RFTools - Support and Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Well it is a mob spawner. It uses the syringe system that is already part of RFTools to spawn all creatures for which a dimlet exists (in next versions of RFTools you will also be able to make dimlets for non-vanilla mobs too btw).

The idea is that you spawn mobs using material that you send to the spawner from the matter beamers (the yellow blocks). The materials that you need to spawn a mob depends on the mob itself. For example, for a blaze you will need a blaze rod (but one blaze rod can spawn you 10 blazes so you get profit), netherack as well as some life material (leaf blocks, saplings, ...). If you have enough lasers feeding these three materials into the spawner then you can spawn blazes. If you have more lasers you can increase spawn rate (and infusion helps too).

It is not ready yet but when it is it is going to be a powerful spawner that can go VERY fast indeed but you need to do some setup work before you get at that stage.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
@McJty

Ive been playing with your mod a lot lately learning it little by little but I have a question and to get some advice from you. Ive been making different worlds here and there just to learn but one of the worlds I made was a gelid cyrothem age for a reactor. I made it Single Biome Ocean with the gelid cyro. Liquid dimlet, no other effects,features etc. This made the world cost ~ 250K/T to keep it running which was quite hard but a few nether star generators did the trick, is this a normal amount for an age like this as I feel it’s a little excessive? Im all for balance so if that’s what you decided to do for balance that fine but is there any way to lower it other than an efficiency dimlet as ive yet to find one of those? I’ve tried other liquid ages and the cost were similar but then I’ve made a few flat cobble world with orbs with different ore such as nether iridium, glowstone etc and the cost was only a few thousand RF so im confused the huge difference in cost. Thanks for your time!

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
@McJty

Ive been playing with your mod a lot lately learning it little by little but I have a question and to get some advice from you. Ive been making different worlds here and there just to learn but one of the worlds I made was a gelid cyrothem age for a reactor. I made it Single Biome Ocean with the gelid cyro. Liquid dimlet, no other effects,features etc. This made the world cost ~ 250K/T to keep it running which was quite hard but a few nether star generators did the trick, is this a normal amount for an age like this as I feel it’s a little excessive? Im all for balance so if that’s what you decided to do for balance that fine but is there any way to lower it other than an efficiency dimlet as ive yet to find one of those? I’ve tried other liquid ages and the cost were similar but then I’ve made a few flat cobble world with orbs with different ore such as nether iridium, glowstone etc and the cost was only a few thousand RF so im confused the huge difference in cost. Thanks for your time!
Have you tried lakes or liquid orbs of gelid cryotheum rather than oceans? I know that terrain made of expensive materials costs much more than orbs, tendrils, etc. of those materials, so I would only imagine that smaller amounts of expensive liquids would cost less, too.

Reactions: McJty

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
@McJty

As @Someone Else 37 already told you (funny to say it like this) you should indeed use lakes of liquid orbs for the material. Also if you are late enough in game you should be able to make your own efficienciy dimlets using the dimlet workbench. On the other hand 250K/T seems more then it should be. Have you been upgrading from earlier versions of rftools? Did you delete the rftools config files from time to time? You should because I sometimes change the balancing values. For the dimension you already made it will then be too late but I have the feeling you're using olddated config values.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
The new RFTools spawner GUI hints at the mechanics. You need a correct syringe, RF, and some materials. The speed of spawning is limited by the amount of power + materials that you can send to it (the materials are sent with the lasers)

UYeB8s6.png

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
The new RFTools spawner GUI hints at the mechanics. You need a correct syringe, RF, and some materials. The speed of spawning is limited by the amount of power + materials that you can send to it (the materials are sent with the lasers)
Looks cool
Will it only work for vanilla mobs? How much materials does it consume compared to what the mobs drop?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Looks cool
Will it only work for vanilla mobs? How much materials does it consume compared to what the mobs drop?

Well you can see the amounts in the GUI above. It needs 0.1 iron ingot, 50 dirt blocks and 0.1 poppy for every iron golem (these are balancing values subject to change). So at this moment you can get 10 iron golems out of a single ingot + poppy (but you need 500 dirt blocks).

By default it only works for the vanilla mobs. i.e. it works for all mobs for which there exists a dimlet (that includes the Ender dragon, the wither, villagers and so on).

But I made it configurable. In the next version of RFTools you will be able to add dimlets for all possible mobs out there. So a modpack maker can add dimlets for various types of mod specific mobs. And if a dimlet exists then the spawner will work too.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Ooo. *starts hoarding gold, skeleton skulls, and marble for a Headcrumbs Celebrity spawner*

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
As @Someone Else 37 already told you (funny to say it like this) you should indeed use lakes of liquid orbs for the material. Also if you are late enough in game you should be able to make your own efficienciy dimlets using the dimlet workbench. On the other hand 250K/T seems more then it should be. Have you been upgrading from earlier versions of rftools? Did you delete the rftools config files from time to time? You should because I sometimes change the balancing values. For the dimension you already made it will then be too late but I have the feeling you're using olddated config values.

Yea i believe the liquid orbs will be the best way, i honestly never messed with the liquid orbs until right before Someone Else 37 mentioned it, it is a pain to keep moving orb to orb but the cost difference makes up for that. I have made dimlets before, the gelid cyro. being one of them(this took forever lol) but i havent looked into making efficiency dimlets so ill look into that. Regarding the configs they are up to date. Im on a server and we started it up on 1.2.1 and haven't updated to 1.3 or1.3.1 yet as they just came out so we were current on the configs. I did make the mining age on your website, dimlet for dimlet and that was aprox. ~3500Rf/t if i remember right does that sound right?

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
One aspect of Minecraft that I've longed to toy with is making its sky spin at different rates. All the useful examples I've got:
  1. even faster (as fast as sky bodies don't jump around)
  2. faster (cannot help with example here)
  3. normal; MC default day-night cycle.
  4. slower (like Skyrim); MC day-night cycle of 48 mins ~ 1 hour.
  5. even slower (like real life); MC day-night cycle of 24 hours.
  6. none (e.g. Evening)
If you're coding a dimension then coolness of adding this dimlet parameter seems obvious to me. I think adding these six dimlets would be good enough. I also suspect it is feasible because you're letting game time advance but holding the sky constant; (for slower) just let the sky slip every so many times and (for faster) slip the sky a few notches every time.

I really hope I get to play with this in the future!

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
One aspect of Minecraft that I've longed to toy with is making its sky spin at different rates. All the useful examples I've got:
  1. even faster (as fast as sky bodies don't jump around)
  2. faster (cannot help with example here)
  3. normal; MC default day-night cycle.
  4. slower (like Skyrim); MC day-night cycle of 48 mins ~ 1 hour.
  5. even slower (like real life); MC day-night cycle of 24 hours.
  6. none (e.g. Evening)
If you're coding a dimension then coolness of adding this dimlet parameter seems obvious to me. I think adding these six dimlets would be good enough. I also suspect it is feasible because you're letting game time advance but holding the sky constant; (for slower) just let the sky slip every so many times and (for faster) slip the sky a few notches every time.

I really hope I get to play with this in the future!

RFTools already has dimlets to speed up time twice and also reduce speed. It can also make the time constant (eternal day for example). Look at the Time dimlets.

Reactions: AuoroP