Resonance Unleashed - [Closed - merged into Resonant Rise]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'm back again. Miss me? ;)

RU has been updated to 2.0.0.0. That's right, it's world breaking time! (Sorry. :( )

Due to major Forge changes, 1.5.* worlds can't be transferred to 1.6.*. With that in mind, and the fact that FTB appears to be skipping it entirely, the 1.6.* support is yet another fresh start. I'm aware this contradicts what I said in the past, but a lot's changed since I made that statement two months ago.

The 1.6.* support provided is fresh, new and experimental, currently being submitted as the official configs for Resonant Rise - although that status is not yet assured! - so feedback on this is very welcome indeed as I can pass it on and refine the configs as I need to. There will be a lot you recognise in this config pack, a lot you won't, and some noticable yet unavoidable absences, which I will try to reintroduce to the pack as soon as they're available.

1.5.* support has been updated to the latest versions of FTB and RR (sorry that took so long!!) and frozen - it will not be updated any further past this point unless there is a really serious world-breaking issue. I've also added the legacy 1.4.* support back in for anyone still playing Ultimate. That too will not be changed further, so what you see now is all you're going to get.

1.6.* and beyond is the future here, folks. I hunger for feedback! :3

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
RU v2.1.0.0 is now out!

Nothing has been removed (yay!), but I got some requests for extra mods to support and NEI Plugins released overnight, so an update was in order. Despite the big number increment this patch is fairly minor, so this update post is pretty brief.

Happy crafting!

ejmiv89

Jul 29, 2019
Hey thanks for all your effort on making this compatible with the latest RR, I never knew how much fun it would be until now! Side Note, hey a project that Landrash was doing dropped about a month or so ago, but I was looking for someone skilled in the configs to possibly include support for the other FTB packs, check this out-http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/1iqrhu/unleashedunhinged_configs/ - I've tried using this, because it includes support for a long loved mod that seems to have some odd dynamic ID #'s ArsMagica. Not asking you to support it per se, just wondering if you could cook up a 'patch' like ya did back in the MC 1.4.7 days, where you made alternate support patch for AMPZ/DRPG (<I know those are done being supported, and you moved on) Thanks if you decide to at least look at it.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
So, seeing as you may have noticed (but probably not) I now work on RR and my configs are now its official configs. Considering that, posting configs on their own here would be a conflict of interest - if you want to use them you might as well just play Resonant Rise now. :)

This also means I won't work on configs for FTB anymore. I was letting this thread die quietly but y'know, things happen. ;P

For reference, internally RU is now at v2.6.0.0. ;)

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
So, seeing as you may have noticed (but probably not) I now work on RR and my configs are now its official configs. Considering that, posting configs on their own here would be a conflict of interest - if you want to use them you might as well just play Resonant Rise now. :)

This also means I won't work on configs for FTB anymore. I was letting this thread die quietly but y'know, things happen. ;P

I can do the FTB configs if you want.

ejmiv89

Jul 29, 2019
I can do the FTB configs if you want.

That would be awesome! I'm actively looking for people to help out just fiddle around with cool mods to get it working better, I'm stoked for the new launcher, but unfortunately, I cannot stand using the ATlauncher for RR, so I have ported it to use the FTB launcher for now. (just using a placeholder such as Unhinged, then launching it)
Ya can msg me on skype @ ejmiv89 or on my Twitch @ www.twitch.tv/ejmiv89 , I try to do regular streams @ 12am MST

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019

I don't really see any problem with getting configs to work with both RR and FTB. In fact, if one set of configs were to work for both of the pack sets, it would mean that either a) maps can transition from RR to FTB and vice versa, and/or b) would make it a lot more convenient by setting a standard for many, MANY maps to be made off of.

Imagine - a time when all maps would be made off of one config pack. THAT would be awesome.

ejmiv89

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really see any problem with getting configs to work with both RR and FTB. In fact, if one set of configs were to work for both of the pack sets, it would mean that either a) maps can transition from RR to FTB and vice versa, and/or b) would make it a lot more convenient by setting a standard for many, MANY maps to be made off of.

Imagine - a time when all maps would be made off of one config pack. THAT would be awesome.

Exactly! I mean, back in 1.4.7 Velocitan managed to fiddle with DRPG (if you seen the config, theres hundreds of items and blocks) and thats a feat, by itself

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I used to be interested in that - which is why it was named the Universal Config Pack originally - but there's far too much resistance to it in the community at large to get it to stick.

1.7 doing away with IDs entirely might help with that though.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Its awesome that that change is coming but it sounds like from what I have heard going from 1.6 to 1.7 is going to be one of the hardest jumps yet. It will be next spring before we have mods working for 1.7 at the soonest.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
To reiterate officially, if you would like to use updated versions of the Resonance Unleashed config pack, just play the Resonant Rise modpack, as they are now one and the same.

RR is currently at v2.0.8-BETA, using RU 2.6.0.0. We use ATLauncher, which we believe to be an excellent launcher that offers the best of both worlds for modpack makers and mod devs.

Reactions: matpower123
Status
Not open for further replies.