Sacred rubber sapling "ruined" my world... what can i do?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't think people grasp the size of this tree.

Even with the pictures, I don't think the size is in proper scope.

It's a radius of 200 blocks, 400 blocks across through the center, the leaves go all the way up to 255 (build height), the base of the tree is SMALL approx 10x10 blocks, not a full chunk 16x16 blocks. After the tree goes up a way, it begins to cylinder out and get wider and wider. This goes on for a VERY LONG TIME. Think of any large player built base and just the trunk of this tree as it gets wider and wider will dwarf it.

A natura tree is SMALL, a Sacred Oak is TINY, anything in twilight forest is TEENY, Volcanos, mountains, alps, etc ... PUNY!!! Nothing, absolutely nothing, is as big as this tree.

It blocks out the sun. Grass, uproots. Saplings uproot. Stuff spawns during the day. The leaves cause lag in most worlds as the cpu struggles with it all.

All, ALL solar powered stuff comes to a grinding halt.

The angels in the heaven weep, the devils in hell laugh out loud along with most people on IRC. Nobody will help you. The end is nigh. Plant this thing and you will feel the cold terror that is NEW GAME +.

One just does not simply go into Mordor ...

That's not a moon, that's a space station ...

I've got a 9 wind bag ...

and,

What's the worse that can happen?

All that stuff. It's bad!

I can hardly wait to lay my hands on one and do it right this time. :)

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019

It's a radius of 200 blocks, 400 blocks across through the center, the leaves go all the way up to 255 (build height), the base of the tree is SMALL approx 10x10 blocks, not a full chunk 16x16 blocks. After the tree goes up a way, it begins to cylinder out and get wider and wider. This goes on for a VERY LONG TIME. Think of any large player built base and just the trunk of this tree as it gets wider and wider will dwarf it.

A natura tree is SMALL, a Sacred Oak is TINY, anything in twilight forest is TEENY, Volcanos, mountains, alps, etc ... PUNY!!! Nothing, absolutely nothing, is as big as this tree.

It blocks out the sun. Grass, uproots. Saplings uproot. Stuff spawns during the day. The leaves cause lag in most worlds as the cpu struggles with it all.

The angels in the heaven weep, the devils in hell laugh out loud along with most people on IRC. Nobody will help you. The end is nigh. Plant this thing and you will feel the cold terror that is NEW GAME +.

and,

This post xD, but I agree, the tree is just stupidly large. Now get a axe of the stream with repair 2....

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

and,

OK, lets see here...
Nothing, absolutely nothing, is as big as this tree.
Except your mom for fat Vriska, but she's bigger.
So some stuff might spawn until my arcane lamps catch up, gotcha.
Gee, if only I had like millions of other power generation options that didn't rely on solar power.
That would be WALK, not go, and as it turns out, yes, you do. You totally do.

Reactions: Fuzzlewhumper

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
A Forcefield miner should be able to get rid of it in a reasonable time,,, Just needs a lot of power...

Go to Y-level 128 or the like. Forcefield projector, 128 range upgrades into the up slots, 128 in the left and right slots. Then a desintegrator module, gather module, and a lot of speed upgrades... Sadly can't remember what any of these modules are actually called ^^* Then you could either start tossing modules to push the forcefield forward or do something akin to what direwolf did with his "destroyer of worlds". It will still take a lot of time but its atleast a lot faster and more controlled than the other alternatives.

Did try treecapitator, first block breaks on client side,,, Serverside? No clue, it took over 20 minutes to capitate the tree and thus I got bored and killed it ^^*

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
A Forcefield miner should be able to get rid of it in a reasonable time,,, Just needs a lot of power...

Go to Y-level 128 or the like. Forcefield projector, 128 range upgrades into the up slots, 128 in the left and right slots. Then a desintegrator module, gather module, and a lot of speed upgrades... Sadly can't remember what any of these modules are actually called ^^* Then you could either start tossing modules to push the forcefield forward or do something akin to what direwolf did with his "destroyer of worlds". It will still take a lot of time but its atleast a lot faster and more controlled than the other alternatives.

Did try treecapitator, first block breaks on client side,,, Serverside? No clue, it took over 20 minutes to capitate the tree and thus I got bored and killed it ^^*
yeah. bad idea to use treecap on it. especially since it breaks all the wood blocks as well as the leaves instantly, and it drops both saplings, logs, and rubber in the process. the entity count alone is enough to kill the server completely. axe of the stream is a better option, since you can choose to take on only a part of the tree at a single time.

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
Would minimizing the render distance work, and then setting the thing ablaze? With only 3x3 (or even 1x1) chunks loaded, the strain on the system isn't that terrible. Then it could be removed with stuff like quarries, fire, or even TNT.

If render distance isn't an option, try to combine a time-delayed destruction method with a spot loader. It will only keep one chunk loaded. Combine that with, say, a Dispenser with a Fire Charge, hook up enough Redstone Repeaters (or other methods of time delay) to give you time to clear the area, and get the hell out of the rendered area before the contraption is activated.

Or if you really hate your PC, empty a bucket of lava over the top of the canopy.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Would minimizing the render distance work, and then setting the thing ablaze? With only 3x3 (or even 1x1) chunks loaded, the strain on the system isn't that terrible. Then it could be removed with stuff like quarries, fire, or even TNT.

If render distance isn't an option, try to combine a time-delayed destruction method with a spot loader. It will only keep one chunk loaded. Combine that with, say, a Dispenser with a Fire Charge, hook up enough Redstone Repeaters (or other methods of time delay) to give you time to clear the area, and get the hell out of the rendered area before the contraption is activated.

Or if you really hate your PC, empty a bucket of lava over the top of the canopy.
if only one chunk is loaded, then only that chunk would get cleared. chunk loaded explosions are funny that way. I set off a nuke with only that chunk loaded once to test. a clean 16x16 shaft almost to bedrock :D

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
^That was the idea. Clearing one chunk at a time is less strenous for your computer. As progress goes along, blocks will be removed and it will be safe to load more chunks at a time. Eventually you have little enough left to clear it all with a well-placed nuke (or similar).

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
^That was the idea. Clearing one chunk at a time is less strenous for your computer. As progress goes along, blocks will be removed and it will be safe to load more chunks at a time. Eventually you have little enough left to clear it all with a well-placed nuke (or similar).
chunk loading turtles are your savior then... program one to toodle on in, place down a nuke and detonate it. turtles are cheap after all, and so are chunk loading turtles once you have some decent mobfarms and stuff.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Truth be told the easiest way would be to delete the thing with world edit or MCEdit.