Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't. And most people that are satisfied with the status quo won't comment since there is nothing to complain about.
Now it kinda feels like a copy of LP autocrafting.
"Fixed"

I never complained
I forgot to use my sarcasm font. My apologies.
I'm not saying it's any better, but that's his solution. And honestly, people will complain either way.

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
I like the idea of a boss fight for Botania, but interesting mechanics are a must. Say the Guardian being able to teleport around the areana, and teleport you around too, have an attack that drops you to 1 heart, so you have to have healing things ready and not just "lololol, I have super op armor I can't die" maybe an attack that works like the Dagger of Sacrifice in the sense that it always does 1 Heart of damage. Idk just stuff so its not just "stabby stabby stabyy, oh hey my *insert op armor here* made it so I didn't take damage lol" And maybe somehow make it harder and harder to fight, up to a cap. So say more health, and make it able to apply debuffs and such. Anyways, just my 2 cents, don't put to much weight on what I say, just another minecrafter.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't. And most people that are satisfied with the status quo won't comment since there is nothing to complain about.
Now it kinda feels like a copy of LP autocrafting.
Yeah, after watching the video I finally understood how it worked. I agree, makes AE not as compact a system now, and cost-wise LP almost is a better option since you can pretty much replicate what AE does now for a lot less resources AND you get limitless access to your storage from basically anywhere as long as your system is chunkloaded.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
If there was a LogisticDuct mod, I'd be a happy camper. Store stuff on ME Drive, so I don't even need a Controller, then use LD to access and automate All The Things.
^^ This, Of all the things that exist, I wish someone could replicate the LP functionality (and to an extent the BC apiarists pipe) using the ducts from TE...oh what a glorious day that would be....

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
If there was a LogisticDuct mod, I'd be a happy camper. Store stuff on ME Drive, so I don't even need a Controller, then use LD to access and automate All The Things.
^^ This, Of all the things that exist, I wish someone could replicate the LP functionality (and to an extent the BC apiarists pipe) using the ducts from TE...oh what a glorious day that would be....
Well, Logistics Pipes are able to route through itemducts. That's quite cool. Still requires Buildcraft though.

Reactions: Not_Steve

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Well, Logistics Pipes are able to route through itemducts. That's quite cool. Still requires Buildcraft though.
Yea, the whole buildcraft dependency is what I'm trying to get away from. Remember back in the day you started with BC and IC then decided what addons and extras to do from there? I'm trying to do that with TE and Mekanism.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
That I knew, what I would like is a way to use only ducts and not need buildcraft. My current modpack the only reason I have it in is for small dependencies like this

EDIT: Dang it, ninja'd for the very first time...

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, the whole buildcraft dependency is what I'm trying to get away from. Remember back in the day you started with BC and IC then decided what addons and extras to do from there? I'm trying to do that with TE and Mekanism.
I think everyone who isn't stuck in the "old ways" is doing that now. It's just that Mekanism and TE are just to amazing of mods compared to their counterparts. Also EnderIO is becoming extremely popular.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot to use my sarcasm font. My apologies.
I'm not saying it's any better, but that's his solution. And honestly, people will complain either way.
True. To make my point clear, I don't mind a new challenge. I'm not fond of the channel system, but I can see it being interesting. This new autocrafting approach, at least for now, just seems to be the old deal with few minor perks done more inefficiently. It doesn't make things any less magic or more interesting, just more tedious and bulky.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Gideon has found my secret.

Qaz's name are the letters on the far left and right side of the keyboard in order!!!! :D

QwertyuioP
A
sdfghjkL
Z
xcvbnM

AND THEN THE NUMBERS ARE THE RIGHT, LEFT, AND MIDDLE!!!!

i have been found out......
That has puzzled me for so long :D
I was just staring at my keyboard while I waited for my video to render and I saw QAZ. Then I looked over and saw PLM. And all my questions were answered!!!!!
I know that all names have a reason to be!

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to admit it's not as bad as I had suspected it to be. Until recently I had a 6x6x5 AE1 MAC with 20 pattern providers in my 1.6 world (updated to 30 now, but I didn't want to go that far here). I made two test builds to mimic that in AE2. 20 pattern providers equate 120 ME interfaces connected to AE2 MACs.

The first one uses clusters with 8 ME interfaces, block variant. Each one is surrounded by 6 MACs in a packed format (ie some are adjacent to two or four interfaces). It is huge but probably wickedly fast. It can be done more compact, but the clusters may not touch due to channel limits. Idle power draw ~1400 RF/tick
TMR7fZn.png

The second one uses FMP interfaces, 2-4 per MAC. Probably slow, but compact. Also could be done a bit more efficiently in terms of interfaces/MAC, but I think this is a good compromise between efficiency (in interfaces/MAC) and amount of cable spaghetti. Idle power draw ~420 RF/tick.
hBg1v8H.png

One thing though, the interface terminal is not up to the job of 120 interfaces, that needs some work =)
/me pokes @Bevo to pass that on.

Reactions: Mevansuto

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to admit it's not as bad as I had suspected it to be. Until recently I had a 6x6x5 AE1 MAC with 20 pattern providers in my 1.6 world (updated to 30 now, but I didn't want to go that far here). I made two test builds to mimic that in AE2. 20 pattern providers equate 120 ME interfaces connected to AE2 MACs.

The first one uses clusters with 8 ME interfaces, block variant. Each one is surrounded by 6 MACs in a packed format (ie some are adjacent to two or four interfaces). It is huge but probably wickedly fast. It can be done more compact, but the clusters may not touch due to channel limits. Idle power draw ~1400 RF/tick
TMR7fZn.png

The second one uses FMP interfaces, 2-4 per MAC. Probably slow, but compact. Also could be done a bit more efficiently in terms of interfaces/MAC, but I think this is a good compromise between efficiency (in interfaces/MAC) and amount of cable spaghetti. Idle power draw ~420 RF/tick.
hBg1v8H.png

One thing though, the interface terminal is not up to the job of 120 interfaces, that needs some work =)
/me pokes @Bevo to pass that on.
What build are you using?
EDIT: Build of AE2. Alpha, or beta, or what?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
thing is, I'm a person who often moves things around. with the MAC it was really a pain to move it around because all the patterns would drop out of the pattern providers.
I was hoping with AE2 there'd be an easier way to move the auto-crafting around, but it seems it's just as troublesome as the MAC

I know what I'm basically asking for is a 1 block autocrafting system where all the autocrafting happens in 1 block, but I'd already have been very happy if the pattern providers would've just kept their patterns stored inside them when you'd wrench them up

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
thing is, I'm a person who often moves things around. with the MAC it was really a pain to move it around because all the patterns would drop out of the pattern providers.
I was hoping with AE2 there'd be an easier way to move the auto-crafting around, but it seems it's just as troublesome as the MAC

I know what I'm basically asking for is a 1 block autocrafting system where all the autocrafting happens in 1 block, but I'd already have been very happy if the pattern providers would've just kept their patterns stored inside them when you'd wrench them up

I'd like to be able to wrap every single crafting facility in every mod into one block you can pick which crafting system you use with buttons that pulls and outputs recipe components and recipe results to inventories in the nearby vicinity and is programmable to keep an exact amount of each item in the inventories and do all the recipes automatically, sadly, we can't have anything. /s