Running Red: Help Venting and Discussion Thread!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zigian

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Gideon, just a minor balancing thing, unless you intended this. I thought I read somewhere where you wanted the main ore source to be oreberries to prevent automation. Well, the cheap autonomous activators + ritual of the green grove netted me I'd guess 20 stacks of iron oreberries from 8 bushes in like 1/2 an hour. Could possibly curb it with the expensive auto activator recipe like in AgSkies. Even then though, diamonds become cheap enough to justify the iron used in the iron+gold recipe for them. Loving this pack. Keep it up!

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I'm loving this pack but having a bit of trouble. I've gotten as far as needing to "craft" bone meal, but whenever i make a mob spawn platform or room I get griefed by creepers before I can kill a skelly. Is there a less dangerous way to do this or maybe a cheaty cfg change i can make to at least disable mobGriefing?
You can craft a bonemeal bag, then back into bone meal. I'm planning on changing that to a detection quest in the future.
Hey Gideon, just a minor balancing thing, unless you intended this. I thought I read somewhere where you wanted the main ore source to be oreberries to prevent automation. Well, the cheap autonomous activators + ritual of the green grove netted me I'd guess 20 stacks of iron oreberries from 8 bushes in like 1/2 an hour. Could possibly curb it with the expensive auto activator recipe like in AgSkies. Even then though, diamonds become cheap enough to justify the iron used in the iron+gold recipe for them. Loving this pack. Keep it up!
Intended.

Mythos123

Jul 29, 2019
If you don`t know also the mfr harvester can be used to get oreberries so you coul easy build a large oreberry farm and let it run whitout doing anything

Zigian

Jul 29, 2019
If you don`t know also the mfr harvester can be used to get oreberries so you coul easy build a large oreberry farm and let it run whitout doing anything
I figured as much. I had originally intended on using MFR Harvesters, but didn't know how to get ferrous metal. After I posted about the activators, I found another post saying you could actually pulverize the iron oreberries to get ferrous metal as a byproduct. Up until then, I thought ferrous was unobtainable except for bees, which means the mfr harvester was out in the short term. So, activators were my next idea and can be done fairly early game. I totally missed in NEI that ferrous was a byproduct of pulverized iron oreberries. Ah well. Just make it harder on myself, lol.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
So far so good...first time seriously playing with a magic mod. Made it to the nether last night, found the fortress, and called it a day. Still not a magic mod fan, but I'll say its interesting. The difficulty is "meh" but the challenge is more build strategy and tech/magic progression. I'm using as little tech as possible to force myself to learn the magic. :) The lore/story is what really makes the difference. Great job.
Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk

Zigian

Jul 29, 2019
Any trick to get the "Doll of Death" quest to detect the poppet? I have it in my inventory, but when I click Manual Detect, nothing happens.

rextron

Jul 29, 2019
@Gideonseymour
my nether portal spawned over 380 meters away from the check point. Ive died several times from ghasts trying to lay a long path. am I missing something here? I tried creating a second portal in the overworld to shorten the distance but its the same output portal. I'm on my last life and would really rather not throw the work i've done away so far. I really like this quest otherwise. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Last edited:

viniciup

Jul 29, 2019
I'm surprised you're having issues. I've had them spawn several times in the empty slots of my oreberry farm. Could you have a bunch trapped in your tower?
No, just once in a while, i have it spawning in my mob tower, but now, because I have a Well of Suffering ritual ongoing, my mob tower is sealed, so i cant even know if they are spawning.

@gydeonseymour
On the quest He Burns Me Skin, the "We are all a bunch of liars" part tells we need to kill a mob, but I can't figure out what mob is this, because altough it shows a wither skeleton head on the icon, I'm still thinking its a Wither. Am I correct? I went to the nether fortress and killed a bunch of wither skeletons (got only one head, that boosts my altar to 5k + yay!

hblvRMz.jpg

This modpack is insane. I'm loving it so far. Thanks for this!

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
No, just once in a while, i have it spawning in my mob tower, but now, because I have a Well of Suffering ritual ongoing, my mob tower is sealed, so i cant even know if they are spawning.

@gydeonseymour
On the quest He Burns Me Skin, the "We are all a bunch of liars" part tells we need to kill a mob, but I can't figure out what mob is this, because altough it shows a wither skeleton head on the icon, I'm still thinking its a Wither. Am I correct? I went to the nether fortress and killed a bunch of wither skeletons (got only one head, that boosts my altar to 5k + yay!

hblvRMz.jpg

This modpack is insane. I'm loving it so far. Thanks for this!
If you're in Demolition Lovers, it would be the Wither.

And I just found a typo.

Reactions: viniciup

viniciup

Jul 29, 2019
Lol. Dont push urself too hard.

Ur doing an amazing job!

Btw, what block u think is the most efficient to prevent the Wither griefing upon death?

I only know the Thaumcraft warding thing...

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Quick tips
Mob farm from your altar, asap
Notch apple for tier 3+ orbs are awesome, so much regen
For the nether quest, IF YOU HAVE LIVES TO SPARE, get over the forteress with nothing and jump at the point. You will die, but hey, quest completed
And those who didnt see gideon livestream, blood can be places in the nether

shifperior

Jul 29, 2019
plz help
cannot get any bats to spawn so I'm pretty much stuck now.
need the wool of bat to make redstone soup to infuse myself

shifperior

Jul 29, 2019
and to let you know i have a 12x12 room which is totally dark but all that is spawning is hostile mobs
i've kept my on it for atleast 2 hours by now and i have gone away from it for 20 minutes before checking for bats again

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
and to let you know i have a 12x12 room which is totally dark but all that is spawning is hostile mobs
i've kept my on it for atleast 2 hours by now and i have gone away from it for 20 minutes before checking for bats again
make it lower, like under 60

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
@Gideonseymour
my nether portal spawned over 380 meters away from the check point. Ive died several times from ghasts trying to lay a long path. am I missing something here? I tried creating a second portal in the overworld to shorten the distance but its the same output portal. I'm on my last life and would really rather not throw the work i've done away so far. I really like this quest otherwise. Thanks for any help you can provide.

I imagine the distance is intended. One thing helps here: a jetpack. Rather than deal with the ghasts while I was slabbing out, I just jetted away and came back later. You'll want one anyway to dispatch blazes.

shifperior

Jul 29, 2019
I imagine the distance is intended. One thing helps here: a jetpack. Rather than deal with the ghasts while I was slabbing out, I just jetted away and came back later. You'll want one anyway to dispatch blazes.
it's not easy to get a jetpack unless you get lucky with a reward bag
you can easily make flight potions in the alchemic chemistry set with a weak binding agent, a feather and a potion flask then you can extend the duration of it
using lenghthening catalysts combined with your potion and a another feather
if you run out of swigs just use a filling agent
note: this potion gives you creative mode flight so you have to double tap to fly