Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I saw the linked websites "Why Temporal Reality" section, but I still don't understand why it actually is. Is it a Launcher or something like Curse Voice/Curse Client?
Things are still very much WIP, but yes, the intention is to have our own launcher where we will have packs available for easy installation. Currently the goal is to have an alpha of the launcher out ASAP, hopefully by the end of the month at the latest, along with a couple of packs which we are currently working on. One of those packs is actually available on our forums now, but is a manual pack installation due to the launcher not being ready yet.

Reactions: jordsta95

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I saw the linked websites "Why Temporal Reality" section, but I still don't understand why it actually is. Is it a Launcher or something like Curse Voice/Curse Client?
As ThePhoenixLodge said:
Things are still very much WIP, but yes, the intention is to have our own launcher where we will have packs available for easy installation. Currently the goal is to have an alpha of the launcher out ASAP, hopefully by the end of the month at the latest, along with a couple of packs which we are currently working on. One of those packs is actually available on our forums now, but is a manual pack installation due to the launcher not being ready yet.

But also as we want to give those who are creating good content a chance to shine, where they'd otherwise not see the light.
For example, we won't add packs (that aren't our own) to the launcher permanently; making the popular more popular. We'd much rather give everyone a chance to get noticed.

SireHans

Jul 29, 2019
So, am I understanding this coreest by that this is a launcher that allows any person to create a modpack and it will be on the launcher? (I suppose that I still need permission from the mod devs) If it is, then I might post my own custom modpack on that launcher. Otherwise, nice idea and job.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
So, am I understanding this coreest by that this is a launcher that allows any person to create a modpack and it will be on the launcher? (I suppose that I still need permission from the mod devs) If it is, then I might post my own custom modpack on that launcher. Otherwise, nice idea and job.
Sorta, yeah.
Although creating a pack won't have it displayed on their constantly.
As we are putting it, any 3rd party pack would be displayed like an unlisted pack on the FTB launcher (you'll only see it if you add it).
That will ALWAYS be the case, we would never say to one 3rd party pack dev "You wanna have your pack on the launcher forever?" we'd ask if they are at a stage where they are happy to have it showcased (displayed for a week or 2) but it wouldn't stay there "forever" (at least 6 months judging by some of the FTB third party listed packs)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I may or may not be working on a new project :rolleyes:
92828e1a4380097dfb905b93665fc2b2.png
What's a Tinket?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
and Lomeli12 with invisible armour :D
It's beautiful... I never really liked how your only choices for high-end armor also cover up your skin. I mean, hey! I put a lot of work into that! XD I just hope it's toggleable; as much as I'm irked that I can't see my skin, I'd also be irked if I could never see the armor. :p

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
and @X_Simeon with Matter Overdrive:
  • Matter Overdrive now only supports Java 8 and above
So, Matter Overdrive updated recently, and aside from the absolutely stellar (pun intended) changelog, it also included this tidbit: anything before Java 8 is no longer supported. I'm curious - what are all your opinions on that? Personally, I think it's fine, but I know there's a large group of people still hanging out on Java 7 (and even a few on Java 6), and I'd like to hear what they think about it.

Reactions: Type1Ninja