Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Well he was saying for the whats new in modded minecraft, and usually when people post they do more than one mod at a time, but I actually did mean to say reply, i just wasn't thinking and so yeah.

Fair enough.

@SireHans another way to do a quote is [quote="Person to quote"]Insert Text[/quote].

The result of that gives you:
Person to quote said:
Insert Text

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
No updates? I think it's just no updates for the mods that are known around here. o:

For example:

AquaTweaks by BluSunrize:
AquaTweaks is a small, clientside, coremod, which aims to improve the way fluids look around non-solid blocks.
In its essence, it renders fake water into ladders, fences, signs and the likes, making them not look as derpy underwater.

qKsJHgb.jpg

ZbfcMFU.jpg

Note that these changes are purely of graphical nature. Fluids will not actually flow through blocks, but simply render into them.

Or the Twilight Forest from Benimatic
Version 2.3.7 (May 16, 2015)[edit]
  • Fixed a too-long sign message disconnecting players on a server
Version 2.3.6 (May 15, 2015)[edit]
  • Final castle architectural preview
    • Many new blocks
    • Much structure
    • Still a work in progress
    • Monsters and mechanics to come
  • Fix huge lily pad item to be consume an item on placement
  • Fix capitalization mismatch causing knightmetal ring texture to not load correctly
  • Add config option to specify portal item
  • Add in troll caves/giants to old map generation
  • Beanstalks now grow through more natural blocks, such as trees
  • Add a few more safeguards preventing taking items from the uncrafting table when uncrafting is disabled on the server, or the player does not have enough XP
  • Fix crash when the cube of annihilation or chain block returns to a player with empty hands
  • Ice crystals do not automatically despawn in 30 seconds if not summoned by the snow queen
  • Small twilight oak trees and rainbow trees now properly grow with twilight oak logs
  • Giant water lily flowers now insta-break instead of being as hard as cobblestone
  • Giant lily pads make grass noise when broken
And also EssentialCraft 3 by Modbder
What is EssentialCraft?

EssentialCraft 3 is a magic themed mod, that adds lots and lots of devices to the game. Here is a list of added content:

-Around 60 new blocks
-Around 100 new Items
-3 new mobs
-1 new dimension
-A new energy type - MRU and lots of ways to generate it

What EssentialCraft allows you to do?

EssentialCraft3 allows you to do lots of stuff, including

-Create and store MRU
-Create some decorative blocks
-Create an automated quarry, that allows you to mine up to 128x128 area of blocks until the bedrock layer
-Create a device, that holds monsters in place
-Create a device, that can use 1 potion up to 8 times in a small AOE, without losing the efficiency of the potion
-Create a device, that can enchant items up to level 60, using not your experience, but MRU
-Create a device, that is capable of generating drops from any mob
-Create a device, that can repare your tools and armor
-Create a device, that allows you to quadruple the outcome of your ores using MRU and lava
-Create a structure, that can teleport you any distance(including other dimensions!)
-Create a structure, that can smelt items, using MRU
-Create guns

-Some tool sets, including one, which automatically uses the right tool to mine
-An item, that allows you to carry around biomes!
-An item, that can mine a 3x3x3 zone of any block.
-An item, that can harvest mob spawners
-An item, that acts both as an AOE bonemeal, and can instantly grow any animal
-3 items, that restore your hp/hunger/remove debuffs
-A set of 10 elemental charms, that can grant you different abilities.
-An item, that allows you to fly
-lots new different weapons
-4 sets of armor

and lots of other stuff!

That seems interesting, how can I get to that?
Easy way. Just grab some simple resources and craft a Book of Knowledge. It has all the information you want in it:
knowledgeBookCraft.PNG

Installation guide - universal

1)If you do not have minecraftforge installed, install it. It is really simple with their new installer.
2)Download the mod itself.
3)Install DummyCore
4)Install Baubles
5)Put the downloaded .zip into your mods folder
6)Launch the game to see if everything works correctly

I like these Mods, and maybe someone else here is interested. :)

I usually skip mod updates that are mainly fixes and changes and I usually pick mods that seem interesting to me, it'd be impossible for me to mention every mod update each day, that's why you all are here aswell ;)

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
And today, we can celebrate the revival of some people's favourite mod from the Tekkit days.

CraftingTable IV
This mod is an complete rewrite of the CraftingTableIII mod. This mod does the same as the CraftingTable III mod, including the recursive recipe search, and even more! This is still in beta, and extremely large modpacks may result in slower loading of the recipes. However it is fully usable.

Crafting Table IV displays everything you can currently craft with the items in your inventory. How much of each item the recipe uses is displayed on the left as well, click on the item and the Crafting Table IV will automatically craft it for you without you ever having to remember recipes. As you add and remove items from your inventory the list of available items updates. Works with any recipe, including mods.

h9bTFQc.png

The recipes are sorted by mod, and you can prevent all recipes from a certain mod from showing up in the configs.

zTbFXQo.png

Download is available at CurseForge: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/231840-craftingtable-iv
FTB thread: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...or-of-the-famous-craftingtable-iii-mod.95818/
Now if only this could link into my Ender IO inventory panel, I would be set for life.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Immersive Engineering got an official, public Beta!
I know I'm not the only one following it's developement.
Immersive Engineering is a tech mod with a certain charm.
Based on the ideas and concepts, and with all assets created by Damien Hazard, it aims to bring a realism-inspired, retro-futuristic experience of technology and engineering to the user.

It uses the RedstoneFlux API, known from Thermal Expansion, BuildCraft, EnderIO and other mods, but can be played fully standalone. Unlike other mods, IE does not use powertransfer via lanes of blocks, but instead via cables spanned between connectors.
It also allows transport and conversion of IC2's EU =P

The mod features Power Generation in forms of waterwheels, windmills, biodiesel and more and many of its machines are multiblocks!

For all your documentation needs, you should look into this mods ingame documentation, the Engineer's Manual, crafted with a book and a lever.

This mod is also still in beta, so it might have bugs and crashes. Feel free to report these on IE's GitHub:
https://github.com/BluSunrize/ImmersiveEngineering
HYPE HYPE HYYYYYYYYPE!!!!!! :D

Reactions: ICountFrom0

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
HYPE HYPE HYYYYYYYYPE!!!!!! :D
Definitely has the looks and appears to hit the spot of "not being a single magical block" with all it's multiblocks. Can't wait to try it, even if I don't end up using the machines, still look good in a build.

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
Divine rpg:
1.4.0:

Remade from scratch so most, if not all, bugs, glitches, and mistakes are fixed

Rebalanced everything

Twilight dimensions have been renamed

Twilight dimensions have new terrain and generation

Removed pointless blocks

New divine trees in the Overworld

Twilight Golem visually redone

Visual changes to The Eye, Rotatick, and Cadillions

Cadillions are now hostile

New Wildwood mob: Epiphite

Room in Arcana exclusively for the portal

New Arcana trader: The War General

Vethea is now accessed via the Nightmare Bed

New Vethea item: Karos Rockmaul

New GUI for update notifications
DivineRPG is still being updated? Isn't it pretty much obsolete with Nevermine being a thing? o_O