Rotarycraft Fermenter - How can I control the temperature?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
For example, yeast doesn't require any heat source, but when making sludge, it requires about 35 celsius or so. With out having to light, and put out the fire as needed, is there anyway to handle this so I am not always having do it ... cause it is quite annoying.

Will add other questions as I come up with them.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
What version are you using?

From what i know during the daytime the fermenter should work just fine, its just during the night that problems occur.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
What version are you using?

From what i know during the daytime the fermenter should work just fine, its just during the night that problems occur.

Just checked, even during the day the temp seems to only hover around 15 or so celsicus, well below what is needed to make sludge efficiently.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
You can place an external heat source nearby, such as a fire burning on a block of netherrack (lava is likely too hot). Then you also need a cooling fin on top of the fermenter in order to keep it from overheating in turn.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Next question, since when did the Magnetostatic engines require lubricant to run (assuming it does)? The last time I played RoC was around version 19 before they got tiered. Then, all I had to do was plug in the conduit into the back, and it ran. Now, I plug in the conduit, and it does nothing. Upon looking at the GUI further, I noticed it has a tank, which I can only assume is for lubricant. I am trying to get the top tier magneto, but the lack of decent RoC power stands in the way, as I can't power the magnetizer for the tier 2 upgrade.

All that being said, what is a decent path to follow to where I can get a decent amount of lubricant? Almost every power source I can think of using requires lubricant for the engines, or gears (to use em w/o tearing em up). Anyone able to help with suggestions?

You can place an external heat source nearby, such as a fire burning on a block of netherrack (lava is likely too hot). Then you also need a cooling fin on top of the fermenter in order to keep it from overheating in turn.

Thanks.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Next question, since when did the Magnetostatic engines require lubricant to run (assuming it does)? The last time I played RoC was around version 19 before they got tiered. Then, all I had to do was plug in the conduit into the back, and it ran. Now, I plug in the conduit, and it does nothing. Upon looking at the GUI further, I noticed it has a tank, which I can only assume is for lubricant. I am trying to get the top tier magneto, but the lack of decent RoC power stands in the way, as I can't power the magnetizer for the tier 2 upgrade.

1. v25 of rotarycraft added lubricant to magnetostatics.
2. Use steam engines to run fermenters to make ethanol crystals for gasoline/performance engines. Use these to run grinders for lubricant for your magnetostatics.

Or, you know, use the ethanol to make jet fuel for some grownup rotarycraft engines ;)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
You don't even need a steam engine, a DC electric is more than enough for a fermenter and requires a lot less setup/infrastructure.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
You don't even need a steam engine, a DC electric is more than enough for a fermenter and requires a lot less setup/infrastructure.

I honestly don't care what I have to make. I ultimately want those magnetostatic engines, but gonna need a decent stockpile of lubricant first, so need a canola farm going. Which I need something for the fans to put that on autopilot :D. Regardless will need the fuel at some point.[DOUBLEPOST=1412010097][/DOUBLEPOST]How do I make the fuel anyway, or do they run strictly off the crystals?

Last edited:

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I honestly don't care what I have to make. I ultimately want those magnetostatic engines, but gonna need a decent stockpile of lubricant first, so need a canola farm going. Which I need something for the fans to put that on autopilot :D. Regardless will need the fuel at some point.[DOUBLEPOST=1412010097][/DOUBLEPOST]How do I make the fuel anyway, or do they run strictly off the crystals?

Ethanol crystals are the fuel. Dump em in the engine and watch it go.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Ethanol crystals are the fuel. Dump em in the engine and watch it go.

Gotcha. As for getting canola, well a decent amount of it. Is there anyway to do it without using the fan method ... cause that takes a decent amount of power no? or can they all run off DC engines ?

Looking to mass produce the stuff, and resources, or getting them isn't a problem

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Gotcha. As for getting canola, well a decent amount of it. Is there anyway to do it without using the fan method ... cause that takes a decent amount of power no? or can they all run off DC engines ?

Looking to mass produce the stuff, and resources, or getting them isn't a problem

Side note to this is, how long will a fully lubed engine last?

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Side note to this is, how long will a fully lubed engine last?
A while, but long term you'll want to run a pipe to it. Seriously though, trying to force your way through RoC using magnetostatics is going to be pretty painful. It's a LOT easier if you make/power/understand RoC's main engines.

Fans can run off of DC engines, but you'll need more speed. Which means using a gearbox on each one to get the speed up. Personally, my starter lube farm uses Wind turbines with the power distributed to 4 fans per turbine. You could also use one steam engine distributing power to 16, but that's a LOT of shaft junctions, bevel gears, and shafts.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
When I play RoC, I commit fully to RoC.

But I must admit, kind of by definition, anyone who is looking at Magnetostatics is probably (trying to) opt out of the full depth and breadth of RoC.

Reactions: Bigpak and Reika

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
But I must admit, kind of by definition, anyone who is looking at Magnetostatics is probably (trying to) opt out of the full depth and breadth of RoC.

Indeed. It's why it gets increasingly more hilarious with every update to see the amount of background RoC infrastructure you need to run them. If more people would willingly join the RoC master race it wouldn't be necessary ;)

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I admit that I also went directly to magnetostatics when I started playing RotaryCraft (back in version 19 when magnetostatics were not even tiered). But I actually do like the tiered progression system now and the fact that they need a lot more setup work to get operational. Magnetostatics are still very useful as an easy way to get power distributed in your base (i.e. shaft power to RF through tesseract and then back to shaft power) but it is good that you need to go the full RoC way to do this now.

I'm looking forward to trying out RotaryCraft for 1.7.10 on my just started custom modpack. I guess I'll have to relearn a lot.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Aiming for magnetostatics is the wrong way to play RotaryCraft.

Also, you seem unreasonably resentful that you have to use RC to play RC.

When I play RoC, I commit fully to RoC.

I may have misworded my post. I like doing a little bit of everything. Perhaps that is one of my biggest downfalls. I (and it's a character flaw) don't like being locked into doing one thing, but in this case I don't have a choice, but I would like to know the most effective route to take, as I am a bit of a nub with this RoC stuff, and documentation on the net is flaky at best. I am currently on performance engines, which are pretty good, but need to get blazes up, and another fermenter so I can get the ethanol production going full tilt.

I aspire to get a CVT unit ... as I need that to use my hydro-kinetic engine ... it blows up my gearboxes, lol.

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
I may have misworded my post. I like doing a little bit of everything. Perhaps that is one of my biggest downfalls. I (and it's a character flaw) don't like being locked into doing one thing, but in this case I don't have a choice, but I would like to know the most effective route to take, as I am a bit of a nub with this RoC stuff, and documentation on the net is flaky at best. I am currently on performance engines, which are pretty good, but need to get blazes up, and another fermenter so I can get the ethanol production going full tilt.

I aspire to get a CVT unit ... as I need that to use my hydro-kinetic engine ... it blows up my gearboxes, lol.
Just a quick question. How many hydro's are you chaining together? A diamond box should support 4 just fine.