Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
>tfw the mod you've been waiting for all summer to come out, comes out after you move to 1.8.9
7b876b87a9cf19b4c643281316aa4cfb.jpg

In all seriousness though, I'm hyped that this is released. :3 I've considered moving back to 1.7.10 since a lot of mods I like aren't updated. The only thing keeping me at 1.8.9 right now is the fact that I'm sorta sick of 1.7.10 and I'm having too much fun with Thaumcraft and some of the other mods for 1.8.9 that are out.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
>tfw the mod you've been waiting for all summer to come out, comes out after you move to 1.8.9

In all seriousness though, I'm hyped that this is released. :3 I've considered moving back to 1.7.10 since a lot of mods I like aren't updated. The only thing keeping me at 1.8.9 right now is the fact that I'm sorta sick of 1.7.10 and I'm having too much fun with Thaumcraft and some of the other mods for 1.8.9 that are out.

I only rushed it out now because everyone's moving to 1.8 and there's no point in prolonging development on a 1.7 mod. x_x

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed. I still think 1.7.10 has a lot of room to test new ideas in a massed modded environment to smush as many bugs as possible before forwarding to any new version.

P

PeeGee85

Minecraft Worlds version 1.0.4. is now available on CurseForge. MCW now supports entity-data so things like contents of containers, scripts on command blocks, text on signs, redstone circuitry, items in flowerpots etc can all be saved with user-made structures (as schematics) and be randomly generated into the world by the world generator!

Reactions: Yusunoha

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft Worlds version 1.0.4. is now available on CurseForge. MCW now supports entity-data so things like contents of containers, scripts on command blocks, text on signs, redstone circuitry, items in flowerpots etc can all be saved with user-made structures (as schematics) and be randomly generated into the world by the world generator!

if you'd like next time you can also make a post in the what's new in modded minecraft today topic ;) everyone is welcome to contribute to the topic :)

D

DireChyymeras

Forestry and Magic Bees have had updates, both rendering Binnie's mods unusable until that gets updated

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, hey. I was hitting up the thread for B&B's utilities for better info about the various parameters in Dimensional Control, and I noticed that Eyemaz mentioned a stand-alone GUI is being tested by the group behind the scenes. They plan on releasing it to the public soon, though.

That'd make my mod pack a heluva lot easier, I can tell you.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Calculator and NuclearCraft have been updated recently. Both fantastic yet highly underused mods, I feel.
I replaced BigReactors with NuclearCraft myself in Infinity Evolved, so I'm following that mod. In the future, best practice if you can include a changelog (preferred), or a link directly to the changelog (your link requires you to click another link...off site of the first link...to get the changelog)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I replaced BigReactors with NuclearCraft myself in Infinity Evolved, so I'm following that mod. In the future, best practice if you can include a changelog (preferred), or a link directly to the changelog (your link requires you to click another link...off site of the first link...to get the changelog)
NuclearCraft looks interesting, how are you finding it? You and me both have similar ideas to tech gameplay, so if you like it, I'm sure I'll like it too!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
NuclearCraft looks interesting, how are you finding it? You and me both have similar ideas to tech gameplay, so if you like it, I'm sure I'll like it too!
Its still in its infancy but I'm enjoying it. Lots of fuel types, and you get to tinker with element decay. In terms of reactors and output its still really abstracted, a lot like BigReactors but without the turbines or fuel rod designs.

I'd say on balance I like it around the same as Big Reactors (although I'm enjoying it more than BR atm due to the novelty) but it projects to be considerably better.

I haven't tinkered with the fusion yet, its also a thing.

Any pack you're playing that has BR in it you should feel comfortable switching it out for NC instead to give it a try.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
The official RF API for 1.8.9 has just been released: https://github.com/CoFH/RedstoneFlux-API/tree/1.8

Warning! This new API is *not* compatible with what we have ported ourselves! I already updated mcjtylib, rftools and rftools dimensions but don't put these in any packs unless you have confirmed that the other RF mods have been ported to the new API.

McJtyLib also contains the new official RF API (until CoFHLib is released)

Reactions: ljfa and Yusunoha