RedPower for FTB 1.5

Jordor

Jul 29, 2019
yeah definitely my RP2 hotel elevator will have to wait until eloraam decides to go on.

You can still start a new server or keep on 1.4.7... well that's what i thought after biting my fingers until bone showed in front of pc

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I must ask. What alternatives are there to Penumatic pipes?

Weeeeeelllllll you have 3 choices atm, the obv one is BC pipes, the second obv one is the all encompassing Applied "NoLag" Energistics system and the 3rd not so obvious is a new mod currently only in the 1.5.2 pack and that is .....

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Weeeeeelllllll you have 3 choices atm, the obv one is BC pipes, the second obv one is the all encompassing Applied "NoLag" Energistics system and the 3rd not so obvious is a new mod currently only in the 1.5.2 pack and that is .....

-snip-

Yes good Extra Utilities. Apparently those can cross into unloaded chunks just fine, so long as the transfer node doing the transfer is still loaded.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
ApSciMorgs gets the prize, yeah ExtraUtils looks fabulous, got lots of good really useful stuff in it.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
yeah definitely my RP2 hotel elevator will have to wait until eloraam decides to go on.

You can still start a new server or keep on 1.4.7... well that's what i thought after biting my fingers until bone showed in front of pc

There's a mod that I found, the aptly named "Elevator Mod" that adds a elevator block for all your elevation needs.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the extra ultities pipe? Im looking at it on the forums before I download and see nothing. ;; Just download and nei pipe?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Found extra ultities pipes. Wow. I love them. And no need to power them. I needed them cause I have a horrible set up as I build up my new world. Have a hopper ontop of an induction furnace ontop of a wooden pipe. And my level is on the side of the furnace. So turning it on for the pipe/furnace turns off the hopper. But this fixes that all for me. Now I need to find out how the hell to power a pulverizer and furnace on 1 stack of coal. ;-;

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
Wires: MFR, RedLogic
Wires and Gates: RedLogic
Frames: Redstone on Motion (still kinda new and made by a not famous mod maker I think, but still pretty good)
Sickle: DartCraft Force Mitts, And the XyCraft thingy with quartz crystal (not yet public)
Backpack (So manny mods!): DartCraft, EnderStorage, Forestry. And more! I just don't remember.
Project Table: Fabricator makes a very similiar job, even though sometimes it annoys a bit its always automatic make recipes while you're still setting up the recipe that isn't what it made..
Sorting Systems: Applied Energistics is much better, and can do much more with the same idea.

Did I forgot something? I don't see it, but possibly 1-2 things. Anyways, every sigle mod I placed here is almost up-to-date, except XyCraft, but it being worked on by Soaryn. You can see upcoming features since Season 3 of Dire's SMP Let's Play. And on ForgeCraft 2/Season 5 SMP, you can also see Soaryn already updated to 1.5.2, it's just a WIP. And in this case its actually being WORKED (the W in the WIP)

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
For Project Tables, there's also the Project Bench (or is it Project Table) mod, and the Workbench from Forestry. Very cool toys!

Sent from boobs (because why not?)

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I'm probably going to get a lot of flack for sharing this, but I've always harbored some irritation when it comes to Eloraam.

Let me be clear, I'm sure her practices and given the stories I've heard about her and a certain website threatening her for the mod, I'm very sure she has good reason to keep her cards very close to her chest, however regardless of whether it's the smart thing to do or not, she's suffering for it, and she's lost a lot of trust in a community that really she never seemed to have very much in to begin with.

I adore her mod, though certain elements of it I wish I could choose not to have, though her decision to hold of collaborating with other mods/modders and disallowing people from touching her mod leaves much to be desired and in my opinion both her and her mod suffer for it. I could think of several scenarios that would make her mod infinitely more successful if she collab'd with other people.

As for the whole modders taking over some of the functionality, I support it, especially if it opens more doors for FTB/Tekkit/Big Dig/etc because of it.

Jordor

Jul 29, 2019
I'm probably going to get a lot of flack for sharing this, but I've always harbored some irritation when it comes to Eloraam.

Let me be clear, I'm sure her practices and given the stories I've heard about her and a certain website threatening her for the mod, I'm very sure she has good reason to keep her cards very close to her chest, however regardless of whether it's the smart thing to do or not, she's suffering for it, and she's lost a lot of trust in a community that really she never seemed to have very much in to begin with.

I adore her mod, though certain elements of it I wish I could choose not to have, though her decision to hold of collaborating with other mods/modders and disallowing people from touching her mod leaves much to be desired and in my opinion both her and her mod suffer for it. I could think of several scenarios that would make her mod infinitely more successful if she collab'd with other people.

As for the whole modders taking over some of the functionality, I support it, especially if it opens more doors for FTB/Tekkit/Big Dig/etc because of it.

And you know she may probably not care about her "suffering"? xD it's her mod.