Running Red: Help Venting and Discussion Thread!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

shifperior

Jul 29, 2019
the bats problem has been solved but now i'm having trouble with creepers.
in my mob tower i have conveyer belts to move the mobs instead of water because i want enderman. however sometimes these creeper explode when they die (have no idea why) and it destroys my conveyer belt but not any blocks
is this a bug or something cause it has become very annoying
thanks in advance

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
in my mob tower i have conveyer belts to move the mobs instead of water because i want enderman. however sometimes these creeper explode when they die (have no idea why) and it destroys my conveyer belt but not any blocks
thanks in advance

Creepers drop seeds from pneumaticraft that can explode and break conveyers this might be your problem ?
Still they shouldnt be dying in the spawn area?

I had to redesign my mob trap a few times to cope with mob griefing :p
I found fans a cheap option to move mobs as I had plenty of iron.

Reactions: shifperior

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
thanks in advance
Have something like
Conveyor-conveyor-drop
Block-block-air
Block-block-air
Block-block-slab

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
How do I operate a blood dynamo? The only source of documentation Google offers me is the official FTB wiki, which (as usual) I can't get to load either from home or from work.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, so it has to be pumped? I tried it directly with a bucket, since that's the precedent set by TE's own dynamos and machines... and also by sacrificing some hearts over it. Oh well, at least it's now baptized? :p

Since it has no GUI, is there any way to tell how much blood is held inside it (Divination Sigil maybe?)?

Would experiment, but stuck at work.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, so it has to be pumped? I tried it directly with a bucket, since that's the precedent set by TE's own dynamos and machines... and also by sacrificing some hearts over it. Oh well, at least it's now baptized? :p

Since it has no GUI, is there any way to tell how much blood is held inside it (Divination Sigil maybe?)?

Would experiment, but stuck at work.
Not that I know of. I just know it has a 4 bucket internal buffer (if my tests were correct)

Zigian

Jul 29, 2019
Spoiler alert I guess.

I'm having trouble spawning the Lord of Torment. You see, I mined all the dirt out under the stone circle as there was no indication that it was needed later on. I also destroyed the witch spawners. Luckily I hadn't scavenged the cracked stone bricks and cobble. So, I went back, put dirt under it, and the scroll just keeps saying I must be dead center of a stone circle. Well I'm standing where the water used to be. I even took a bucket of water back. I looked up youtube videos on it and I'm standing where I need to be. Still won't work. If this is a required spot later on, way later than when you first discover it, it needs to be non-breakable or something. At this point, I'm stuck and absolutely cannot complete this quest. Perhaps maybe adding another stone circle with a "go to this spot" quest as the first part of the summoning the Lord of Torment?

firefox1234

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a little problem with the Brewing Death quest~ I've brewed myself a potion of flight, but it won't recognise it? Does it have to be a certain duration, or is this a bug?

EDIT Never mind, it randomly updated just then... Weird >.>

rextron

Jul 29, 2019
I am having trouble just getting regular seeds to grow wheat. I have progressed to the pneumaticcraft portion where it is required to have seeds. I dont remember getting them as a quest reward and I haven't died yet so i don't think I dropped it. Is there something I missed? I am really enjoying this pack, great job!

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Remember the first island you get to, the one with the life essence pool? It's covered in grass. You can bonemeal grass blocks to spawn tall grass, which you can then break for a chance of obtaining seeds. It took me a while because at first all i got were useless Witchery seeds (I chose the Pneumatricraft route as well), but eventually I got some. As soon as you have one, you can plant it anywhere and use ExtraUtil's OP watering can to grow wheat and get any number of seeds you want in short order.

In the meantime, I'm having absolutely awful luck with scented artificial hives. 0 successes out of 5 tries so far, despite meeting the requirements as described on a wiki I found on google. They're 8000LP each to replace. And even should one succeed, I'd still have to win the ignoble/pristine lottery before I can breed anything. I'm honestly tempted to just say "screw bees" entirely beyond a pair of basic bee houses. I hope it isn't a requirement to progress.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

rextron

Jul 29, 2019
THANK YOU SO MUCH! i forgot about the bonemeal on grass i spent 15 minutes watering the grass and just thought there was no tall grass. >.< thanks again.

