RotaryCraft Questions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of bedrock gearboxes ... I managed to get a bedrock breaker running with a buttload of chained hydrothingies.

But I noticed that bedrock on my map is just levels 1 & 2, so it's turning but not actually grinding anything. Shouldn't RoC create a ticker bedrock layer tick enough to have some meat to munch into?

Someone suggested going for the nether roof instead, but that means I can't use my hydro engines :(

Can you verify which version you are running? Bedrock Breaker is one of the machines that gets a lot of attention, so it can change behavior version to version. Also, check your config for anything relating to it. Monster 1.1.2 has v23b, and it can absolutely break the bedrock at layer 2 in the overworld. I know because I did it:)

Or, through the glory of Geostrata time accels, you can get a single extractor running at x128 it's speed with only the minimal power/speed/torque required!

(or x256 if you can be arsed to kill the wither 5 times extra)

I'll have to look into that. I've never used it, but I have also always had problems with various time accelerators in the past.

Reactions: Pyure

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I'll have to look into that. I've never used it, but I have also always had problems with various time accelerators in the past.

This behavior does not work in newer version. All RotaryCraft machines have been blacklisted.

Reactions: Pyure

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
This behavior does not work in newer version. All RotaryCraft machines have been blacklisted.

I find that tile accelerators are quite interesting and extremely fun to try and get to. at first I thought it was really easy to make them before I saw that the recipes differed in the clusters or whatever it was, and then I was like oh god this is going to be fun :p

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
What is the chance of getting tungsten from extracting iron? and does the chance increase when using nether iron?

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
What is the chance of getting tungsten from extracting iron? and does the chance increase when using nether iron?
I believe it's 5%. If that's 5 from the # of flakes or the # of ores, I don't know
I don't think nether iron would give you tungsten

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Odd question here. I went into my locally hosted server and put nether iron ore into the extractor, it gave me a byproduct of aluminum dust, not even powder. So I went into singleplayer as I do not ever recall it giving me that before, I tried to put nether iron ore into the extractor in singleplayer and it wouldn't even accept it. I don't quite understand. Any ideas?

It won't even accept the solutions or anything, so I rebooted my client and now it accepts the items from rotarycraft called nether iron solution dust slurry etc but still will not accept the nether iron ore.

Last edited:

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Another interesting thing, I tried putting it in a grinder first, and still nothing happened. I don't ever remembering it doing this before today. I have not edited any configs or ID's or anything.

Edit: did not mean to double post, thought I hit the edit button.

I figured out why it won't work in singleplayer, but that's because im an absolute idiot, I forgot I only edited my servers configs to spawn nether iron ore in the nether and obviously this is why rotarycraft is not accepting it as a valid recipe/item is because it is disabled.
However on the server this still does not make sense why it is not giving me tungsten in the extractor

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Another interesting thing, I tried putting it in a grinder first, and still nothing happened. I don't ever remembering it doing this before today. I have not edited any configs or ID's or anything.

Edit: did not mean to double post, thought I hit the edit button.

I figured out why it won't work in singleplayer, but that's because im an absolute idiot, I forgot I only edited my servers configs to spawn nether iron ore in the nether and obviously this is why rotarycraft is not accepting it as a valid recipe/item is because it is disabled.
However on the server this still does not make sense why it is not giving me tungsten in the extractor

What version do you have?

If you haven't updated it, the versions in FTB you get tungsten from Redstone Ore, not Iron. ( Note that it is vanilla redstone ore, not Nether Redstone. )

Reactions: Bigpak

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Already I was wrong on another thing, I get aluminum powder not dust. I am on version v25z.

zemerick, do you get tungsten from nether iron ore? As in you personally.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Already I was wrong on another thing, I get aluminum powder not dust. I am on version v25z.

zemerick, do you get tungsten from nether iron ore? As in you personally.

I'm on 23b ( Monster 1.1.2 default ), so no. I get it from vanilla Redstone Ore. I would imagine it is the same though, where you need the vanilla overworld Iron Ore, not the Nether Ores Iron Ore.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on 23b ( Monster 1.1.2 default ), so no. I get it from vanilla Redstone Ore. I would imagine it is the same though, where you need the vanilla overworld Iron Ore, not the Nether Ores Iron Ore.

Hm. Thank you for your help. I also assume I can just use the nether iron ore in a furnace to turn it into normal iron ore if I am in a crunch for vanilla iron ore to make tungsten for a gas tungsten. I appreciate your help!

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. Thank you for your help. I also assume I can just use the nether iron ore in a furnace to turn it into normal iron ore if I am in a crunch for vanilla iron ore to make tungsten for a gas tungsten. I appreciate your help!

NP, and good luck:)

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Another question, is it just me or does the bedrock pickaxe behave differently with essence ore? I have added the bedrock pickaxe to veinminer and the essence ore to it and it refuses to veinmine it however the bedrock pickaxe works on everything else except that. Is this on rotarycrafts end or magical crops or veinminer? it just feels like it behaves different than with other pickaxes.

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Another question, is it just me or does the bedrock pickaxe behave differently with essence ore? I have added the bedrock pickaxe to veinminer and the essence ore to it and it refuses to veinmine it however the bedrock pickaxe works on everything else except that. Is this on rotarycrafts end or magical crops or veinminer? it just feels like it behaves different than with other pickaxes.
Considering that essence ore doesn't like to behave with most silk touch mechanics, I wouldn't be surprised if this is on magical crops.