RFTools - Support and Suggestions

dbt

Jul 29, 2019
Quick update -- I was able to find a workaround by protecting a block, picking it up with the not enough wand moving wand, then putting down the block I wanted to protect. Unfortunately, whatever is goosing explosions in this pack (I'm guessing WTF's expeditions) is breaking through the block protector's charms and blowing up the ExUtils2 explosive generator anyway.

Thanks for looking into it, sorry for the wild goose chase.

For those who do want this to protect TEs with GUIs in 1.10, use the moving wand.

M

_Matt

Hi there,

As an admin, how do i get the owner dimlets?

Thanks,
Matt.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
All dimlets have the same id and that number depends on the modpack anyway. Did you enable owner dimlets in the config?

M

_Matt

Yeah i set it to true and restarted the server. Should it just show up when i search for Owner Dimlet or do i need a certain permission node or something like that?

M

_Matt

I've restarted the server again and it has shown up in the NEI. But on the tooltip it says "Something is wrong! Dimlet with key XOwner (id 566) is missing!" Will that still work?

N

NerpyDerpston

I am new to the rftools world(s). can you give a link to a tutorial, or detailed explanation of how to do things so that i can use this thread for it's intended purpose? thanks

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I am new to the rftools world(s). can you give a link to a tutorial, or detailed explanation of how to do things so that i can use this thread for it's intended purpose? thanks

The best place for information is probably the spotlights from Direwolf and the in-game manual.

N

NerpyDerpston

Could you possibly add a larger power generator to hold up to the potentially billions of rf you may need? Just in case someone doesn't want to install any other mods than rf tools and may want multiple good dimensions running at a time

Last edited:

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Could you possibly add a larger power generator to hold up to the potentially billions of rf you may need? Just in case someone doesn't want to install any other mods than rf tools and may want multiple good dimensions running at a time

In all my survival plays I never made a dimension that needed more then 3000 RF/tick. And that was for a mining dimension which was solid up to 128, had extra ores like netherquarts, glowstone, extra dimensional shards and eternal day.

If you use RFTools Dimensions right (hint: efficienciy dimlets) you don't need massive amounts of power.

Also the endergenic generator in RFTools is rather capable of producing 40000 RF/tick or more.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
In all my survival plays I never made a dimension that needed more then 3000 RF/tick. And that was for a mining dimension which was solid up to 128, had extra ores like netherquarts, glowstone, extra dimensional shards and eternal day.

If you use RFTools Dimensions right (hint: efficienciy dimlets) you don't need massive amounts of power.

Also the endergenic generator in RFTools is rather capable of producing 40000 RF/tick or more.
This doesn't really strike me as a great argument against larger capacity energy storage (A much better argument would be: just not interested in implementing right now)

I've made dimensions that required tens of thousands of RF/t fwiw, but that's not really even the compelling argument for storage. People just like storing lots of power against contingencies or for centralized-power solutions.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
This doesn't really strike me as a great argument against larger capacity energy storage (A much better argument would be: just not interested in implementing right now)

I've made dimensions that required tens of thousands of RF/t fwiw, but that's not really even the compelling argument for storage. People just like storing lots of power against contingencies or for centralized-power solutions.

The original question was not about storage but power generation. Also RFTools has a multi-block power storage solution that can store 4 million RF per block. May not be massive but I'm not a big fan of powercreep either.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The original question was not about storage but power generation. Also RFTools has a multi-block power storage solution that can store 4 million RF per block. May not be massive but I'm not a big fan of powercreep either.
Haha seriously? I'm an idiot. Upon reading back, you're right, I'm wrong.

Thanks Jitty. Now, how about an amazingly new and different and unique power storage solution? (mostly joking)