Zigian

Jul 29, 2019
Spoiler alert I guess.

I'm having trouble spawning the Lord of Torment. You see, I mined all the dirt out under the stone circle as there was no indication that it was needed later on. I also destroyed the witch spawners. Luckily I hadn't scavenged the cracked stone bricks and cobble. So, I went back, put dirt under it, and the scroll just keeps saying I must be dead center of a stone circle. Well I'm standing where the water used to be. I even took a bucket of water back. I looked up youtube videos on it and I'm standing where I need to be. Still won't work. If this is a required spot later on, way later than when you first discover it, it needs to be non-breakable or something. At this point, I'm stuck and absolutely cannot complete this quest. Perhaps maybe adding another stone circle with a "go to this spot" quest as the first part of the summoning the Lord of Torment?

Ok replying to my own post to help others in case they need to recreate the stone circle like I do. I tested some things out in a test world for this summoning. The stone circle requires the structure AND BOTH witch spawners in the correct locations. The dispenser in the middle is not required. All of the dirt on the level you are standing on must be there. You can mine out underneath the circle, but the dirt on the same level as the spawners must be there.

I would like to suggest again that this be taken into consideration in future releases. Having no prior experience with Witchery and certainly never having summoned a Lord of Torment, players won't know to leave the spawners and circle in tact. With no other stone circle in the near vicinity of the starting island, this is pretty much a modpack breaking problem, especially if you broke one of the witch spawners. The only way to recreate the structure would be to cheat in a spawner and rebuild the circle.

CORRECTION: The spawners aren't needed. Just a solid floor under the structure. I used dirt, not sure if stone would work or not.

Last edited:

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Ok replying to my own post to help others in case they need to recreate the stone circle like I do. I tested some things out in a test world for this summoning. The stone circle requires the structure AND BOTH witch spawners in the correct locations. The dispenser in the middle is not required. All of the dirt on the level you are standing on must be there. You can mine out underneath the circle, but the dirt on the same level as the spawners must be there.

I would like to suggest again that this be taken into consideration in future releases. Having no prior experience with Witchery and certainly never having summoned a Lord of Torment, players won't know to leave the spawners and circle in tact. With no other stone circle in the near vicinity of the starting island, this is pretty much a modpack breaking problem, especially if you broke one of the witch spawners. The only way to recreate the structure would be to cheat in a spawner and rebuild the circle.

CORRECTION: The spawners aren't needed. Just a solid floor under the structure. I used dirt, not sure if stone would work or not.
Fly around, I've find some other circles within 1000 range

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Fly around, I've find some other circles within 1000 range
Yeah, there is one near a slime island, which is in the opposite direction to the one which you spawn near.
If you look at the circle, standing on the spawn island, and we call the direction you face north.
Head SSW and you will come across them, providing you have your render distance on far, it should be easy to spot the slime island. Once you have found that, there is a circle about 100 blocks away from that :)

Zigian

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, ok. I don't know how I missed it. I flew around for like 30 minutes before giving up and starting up a test world to figure out how to rebuild the stone circle. Thanks for replying. Hope this helps out others with the same issue.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Remember the first island you get to, the one with the life essence pool? It's covered in grass. You can bonemeal grass blocks to spawn tall grass, which you can then break for a chance of obtaining seeds. It took me a while because at first all i got were useless Witchery seeds (I chose the Pneumatricraft route as well), but eventually I got some. As soon as you have one, you can plant it anywhere and use ExtraUtil's OP watering can to grow wheat and get any number of seeds you want in short order.

In the meantime, I'm having absolutely awful luck with scented artificial hives. 0 successes out of 5 tries so far, despite meeting the requirements as described on a wiki I found on google. They're 8000LP each to replace. And even should one succeed, I'd still have to win the ignoble/pristine lottery before I can breed anything. I'm honestly tempted to just say "screw bees" entirely beyond a pair of basic bee houses. I hope it isn't a requirement to progress.
IIRC, as long as you get a princess and a drone, you only need to wait for them to give you a comb before progressing