RFTools - Support and Suggestions

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Makes me wanna play Space Engineers... Ohh wait I have been.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
The builder will get support for these shapes as well:

STSs8J4.png

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I'm working hard on completely overhauling the user interfaces in RFTools. These have commonly be seen as very ugly and that's why I want to do something about that.

First I now added five different styles for the buttons. You can switch between them at runtime from in the game (using the 'style' button): http://imgur.com/a/GSHIh

Then I also worked on what was probably the ugliest UI in RFTools: the modular screens. Note that this is a dynamic GUI which is driven by the modules that are presented in it so it is slightly harder to get a good layout. Here you can see the modular screen gui in two of the five possible styles:
http://i.imgur.com/B6ZQqgn.png
http://i.imgur.com/keU20gb.png

In any case, let me know what you think of the current style. I'm personally rather happy and I'm now going to continue going through all the 46 different windows that RFTools has and fix them one by one :)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I'm working hard on completely overhauling the user interfaces in RFTools. These have commonly be seen as very ugly and that's why I want to do something about that.

First I now added five different styles for the buttons. You can switch between them at runtime from in the game (using the 'style' button): http://imgur.com/a/GSHIh

Then I also worked on what was probably the ugliest UI in RFTools: the modular screens. Note that this is a dynamic GUI which is driven by the modules that are presented in it so it is slightly harder to get a good layout. Here you can see the modular screen gui in two of the five possible styles:
http://i.imgur.com/B6ZQqgn.png
http://i.imgur.com/keU20gb.png

In any case, let me know what you think of the current style. I'm personally rather happy and I'm now going to continue going through all the 46 different windows that RFTools has and fix them one by one :)
Snazzy! I think I like the bevel gradient buttons the most, with the flat gradient buttons coming in a close second.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

zerolightning

Jul 29, 2019
So i need some help, so i created a dimension, and i started to explore, all fine , and then i start to get attacked by ghasts, so i used the charged porter to get home but instead of teleporting me home, it killed me and said something like the target dissapeared.And the reciever and porter at full power, any guesses why i died?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Best guess, you accidentally pointed your porter at a different receiver at some point instead of home. And your other receiver no longer exists or is no longer powered.

zerolightning

Jul 29, 2019
Best guess, you accidentally pointed your porter at a different receiver at some point instead of home. And your other receiver no longer exists or is no longer powered.
It was a server-side problem, i needed to replace the matter reciever

Hazmatik

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion: Add blood altar support to Machine Information Module for screens. The fluid module and inventory modules work with it would be nice if there was a way to have the screens show it's progress % like sigil of sight does.

Reactions: Lethosos

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@McJty, I'm curious: if I use your builder for quarrying, i notice I'm not scooping up resonant energy crystals. Is this a case of tile entities being skipped? And is this a deliberate design preference?

edit: actually, you answered this 7 months ago on reddit.

jitty said:
Well my quarry will leave tile entities alone so if that coke oven is made out of tile entities (and machines usually are) then nothing will happen. If there were parts of the multiblock that are not tile entities then indeed this can happen and the coke oven might continue working.
I wonder if it would present overly-serious balance issues if you whitelisted specific tile entities in your own packs. Like deep resonance crystals.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
@McJty, I'm curious: if I use your builder for quarrying, i notice I'm not scooping up resonant energy crystals. Is this a case of tile entities being skipped? And is this a deliberate design preference?

edit: actually, you answered this 7 months ago on reddit.

I wonder if it would present overly-serious balance issues if you whitelisted specific tile entities in your own packs. Like deep resonance crystals.

You can actually enable tile entity support for the builder/quarry. It is in the config

B

belgariondunkelseele

I do not know if there´s a client side log of this...

After Painstakingkly shielding all of my base in Templates, beign below the max of Shield Tier 4 (had the exact amount of Templates crafted, did not use all) it jsut crashes :(

internal exception io.netty.handler.codec.decoderexception: Packet was larger than i expected, found 65083 bytes whilst reading packet 53

is the message i get :(

so i just asked my admin to reset it to an earlier backup before i did all this... (private server, 3 players, none online but me, so not that much of a problem)

Still... not beeing able to use something within specificatiopns is not nice :(

or as i see above, some people do have large shields... why´s mine crashin then? :(

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
This bug is fixed in later versions of rftools but yes, you should be careful with huge shields like that

B

belgariondunkelseele

damn... and a later version is not available for ftb infinity as it is on 1.7.10 :(

or can i just take another, higher version? but i guess not? So... no big shields for me, thx for the answer and sorry for the double post, I', new to all these forum and have not yet found everything that´s interlinked :)

dbt

Jul 29, 2019
Hey McJty -- I am trying to use the block protector on a machine with a GUI and I'm not able to use shift-right-click (the wrench says "selected block cleared"), right click (opens machine GUI), left click (does nothing) or the conduit trick (it figures out when the block disappears now and unprotects the space). Suggestions on how to do this?

RFTools 1.1x-5.82, in the Black Sun pack on Curse.