Rotarycraft Fermenter - How can I control the temperature?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Gotcha. As for getting canola, well a decent amount of it. Is there anyway to do it without using the fan method ... cause that takes a decent amount of power no? or can they all run off DC engines ?

Looking to mass produce the stuff, and resources, or getting them isn't a problem

Golems and Lamps of Growth for canola

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
...Oh! I'm guessing they're breaking when you first place them right? If so, that's because you're exceeding the max torque (the default mode for gears).

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
...Oh! I'm guessing they're breaking when you first place them right? If so, that's because you're exceeding the max torque (the default mode for gears).

Yup. Knew that was the case the second I placed one down. I tested this out in my test world by using the CVT, and it was fine after that.

You may know the answer for this. I have two fermenters set up. One is set up to constantly make yeast, provided I have the supplies. The export bus from AE works for that. The other one, I have set to make ethanol crystals, doesn't work with AE for some reason, so I was trying to come up with another way for automating it, if at all possible. Any ideas?

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Bedrock gears can handle it. But if you're using a CVT then that's even better :)

Need bedrock to make the CVT in version 25, so trying to figure out how I can get that power transferred to the nether so I can break some bedrock in the roof area. Cause not sure I will have a T5 magnetostatic anytime soon

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
You are in for a surprise.

You can place an external heat source nearby, such as a fire burning on a block of netherrack (lava is likely too hot). Then you also need a cooling fin on top of the fermenter in order to keep it from overheating in turn.
Going by what I can see for the recipe, I can say it's all that I'm missing.

Side Note I figured out how to automate the ethanol crystals, but I am having a difficult time figuring out how to apply the signal.

I had the dc engine behind the machine for power. The cooling fin on top. Water coming in on the bottom. Import bus on the left. I have a fire on the right. Leaving me just 1 more spot to server to functions, apply the signal, and export items from the system. Unless there is something I am overlooking here.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Progressing through RotaryCraft is more than just crafting.

I'm more then willing to "progress" through it the "right way" if someone is willing to teach me a little, and give me some direction on what I am asking. The handbooks that are in the game, and the wiki is piss poor (imo) in it's way that it's explaining something. I'm really lost with many aspects of this mod, but slowly starting to "get it".

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The handbook and the wiki are mostly just "documentation", i.e. they describe the individual parts. But if you're dissatisfied with the wiki, did you know it is publicly editable? ;)

What you're looking for is a "guide", i.e. a recommendation on how to put the parts together. The handbook doesn't provide this because it leaves the implementation up to the user. Rotarycraft has a lot of horizontal progression, meaning that you can build a lot of the things right away as long as you have the blast furnace. There's just a small number of vertical progression steps where an occasional prerequisite must be fulfilled in order to finish a recipe. As a result, there is no "one path to follow". It's more of a "follow what you need at any given time" kind of thing.

From my experience, the progression can look something like: blast furnace --> dc engine --> fermenter --> gasoline engine --> grinder --> extractor & jet fuel --> turbines & bedrock breaker --> compactor & Reactorcraft entry. As you notice, this list is just a tiny number of the items and blocks in Rotarycraft, because most of them are accessible horizontally at some point in this progression. The actual lineup of hard vertical dependencies as presented here is fairly short.

Reactions: gallowglass

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I had the dc engine behind the machine for power. The cooling fin on top. Water coming in on the bottom. Import bus on the left. I have a fire on the right. Leaving me just 1 more spot to server to functions, apply the signal, and export items from the system. Unless there is something I am overlooking here.

Transvector Interfaces. Was the only way I could automate the fermenter in colder climates, use them for item in and out and use actual Fermenter for heat and redstone.[DOUBLEPOST=1412154573][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm more then willing to "progress" through it the "right way" if someone is willing to teach me a little, and give me some direction on what I am asking. The handbooks that are in the game, and the wiki is piss poor (imo) in it's way that it's explaining something. I'm really lost with many aspects of this mod, but slowly starting to "get it".

To make the tungsten you need 1350C, gotta chain some engines together into a friction heater to get your first bits.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I totally recommend an industrial coil instead of engines, since the friction heater works best when torque and speed are identical.

Plus I tried to do it with a microturbine and gearboxes, and it ended up at 1345 degrees *fistshakes* :p

So I just moved it to the nether together with an industrial coil, and suddenly getting the necessary temperature is effortless.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I totally recommend an industrial coil instead of engines, since the friction heater works best when torque and speed are identical.

Plus I tried to do it with a microturbine and gearboxes, and it ended up at 1345 degrees *fistshakes* :p

So I just moved it to the nether together with an industrial coil, and suddenly getting the necessary temperature is effortless.

Yup, same thing happened to me;) Luckily for me I had a Gas Turbine from a version before you needed Tungsten to make it so kinda cheated my way around it.