Red Power 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLiner

Jul 29, 2019
why make a 1.4.5 pack when you can wait 1-2 days to get 1.4.6 with firework and stuff like that?

Again, because there are mods outside of the FTB pack we wish to play with that don't regularly update.

And it would be little extra stress on the devs.

And it would stop the yelling for updates.

And It could be done within a day assuming contact with Elo and the gang.

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
They should make a 1.4.5 pac for no other reason than about an hour after it was done and released, then Railcraft would update to 1.4.6 and they would have gone through all the trouble of the 1.4.5 pac for nothing.

Reactions: Cyberife

Taladan

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't going to say anything.

I really wasn't. It's not my place to, and this isn't my group. But dammit...someone needs to say something.

It's Christmas guys. Whether you believe in the history of the season or not, this is the time for goodwill towards others, to wish and emulate a little peace on Earth. There are people in countries around the world scrabbling and fighting for their own survival right now, whether it's to get enough food to eat, to garner clothes to wear to protect them from the cold, fighting battles with incursive forces that know nothing of their faiths, beliefs, hopes or dreams.

And all some of you can do is bitch because a mod you've been waiting /6 months/ to release has released and isn't for a particular version of a game. I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel like you should be ashamed of yourselves. You got your Christmas present early. And yet all you can do is complain about it (IT'S NOT THE RIGHT COLOR!)

I'm not white-knighting for Eloraam here, so don't get on that bandwagon either. There's plenty of stuff I don't agree with her on, but for Christ's sweet sake, I swear if I were Eloraam, I'd close up shop, take my shit and go home at this point because some of you are as ungrateful as I've ever seen. You're childish, priggish little gits who are never truly happy unless you can be bitching and griping about something. It sickens me and makes me want to leave the forums. Will I? Probably not because I like to see what the FTB team is doing and this is the best way to find out. But you turds have really crossed a line here and it makes me question my faith in humanity as a total.

For those of you who have been patiently trying to stem the tide of complaint with well reasoned, logical replies...I salute you, but I also offer up to you to stop responding to these idiots. It's a case of realizing that they are never, ever going to be happy. I know this is a personal choice and many of you will likely choose to ignore this and continue to try and reply sanely back when someone begins flailing around like a fish out of water...but I pray you will at least consider this option.

To the mods and admins, I thank you for giving us a place to express ourselves with regard to the modpack. I know that it is the other poster's priviledge to post here just as it is mine, and I recognize and admire the patience that it takes not to strike some people down because of your own deep seated personal views. Thanks for being fair, but don't be too ultra-fair - it ends up making the place unpleasant for most, if not all.

That said, I want to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas and God Bless.

~Tal

Laguy

Jul 29, 2019
Again, because there are mods outside of the FTB pack we wish to play with that don't regularly update.

And it would be little extra stress on the devs.

And it would stop the yelling for updates.

And It could be done within a day assuming contact with Elo and the gang.

I guess I don't agree with some of your reasoning. The fact that there are mods outside of the FTB pack that don't update regularly isn't Elo's or the FTB teams issue. If you want to use mods who's authors don't keep their mods updated then I guess you might want to contact those mod authors and ask them for an update. Asking Elo and the FTB team for a 1.4.5 version isn't like it is without any work at all. Are you suggesting that once the new version is out for 1.4.6 (assuming that is what is released) that Slowpoke continue to keep a 1.4.2 and a 1.4.5 and a 1.4.6 version of the packs on the launcher and keep them running? After all, there are probably some folks on 1.4.2 who don't want to move forward to a newer version so by your reasoning he would need to keep and maintain the existing 1.4.2 version.

As to stopping the yelling for updates, the ones you should be looking at for updates are the authors of mods who aren't running on 1.4.6, not the FTB team.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but I really don't think I want these folks spending any time trying to produce and maintain old versions of software when it seems like most of the major mods are either already on 1.4.6 or have a worldgen ready to go. It isn't like they are getting paid to do any of this.

Just my opinion. Yours may vary.

dustboy93

Jul 29, 2019
Can't wait for the update! Keep up the good work and Thank you for continuing the mods from tekkit and adding more to make it fun

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I too agree this has run its course lock & update with admin info as required.
Can't wait for the update! Keep up the good work and Thank you for continuing the mods from tekkit and adding more to make it fun
as to this well where to start without opening the same can of worms yet again, but lets just say that tekkit is not responsible in any way shape or form for the mods & there updates, plz dont refer to mods that are the work of respected authors as that pack.

TIA.

Taladan

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for this.
I have one question regarding it though. Did I get a sex change for Christmas? There's girls here too ya know ;)

Also, when did it become a negative stigma to come to the defense of someone?
*laughs* This is the internet, there's negative stigma for everything.

Also, I'm not now nor will I ever ascribe to 'politically correct' terms. Sadly it obfuscates conversation for me. If we really want equality then we shouldn't have to differentiate between the sexes when we talk/write...just my beef I guess...old farts have a hard time learning new tricks ;)

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, the only mods that "need" to be updated for the packs to come out are those that mess with the world gen. As long as a mod doesn't add in world gen it should be fairly easy for the team to add in once it's updated, and seeing as a good number of mods with worldgen have been updated (according to the linked list above) we could easily see the pack possibly being ready by the end of today, depending on how long it will take for any mods not yet updated and if their world gen is exclusive to the mod (e.g. Uranium or Bees).

CrafterOfMines57

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech officially updated to the latest IC2 beta version as of like 5 minutes ago, so I believe the people keeping track can now add that to their lists.

Reenigne

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech officially updated to the latest IC2 beta version as of like 5 minutes ago, so I believe the people keeping track can now add that to their lists.
Oh goody GregTech :( frowning lolcat (just kidding)

Since when did the pack have MineChem 2? I don't see it mentioned in the permissions thread. and it is in none of the current packs? Are you sure that list of updated mods is the one posted by the real FTB team?

I'm not complaining, MineChem looks interesting, however as far as the search feature goes it's never been mentioned as part of any pack yet, even if it has been shown to be of interest to the FTB team.

EDIT:
It was mentioned in the Direwolf20 thread on MCF as a suggestion to be part of his pack, so that might be what it's for?

Status
Not open for further replies.