Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If you can, make it so that the player/mod pack maker can configure which block produces what amount of pollution, plus if it's possible to detect when a block is "On" (aka actively doing something to cause pollution) bonus points.
Bear in mind, this is a couple of guys who are tinkering with minecraft modding for the first time.
Programming isn't an issue, but it'll take a while to get a grip on how mods are actually built. Fortunately there's a plethora of amazing resources out there to get started with.

Having said that, an ultimate goal is absolutely configurability.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
no update from me today, but a small reminder that I'll be going on vacation this week, so I'll be absent from the 16th of september till the 23rd of september

Reactions: Watchful11

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
So I suppose it's really not a big deal for anyone that Forge is baking in RF? Seems mildly interesting but not nefarious.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Not to me... its one of the most used power systems. Back in days pre 1.7.10 you had so many power options that packaging one in with forge wasn't practical. With so many mods using rf? It's only natural to package it

Reactions: RedBoss

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
Well after all their talk about how they'll never include a power API, it is interesting that they are going that route. Now mod authors will be bitched at repeatedly for not using the "official" power API, just like they did about RF. (See Reika) It's also not that interesting of a power API either. But hey, whatever floats their boat.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
there's already a discussion going on about what to do with Curseforge after this happened
the majority either voted for "We should build a less bloated launcher that uses a variety of hosting providers" or "We should ditch curse and find something better".

The majority doesn't consider that mod authors get some revenue out of hosting with curse. I don't think that's something to forget easily. No other mod hosting service (currently) offers this

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
The majority doesn't consider that mod authors get some revenue out of hosting with curse. I don't think that's something to forget easily. No other mod hosting service (currently) offers this

agreed. and in my opinion the majority also doesn't consider what is actually needed to create a new launcher and taking care of all the logistics behind it.
instead of immediatly jumping ship and leaving curse, why not stick around a bit longer and help to improve curseforge and the curse launcher

personally I'd love to see 2FA implented for curse

pakos2835

Jul 29, 2019
Clarity is an extremely simple mod with just one purpose: it decreases the density of underwater fog, making it much easier to see underwater, without totally removing the fog so it's still quite clear that you're underwater.

there are in-game Enchantment for this purpose, in addition exist fognerf and opti clear water

new day, new update, and today it's @Rubironi with Server Tick Monitor

server-side, creative thing..
looks like not very usable, most of server admins ban tps info commands or write static "20" manually, so it will be nice have craftable true tps-mon

that mean clientside here - other players on server without mod will see my google-eyes too?

Last edited by a moderator:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
and @ferreusveritas with Growing Trees
Finally, someone has tackled trees. I've been thinking of this just with Fence Posts as an idea, this takes it one step further. Plus, available for 1.7.10. Really going to try this out and see how it interacts with other mods.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Finally, someone has tackled trees. I've been thinking of this just with Fence Posts as an idea, this takes it one step further. Plus, available for 1.7.10. Really going to try this out and see how it interacts with other mods.
yeah this looks really interesting. Also, their page is nicely professional and I respect that.
I'm also curious how well it works with other mods, particularly anything with treecapitation (including tinkers construct) or fast leaf decay.