Redpower 2 future in FTB?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
AI is a slanderus term. There is nothing artifical about anything that is self aware.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Technically, the Intelligence was made by a mortal, and therefore artificial. It may become Self-Aware, but that little bit of knowledge programmed will forever make it artificial. It started with Artificial Knowledge. Everything it knew came from having enough AI to learn stuff.

Reactions: Jyzarc

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Technically, the Intelligence was made by a mortal, and therefore artificial. It may become Self-Aware, but that little bit of knowledge programmed will forever make it artificial. It started with Artificial Knowledge. Everything it knew came from having enough AI to learn stuff.

You were made by a mortal and only became aware after a few years of neuron growth. Everything you learn came from deep chemical channels. Whos more artifical child of stardust with your flapping meat box?

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Born* of a mortal. However, I have a soul, and therefore am not artificial. Then again, we are literally made of dust. Even secularists say so.
EDIT: Awareness, however, is different. Something can be self-aware yet artificial. In stories. Of course, given enough time, given Jesus tarries, it could happen. Probably not though.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Born* of a mortal. However, I have a soul, and therefore am not artificial. Then again, we are literally made of dust. Even secularists say so.
EDIT: Awareness, however, is different. Something can be self-aware yet artificial. In stories. Of course, given enough time, given Jesus tarries, it could happen. Probably not though.

Oh relgion.
Ok listen clay boy I'm not going to get into a debate over this joke. We can agree to disarge over the nature of Intelligence.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I see this convo slowly turning into a religious debate, lets not get into that, please

edit: I called it

Reactions: Saice

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Eh, as fun as the idea of synthetic minds and wotnot, I'm pretty sure that the ability to reason isn't something that can be obtained though merely natural...
Also, I see this convo slowly turning into a religious debate, lets not get into that, please
... Oh, okay. Um. Skynet bad, cybernetic organism pretty.

(Stealth book recommendation: Miracles by C.S. Lewis)

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I try not to start flame wars. I just give my opinion. However, opinions are a little pushy. So ignore my opinions, they will normally have something to do with my faith.
EDIT: Agreeing to Disagree completely undermines my faith. But continuing to talk will only start a flame war.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
There's no such thing as a soul. The "breath of life" is a silly concept.
" Then again, we are literally made of dust. Even secularists say so."
Secularists came up with that theory while your side of the argument were still harping on about a divine creator.

Arrrrghhh the hypocrazy! (Yes, I did spell that intentionally)

Reactions: ApSciLiara
Status
Not open for further replies.