Sacred rubber sapling "ruined" my world... what can i do?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • The FTB Forum is now read-only, and is here as an archive. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I planted a sacred oak once as i didn't know what it was, and it took me quite a while to clear it from the middle of my base. I ended up going into creative and destroying the last few leaf clumps as they don't despawn as normal. (This was after i accidentally burnt down half my tower trying to flint and steel the leaves. )

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
I had once this problem.. I deleted it in less than 10 minutes in world edit xD It takes a while because it has to process it but you wont have any problem..

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Too bad you don't have a Wrath Igniter any more :p Would be an easy fix.

Reactions: Padfoote

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
And what about stopping it? Not so easy of a fix Haha
Cool thing about the wrath igniter was that it only burned the kind of item that you ignited in the first place. So you could ignite the leaves and the "special fire" would leave the logs completely alone :p But ofc it would spawn off a few random spots of normal fire that might spread a bit here and there. But the wrath igniter was great for burning down the trunk of an entire tree and not touch anything else.

Reactions: Padfoote

lukethedude

Jul 29, 2019
Cool thing about the wrath igniter was that it only burned the kind of item that you ignited in the first place. So you could ignite the leaves and the "special fire" would leave the logs completely alone :p But ofc it would spawn off a few random spots of normal fire that might spread a bit here and there. But the wrath igniter was great for burning down the trunk of an entire tree and not touch anything else.
Something I did not know! Thank you sir

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
heya!

I recently automated a rubber farm, and somehow the planter had planted a sacred rubber sapling (dont know where it came from).

i took it, and like a fool, planed and bonemealed it.

Now the thing is towering above EVERYTHING and essentially ruined my base and all the area around.

I tried quickly turning saves off, and closing (no exit command) the servr hoping that wouldnt save, but no luck.

Is there a command to remove all of a specific block? (i would use it with rubber leaves and wood)

Thanks!

Easy solve TiCo lumber axe. All some with 4 or 3 Moss balls. Solved

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

You are both kidding right ?. o.o

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
to the clever bros suggesting to ignite the thing to remove it, clearly you haven't considered the impact of several thousand fire spread and light tick updates that would create. the trunk alone is four chunks at the base, the canopy is an order of magnitude more. just don't do that on something this size or you are gonna have a bad time >.> .

CreepaCatcha

Jul 29, 2019
I was just thinking, would it be reasonable to burn the sapling, but then give yourself a ton of rubber?

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
i cant find the MFR configs to disable this. This is horrible for a server, is it listed as something else?

i can see people using these to greif. thats TOO big of an area