Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

Looks as good as immersive engineering :O

yea, it's been released for quite some time now and it has some pretty good models, sadly it doesn't really seem to be getting much attention
though Immersive Engineering being on Forgecraft and not publicly released seems to be a really good popularity boost for any mod

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
yea, it's been released for quite some time now and it has some pretty good models, sadly it doesn't really seem to be getting much attention
though Immersive Engineering being on Forgecraft and not publicly released seems to be a really good popularity boost for any mod
Yea tested out it's converyor system its like factorio

Planetguy

Jul 29, 2019
On Easy Crafting: Lepko seems more or less gone, but there's some new work by me and makotech222 that makes it perform a bit better (returning results in good time unless you have Steve's Carts). It's available in source code in makotech222's repository, but we haven't released a build - would you like one?

dustin heisey

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh that's a nice idea, but sadly not on the alloys lol.. Their liquids that are the new way to repair the tier 1 armor.. When you stand in the liquid it will repair it.. Givves potion effects and spawns as a block like ice in the world in a structure.. Still need to add the it gets used up part lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SkullyGamingMC

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced Rocketry (Standalone mod part of a modular mod suite)

So im just going to give a disclaimer about this.

This is a mod me and zmaster have been working on called advanced rocketry, it is a standalone mod but will also link in with our other mods we are creating as well.
we are expecting to release it sometime in the next two months but im going to drop a few screen shots.

yes its 1.7.10

expect the following

Proceduraly generated planets
Satellite construction for orbital miners and ore scanners
Modular rockets ( construct how you want your rocket to perform, contain, behave)
Automated transportation between planets via cargo ships, (yes you can still use tesseracts x3)
Gravity boots ( one of the misc tools added by the mod. they allow you to walk on walls and ceilings)
There is a tiering system in the mod as well (ie. you have to have a space yard to build star ships to travel outside the solar system because standard rockets wont reach that far)
Multiple Solar systems

More info in the coming months here are some screen shots and proof of concept of systems mentioned that work.

http://imgur.com/a/MYhD6
http://imgur.com/a/l9NuP
cool!

my mod is having problems. lol.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced Rocketry (Standalone mod part of a modular mod suite)

So im just going to give a disclaimer about this.

This is a mod me and zmaster have been working on called advanced rocketry, it is a standalone mod but will also link in with our other mods we are creating as well.
we are expecting to release it sometime in the next two months but im going to drop a few screen shots.

yes its 1.7.10

expect the following

Proceduraly generated planets
Satellite construction for orbital miners and ore scanners
Modular rockets ( construct how you want your rocket to perform, contain, behave)
Automated transportation between planets via cargo ships, (yes you can still use tesseracts x3)
Gravity boots ( one of the misc tools added by the mod. they allow you to walk on walls and ceilings)
There is a tiering system in the mod as well (ie. you have to have a space yard to build star ships to travel outside the solar system because standard rockets wont reach that far)
Multiple Solar systems

More info in the coming months here are some screen shots and proof of concept of systems mentioned that work.

http://imgur.com/a/MYhD6
http://imgur.com/a/l9NuP
Sweet. I hope this turns out more compatibility-oriented than Galacticraft (specifically, RF-Support and TE style sidedness, at least for energy). :)
Plus, of course, it already looks amazing.
Good luck with it! :D

Reactions: SynfulChaot

dustin heisey

Jul 29, 2019
That would be fantastic! I need textures for pretty much everything and that's the main inhibiting factor in development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
So, a while ago, RWTema posted some pics of Bedrockium and Unstable Tinker's tools. Anybody know if those have been implemented in a released version yet?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
PackGuard
Requires SquidAPI.

PackGuard is a small mod for modpacks that will monitor the mod list, and look for modifications. If the pack has been modified by the user, the mod will inform the user heavily and thoroughly to not report any errors. It will also leave warnings in crash reports and the log to help the pack author identify invalid error reports. The mod is easy to setup, and generates a simple configuration file called PackGuard.cfg.
Warning GUI:
A warning GUI will be displayed at either the first launch or at all launches, depending on a configuration option.
vqKJPum.png

Crash report hooks:
There are 2 kinds of crash report hooks. One at the top:
Code:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
The modpack has been tampered with. Do not report any errors.
The following mods have been added: StarStones, TConstruct, MineTweaker3, SquidUtils
// Quite honestly, I wouldn't worry myself about that.
And one at the bottom:
Code:
Time: 02.06.15 19:10
Description: There was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail and one at the bottom:
  PackGuard|ADDITION: The following mods have been added: SquidScript, StarStones, TConstruct, MineTweaker3, SquidUtils
  PackGuard|REMOVAL: The following mods have been removed: alpaca

Shutdown hooks:
The mod will print warnings to the log whenever the game shuts down.
Code:
[18:01:46] [SquidAPI|Shutdown/INFO] [PackGuard]: The pack has been tampered with. Do not report any errors.
[18:01:46] [SquidAPI|Shutdown/INFO] [PackGuard]: TamperType: ADDITION
[18:01:46] [SquidAPI|Shutdown/INFO] [PackGuard]: The following mods have been added:
[18:01:46] [SquidAPI|Shutdown/INFO] [PackGuard]: StarStones, TConstruct, MineTweaker3, SquidUtils
[18:01:46] [SquidAPI|Shutdown/INFO] [PackGuard]: The pack has been tampered with. Do not report any errors.
[18:01:46] [SquidAPI|Shutdown/INFO] [PackGuard]: TamperType: REMOVAL
[18:01:46] [SquidAPI|Shutdown/INFO] [PackGuard]: The following mods have been removed:
[18:01:46] [SquidAPI|Shutdown/INFO] [PackGuard]: alpaca

SquidUtils
  • Added the option to add comments to crash reports. Create a new file in /config/SquidUtils called CrashReportComment.txt, and write whatever kinda comment you want in there. I'm not gonna police you.
SquidAPI
  • Started working on a crash report API.
  • Fixed some issues.
Awesome. I probably won't use it myself, as I think it's cool when other people modify my stuff for personal use (as long as they don't redistribute, of course). It seems like it'd be really useful for bigger, more unstable packs, or packs with a very specific progression. Nice job! :D

Reactions: RedBoss