Red Power 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shalashalska

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't Direwolf say it'd be released last weekend? /cry

I may religiously hate Buildcraft, but having not played Minecraft since 1.2.5, I am really itching to try out some of the newer mod updates. Like Thaumcraft3, and those Steam Boilers and such...
Are BC Pipes a viable alternative to RP2 [amazing, god-like, best-transport-system-in-the-world, I-may-be-extremely-biased] Pipes?
BC, with logistics pipes, actually has several times the functionality of RP2. I have no idea why direwolf switched, I have made a autosorting and autoprocessing system about 1/4th the size of his using LP pipes, and also it has far more functionality. If RP2 updated today, I probably wouldn't use tubes except for with frames. I'd mostly use it for redstone.

Oldbombadil

Jul 29, 2019
RedPower is probably the least compatible of all the mods in the FTB pack. Just letting one know Frames and Frame engines are the only thing that make this mod worthwhile. Don't expect an early update. Don't expect anything that hasn't been done before.

SirChrisB

Jul 29, 2019
Has there been any more news on an actual ETA? I can't figure out if slowpoke's troll is "Haha, you won't actually have to wait until the 21st" or "Haha, there's no way it will be ready that soon".
Well, he actually doesn´t say it will be ready by the 21st, just that it won´tt be released before. Therefore I think sometime next year, maybe spring or summer could still be possible ;)

Lucius

Jul 29, 2019
Just letting one know Frames and Frame engines are the only thing that make this mod worthwhile.
Basalt and Marble?
Micro blocks?
Red Alloy Wiring?
Coloured Lights?
Logic Gates?
Obviously you don't build for asthetics, or make anything with wiring. What do you do, just dig holes?
For those of us who want to build elevators in houses that look nice redpower is the only mod which can do this.

BTW seriously need spoilers up in this place. EDIT: WOOT

My 1.2.5 house (untouched for months now, waiting semi-patiently for RP so I can attempt Palace mkII)
Grand-Entrance.jpg
Hollow covers make great styled railings.
Kitchen.jpg
Lights and micro block strips for a much better furniture/asthetics.
Study-room.jpg
Does anyone else have redpower asthetic builds to show off? I'd like to see something OTHER than 9 by 9 before I go insane.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
RedPower is probably the least compatible of all the mods in the FTB pack. Just letting one know Frames and Frame engines are the only thing that make this mod worthwhile. Don't expect an early update. Don't expect anything that hasn't been done before.
Never used Microblocks, have you?
2012-10-16_163955.png

jim johnstone

Jul 29, 2019
Yeh. All the logic gates, when made using vanilla MC take a fair bit of resources and space. With RP2 it's reduced to 1 switch.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019

I kind of have to agree with you. The mod is pretty neat, but I don't think that it deserves all of this hype.

There are plenty of other mods in this pack that do almost exactly what redpower does.

Lucius

Jul 29, 2019
There are plenty of other mods in this pack that do almost exactly what redpower does.
I'll dispute that with logic gates and wiring but despite that I'll go along with your generalisation...
In that case why play minecraft? Lego does almost exactly the same thing. :p

Oh, and while I remember, that main palace pic I showed was improved upon, but I never took a pic. I quick tip for aesthetic house builders: for lighting the floor you can hide a torch 2 blocks down and then put a cover over it at floor level, covers let light through them ;] It worked really well for me despite needing more for decent coverage, they were all hidden.

Come on guys and gals, there must be pictures floating out there of redpower incredibuilds, soothe us all as we watch Dire program a turtle and make 9x9's for infinity.

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
Lol Lucius. I am so sick of watching that guy. At first it was neat to see the new things. But after a few episodes he just, well, got boring. 70 episodes of him playing with turtles and bee's and bitching about what a lazy **** his good buddy Soaryan is (70 episodes and all you can do with xycraft is make pretty blocks). And let's not forget the multi episodes of him killing the G man.

His show has gotten real stale. At least the guys at yogcast (even though they have 70+ episodes and not one Jaffa Cake yet) bring laughs to the table.

Edit: As of now 71 Episodes. He just posted a new one.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
TL;DR update: Slowpoke trolled. RP2 will not be released until around or after Christmas. People religiously use a YouTube series for a timeline.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I think they are hoping for a Xmas release to relieve some pressure on Creeperhosts download servers, too bad that wont happen lol such is everyone is waiting for it.

Keyalha

Jul 29, 2019
/jokemode on

i knew it Elo is actually Cthulu and the world will end cause RP will not be out till then :p

Commence your sins the end is near!

/jokemode off

Vaupell

Jul 29, 2019
Im only waiting for RP, due to the people on my server wanting it.
gave up on it, when i learned it was only one person working on it!

Been using alternatives that runs opensource and dont add a ton of new items in each patch
but actually fix stuff instead via opensource. For me Elo is like DRM(C) not accepting help
wanting to do everything alone.

So been slowly switching to the Japanese equivalent mods released.

Status
Not open for further replies.