower decay feature. I understand that there is a config. The problem is they are op with the config off and useless with the config on. I would argue that the passive generation flowers are broken. They really mess up the early stages of botania I think. Either people stick with them forever, or completely skip them based on the config option.

Search your feelings, you know this to be true.
I feel like just having them stick around longer would fix it fine. Maybe twice as long. I made 10 of the things and the net mana production was barely enough to advance to better stuff, even while sleeping each night

Decay is a good thing

Last edited: