Running Red: Help Venting and Discussion Thread!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
It. Won't. Stop. Bleeding!
"AAAAAAAAH!" *runs around spraying blood everywhere*

TBH I haven't tried this pack out yet. I probably should, but I think I'd prefer to challenge maps with a friend. And totally not to use them as a replenishing, blood-based, battery.

Reactions: pc_assassin

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Blegh. I have a lot of things to fix today. I'm doing a rather small update today, so if I can figure out the server thing, I'll push that out too. Just as a precaution: Are you sure it's loading the world packaged with the server?

Reactions: GreatOrator

Spektral

Jul 29, 2019
Blegh. I have a lot of things to fix today. I'm doing a rather small update today, so if I can figure out the server thing, I'll push that out too. Just as a precaution: Are you sure it's loading the world packaged with the server?
I believe it is because it spawned the island once after loosing all lives but one but had no items due to deaths

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I updated this evening and discovered that my TC tables no longer access adjoining inventories.

2014-09-22_21.13.13.png 2014-09-22_21.13.14.png

and now they do.... odd it changed I actually rebooted the entire system, and tried before posting my OP....... oh well, I guess the puter wants to make a liar of me.

Last edited:

Roland057

Jul 29, 2019
So I updated Running Red from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and now my existing world won't open. I click start world, and it says loading terrain, then almost immediately says shutting down internal server and then goes back to the FTB launcher. Starting a new world works fine but I was hoping someone could possibly help me figure out why my old world won't work.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Well this is fun.

I tried disabling the RailCraft hidden blocks. No idea it would react so badly. That was literally the only thing changed in the update.

Pushed a hotfix

viniciup

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, I'm having trouble finding the bats for the wool of bat thing. I'm aware that the neutral mobs have a spawn cap on MC, so I'm keeping the world clean, but they aren't spawning whatsoever, even on the mob tower I created to get blood to the altar.

Can anyone tip me a easier way to get my hands on these wool?

Thanks in advance!

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, I'm having trouble finding the bats for the wool of bat thing. I'm aware that the neutral mobs have a spawn cap on MC, so I'm keeping the world clean, but they aren't spawning whatsoever, even on the mob tower I created to get blood to the altar.

Can anyone tip me a easier way to get my hands on these wool?

Thanks in advance!
I'm surprised you're having issues. I've had them spawn several times in the empty slots of my oreberry farm. Could you have a bunch trapped in your tower?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I fell off the starting island in the first two minutes and that was my only attempt so far. LOL I guess I'm just not really into these "connect the dots" type of modpacks where you have to follow that book you get and complete the tasks in order.

I also got an error about Railcraft mismatched item ID or something when I played it, but I just clicked "ignore" or whatever.

TrickNeal

Jul 29, 2019
I'm loving this pack but having a bit of trouble. I've gotten as far as needing to "craft" bone meal, but whenever i make a mob spawn platform or room I get griefed by creepers before I can kill a skelly. Is there a less dangerous way to do this or maybe a cheaty cfg change i can make to at least disable mobGriefing?

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I'm loving this pack but having a bit of trouble. I've gotten as far as needing to "craft" bone meal, but whenever i make a mob spawn platform or room I get griefed by creepers before I can kill a skelly. Is there a less dangerous way to do this or maybe a cheaty cfg change i can make to at least disable mobGriefing?
Sounds like you need to setup a fall damage based grinder.