Not open for further replies.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
How about hybrids?

h75B70C2D

(http://cheezburger.com/6961315840)

DDRKhat

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you very much for the clarifications given. So I could have a "Public" private modpack if permissions are allowed, correct? (I don't have to hide the private code)

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Thank you very much for the clarifications given. So I could have a "Public" private modpack if permissions are allowed, correct? (I don't have to hide the private code)
In theory yes. But as you said, you would need public distribution permissions.

Spoo

Jul 29, 2019
I want to setup a server for my family and friends. Is the private mod pack feature on FTB useless to me? As I understand it, I have to build the modpack myself and collect permissions. I can then send a code to the others on my server. Of course, if any modder decideds I'm unworthy, I'd have to provide a separate link to that mod to everyone and hope they install it right. Alternately, I could build the modpack myself, not bother with permissions, and send a self-hosted link to the others on my server.

In other words, it seems to me that the private modpack feature is harder to setup, and probably harder for the others on my server.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
I want to setup a server for my family and friends. Is the private mod pack feature on FTB useless to me? As I understand it, I have to build the modpack myself and collect permissions. I can then send a code to the others on my server. Of course, if any modder decideds I'm unworthy, I'd have to provide a separate link to that mod to everyone and hope they install it right. Alternately, I could build the modpack myself, not bother with permissions, and send a self-hosted link to the others on my server.

In other words, it seems to me that the private modpack feature is harder to setup, and probably harder for the others on my server.
In your case, the private modpack feature of FTB is worthless. In your scenario, the custom zip feature of the technic launcher would be the best option.

Reactions: Mooseman9

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019

In your case, your best bet is to take a look at this spread sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsuKLj6RIQ8idFR3cFoxVXQzYVU4U3NLSVF5MnBGUEE#gid=0
(cozie posted it earlier somewhere)
Some of the mod permission requirements are different than what is listed, but for the most part, it's spot on.

Cozie

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: Ashzification

MagisterXero

Jul 29, 2019
That's cool, not sure if you saw my update in the PM though Watchful, about how long does it usually take for a mod pack to get accepted on average?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
That's cool, not sure if you saw my update in the PM though Watchful, about how long does it usually take for a mod pack to get accepted on average?
As long as there aren't any problems with it, it doesn't take us long to check the permissions and such. Actually getting it in the launcher is a bit harder. We are still working on a good system to do that efficiently.

MagisterXero

Jul 29, 2019
This may be another good one for reference in this thread...

How are the private codes handled?
Is it randomly generated? Or does someone specifically pick out a code of a certain length and request it?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Oh, I completely forgot to mention that. You can just include what code you want in the text file. If you don't care, we can randomly generate one.

Status
Not open for further replies.