Redpower 2 future in FTB?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic. I kinda understand everything else you are saying, I don't think enchanting is all that bad. My understanding when it was originally added was it was supposed to be like you throw it in the enchanting table and get random buffs. People became picky and wanted specific ones and complained that it was too hard. But I do like enchanted books. better then wolves is a pretty bad example of how Mojang should do things. Because you know, then we wouldn't have mods. Yeah sometimes I nbtedit all my potions into one stack, but it is a bit of a pain to do, and impossible on servers (unless you are the owner) As a mapmaker(kinda) I LOVE villagers, in game they are sorta useless. I like villages but maybe they should just be abandoned like everything else. Or they should work with the modder of tale of kingdoms or something.
Was serious.

That's the point, they're supposed to be pros, it should be painfully obvious that the player would want that. If they did it with that in mind then we wouldn't have to have books transferred to items with a hammer on an anvil.

Better than wolves is a marvelous example, what you're talking about has nothing to do with the matter at hand. Besides, mojang already does it anyway - with obfuscation, they're just turnin' a blind eye. Actually, BTW is BETTER in this regard as well as it has an actual fucking API. You just don't want to go against FC's wishes or he'll make a stink angels could smell in heaven, as he cares about his mod a whole lot.

Regardless, let's get to the initial point. Do you now agree that MC has unfinished/broken elements?

Actually, did you even have to call me out on that?

Someone needs to mod them so they drop porkchops on death.
Haha :D

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Was serious.

That's the point, they're supposed to be pros, it should be painfully obvious that the player would want that. If they did it with that in mind then we wouldn't have to have books transferred to items with a hammer on an anvil.

Better than wolves is a marvelous example, what you're talking about has nothing to do with the matter at hand. Besides, mojang already does it anyway - with obfuscation, they're just turnin' a blind eye. Actually, BTW is BETTER in this regard as well as it has an actual fucking API. You just don't want to go against FC's wishes or he'll make a stink angels could smell in heaven, as he cares about his mod a whole lot.

Regardless, let's get to the initial point. Do you now agree that MC has unfinished/broken elements?

Actually, did you even have to call me out on that?

Haha :D
Thanks. Flowerchild is a bad example of anything and everything.He goes out of his way to harass modders, sometimes not even about their code but just insulting them personally. Maybe he has a good mod but I don't think it should ever be used as an example for anything due to flowerchild making it impossible to play with lots of awesome mods, because he dislikes eloraam? Minecraft has lots of unfinished elements. If you watch ethos LP I think that is a good comparison. He makes lots of huge project, some turn out awesome, some are fails, but a lot of times he has multiple projects going on at the same time, and sometimes he only works on a project every couple weeks. He does that so people don't get bored watching the same thing every episode for a month, especially if some people find that project boring.

Reactions: WatcherInTheShadows

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. Flowerchild is a bad example of anything and everything.He goes out of his way to harass modders, sometimes not even about their code but just insulting them personally. Maybe he has a good mod but I don't think it should ever be used as an example for anything due to flowerchild making it impossible to play with lots of awesome mods, because he dislikes eloraam? Minecraft has lots of unfinished elements. If you watch ethos LP I think that is a good comparison. He makes lots of huge project, some turn out awesome, some are fails, but a lot of times he has multiple projects going on at the same time, and sometimes he only works on a project every couple weeks. He does that so people don't get bored watching the same thing every episode for a month, especially if some people find that project boring.
Look, let's not talk about flower child. I know him, you've heard stories about him. I guess you can see how I could find your opinions offensive, yes?

I'm not saying he's the bestest person on the planet or anything, but you think that he's worse than the offspring of Greg and Satan and that everything he touches in any way turns to sot and sorrow.

The truth, as always, is somewhere in the middle. So yeah, please stop spreading hearsay, okay?

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Look, let's not talk about flower child. I know him, you've heard stories about him. I guess you can see how I could find your opinions offensive, yes?

I'm not saying he's the bestest person on the planet or anything, but you think that he's worse than the offspring of Greg and Satan and that everything he touches in any way turns to sot and sorrow.

The truth, as always, is somewhere in the middle. So yeah, please stop spreading hearsay, okay?
If flowerchild is trying to be liked by the community then he is horrible at it. This is just part of the convo between Scott Killen and flowerchild after FC attacked him for no reason. After Scott stopped replying to him, FC just kept sending horrible things to him on twitter. also he attacked machinemuse. Yeah seems like a nice guy
https://twitter.com/FlowerChildXL/status/308075256864714752

https://twitter.com/FlowerChildXL/status/308032156687552513

https://twitter.com/FlowerChildXL/status/308079877553287168

https://twitter.com/FlowerChildXL/status/308081054638546944

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Jyzarc, you're going off on a tangent that has got NOTHING to do with the topic. Who gives a shit about what FC is like as a person? Maybe in another topic but NOT this one. BTW was brought up because of the content of the mod, not the attitude of the modder. Forget FC, pretend billy mc fuckin no mates made the mod and be subjective rather than be blinded by your hatred for FC because no matter your opinion of the man, you cannot deny he is super talented at what he does.
Now.
I can't stand vanilla enchanting, I despise book enchanting even more than the previous hit and miss thing. Now, I do very much like enchantplus, and yeah, you may say it's too easy but so what, it's what enchanting should have been all along. I see experience as... shock horror, experience. And you're putting your experience you've gained from slaying so many mobs/mining so much shit, INTO the item. So why the fuck would it be random? It wouldn't. Hence, that's my justification for the superior enchantplus system.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I see experience as... shock horror, experience. And you're putting your experience you've gained from slaying so many mobs/mining so much shit, INTO the item. So why the fuck would it be random? It wouldn't. Hence, that's my justification for the superior enchantplus system.

I'd rather see a middle ground. Where you learn enchment repices or parterns and once you have that you can use reuse them with xp as needed.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't about flowerchild, you have a point. However, FC is an issue that really makes me mad. When people like him and also like the mods made by modders he despises (like modular powersuits, extra biomes, redpower) it makes them hypocrites (Although if I were to claim I wasn't a hypocrite it would be hypoception) But since this is the FTB forums I don't think that you should even mention the mod or the modder who shall not be named. I shouldn't react like this but I really look up to and respect these modders and it makes me mad when people support someone that would be so horrible to them

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Then don't talk about it, let that be your last post mentioning his name. HE is not a part of this conversation, his mod is.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
lets not talk about his mod either. Please
if comparisons are made between his version of doing things and mojangs then thats fine. I don't see anyone specifically mentioning Notch or Jeb or Dinnerbone, yet as soon as BTW was mentioned it automatically led to rage about FC.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
if comparisons are made between his version of doing things and mojangs then thats fine. I don't see anyone specifically mentioning Notch or Jeb or Dinnerbone, yet as soon as BTW was mentioned it automatically led to rage about FC.
his mod isn't even compatible with the pack that this forum is made for. There is no reason to talk about it

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
his mod isn't even compatible with the pack that this forum is made for. There is no reason to talk about it

We talk about a lot of things not related to or compatble with the pack this forum is made for.

And I might think FC is toxic but his mod is well done and some parts of ideas of it fit well with the group here that likes a more hard difficulty for there playstyle. So I do not see why we can not bring the subject up as something to compare things to from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.